MovieForum.cc

Go Back   MovieForum.cc > Member Center > Newcomer Guidance

Newcomer Guidance Guidance and Help

Old 02-12-2009, 03:32 PM

sxuldv8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default video quality

is there a way to adjust the video settings? Even playing it in Real Theater Mode most of the movies I have tried to watch is like watching a clip off of You Tube. All of my software is up to date so I was wondering if there was a way to upgrade the video quality. My guess is it has something to do with the streaming aspect of the site.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:35 PM
Super Moderators

shinny is a jewel in the roughshinny is a jewel in the roughshinny is a jewel in the roughshinny is a jewel in the roughshinny is a jewel in the roughshinny is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxuldv8 View Post
is there a way to adjust the video settings? Even playing it in Real Theater Mode most of the movies I have tried to watch is like watching a clip off of You Tube. All of my software is up to date so I was wondering if there was a way to upgrade the video quality. My guess is it has something to do with the streaming aspect of the site.
Can you give me an example of a video you watched in which this happens? Because, the quality on this site is extremely good so I suspect it could either be bad links or your settings. If you can provide an example, I can check it out.

Thanks.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:01 PM

Transporter 3,Babylon AD,Max Payne,Star Trek-Nemesis--they all seem to be ghosting images. its like trying to play a video game that's meant to be played in 1920 X 1200 in a 800 X 600 mode
Old 02-12-2009, 04:22 PM
Super Moderators

shinny is a jewel in the roughshinny is a jewel in the roughshinny is a jewel in the roughshinny is a jewel in the roughshinny is a jewel in the roughshinny is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Transporter 3,Babylon AD,Max Payne,Star Trek-Nemesis--they all seem to be ghosting images. its like trying to play a video game that's meant to be played in 1920 X 1200 in a 800 X 600 mode
Ok, it's definitely your settings because they all play fine for me.

What version of Realplayer do you have? Are you using firefox or internet explorer? Are you using a PC or Mac?
Old 02-12-2009, 04:32 PM

real player 6.0.14-using Firefox3.0.6 and its a PC. I've changed it to let the realplayer pick the settings and ive changed it to let NVIDIA pick the best settings, but it still is like trying to watch HDTV with a non HD TV set. lots of ruff edges. all my drivers are up to date
Old 02-12-2009, 04:42 PM
Super Moderators

Quote:
real player 6.0.14-using Firefox3.0.6 and its a PC. I've changed it to let the realplayer pick the settings and ive changed it to let NVIDIA pick the best settings, but it still is like trying to watch HDTV with a non HD TV set. lots of ruff edges. all my drivers are up to date
Your realplayer is out of date which is most likely causing your problems. You need to load the most up to date one, which is Realplayer 11. Here is a link to it => Realplayer V11

If that doesn't help, then come back and let me know.

Thanks.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:58 PM

hmmm no help at all-still the same jagged edges and ghosting of images
Old 02-12-2009, 05:02 PM
Super Moderators

Quote:
hmmm no help at all-still the same jagged edges and ghosting of images
When you open the episode, do you watch it straight away or do you load it in Realplayer (by clicking the R at the bottom right of the screen)?

Also, have you successfully watched any streaming video's before on any other site (not this one)? I guess I'm wondering if it's a problem with your computer settings or your monitor?
Old 02-12-2009, 05:15 PM

i watch it in theater mode. the only other place i have trouble is on youtube and watching college football replays on espn web site. i wouldn't think its my computer or monitor since the computer is less than 7 months old. also i watch blu-ray dvds on here that look alot better on this monitor than any tv i have seen. I may have my settings wrong and any help would be appreciated
Old 02-12-2009, 05:22 PM
Super Moderators

Quote:
i watch it in theater mode. the only other place i have trouble is on youtube and watching college football replays on espn web site. i wouldn't think its my computer or monitor since the computer is less than 7 months old. also i watch blu-ray dvds on here that look alot better on this monitor than any tv i have seen. I may have my settings wrong and any help would be appreciated
The standard thing we ask people to do is to check their connection speed in realplayer, but I'm not sure this will help. I've never seen what you have described. I'll tell you how to do that anyway and then ask our administrator to take a look at this post:

1. Open Realplayer and go to Tools and Preferences.
2. Click on connection tab
3. Click on the "Test Connection" tab
4. This will automatically select the correct band with for you.
5. Click ok.