Go Back   MovieForum.cc > Member Center > Newcomer Guidance

Newcomer Guidance Guidance and Help

Old 04-03-2017, 11:58 AM

malkabene is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to malkabene
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterlilybarb View Post
OK, I have tested "Doctor Strange", and it's running smoothly for me in Firefox on my Windows 7 laptop. If you haven't tried Google Chrome, you might want to see if that works better for you. Those are the 2 I use the most, and usually, if a movie is buffering or timing out too much in one, it runs fine in the other. If you haven't already, you can also try clearing your cache and history. That sometimes helps. Even with high speed internet, issues can occur. Sometimes they originate on the other end.

I checked "Get on Up" as well. The subtitles appear to be Chinese, but the audio is in English, and I see no problem with the video. It's likely that was the best option that could be sourced. The subtitles shouldn't interfere with watching the movie, as they don't block out the picture at all.
Well, for me having Chinese subtites half way throught the movie is really a problem! It was very disturbing for me this way, the subtites block a lot of the screen in fact! Just becouse you find it OK, doesnt mean I must find it ok, its not expected to have movie with chinese subtitles - there should be report/info about it, in my opinion. Therefore I asked to be reinbursed and NOTHING happend.

I must say that prior you stepped in as administrator who has "no authority" to solve things, when I wrote to etworm with a problem, I always got results. Seems these times are long time gone!

Really upsetting to spent time writting ERROR POSTs and complaints. And I am not alone.

I suggest you make things work or shut down the site!!
Malkabene
Old 04-03-2017, 02:56 PM
Super Moderators

waterlilybarb will become famous soon enoughwaterlilybarb will become famous soon enoughwaterlilybarb will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkabene View Post
Well, for me having Chinese subtites half way throught the movie is really a problem! It was very disturbing for me this way, the subtites block a lot of the screen in fact! Just becouse you find it OK, doesnt mean I must find it ok, its not expected to have movie with chinese subtitles - there should be report/info about it, in my opinion. Therefore I asked to be reinbursed and NOTHING happend.

I must say that prior you stepped in as administrator who has "no authority" to solve things, when I wrote to etworm with a problem, I always got results. Seems these times are long time gone!

Really upsetting to spent time writting ERROR POSTs and complaints. And I am not alone.

I suggest you make things work or shut down the site!!
Malkabene
I have never claimed to be an administrator of the site. I am a forum moderator (and have been since 2009), who volunteers my time to try and help other members. Etworm is still the site Administrator.

I mentioned the subtitles, because that kind of error generally does not get fixed, since it does not prevent members from watching the movie. I didn't say I thought it was okay, since I haven't watched that movie. I just checked it to verify the issue. As I said, it's likely the best source they had available. That's not a decision I make, it's up to Admin.

You are still welcome to try and contact etworm, since he is the Administrator. In fact, please do. I don't appreciate being berated for something over which I have absolutely no control.

You gonna do something, or just stand there and bleed?
Old 04-15-2017, 01:13 PM

Gainzie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default wrong movie

Clicked on La La Land but I am watching a totally different movie, possibly monster trucks. Please refund
Old 04-15-2017, 05:13 PM
Super Moderators

waterlilybarb will become famous soon enoughwaterlilybarb will become famous soon enoughwaterlilybarb will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gainzie View Post
Clicked on La La Land but I am watching a totally different movie, possibly monster trucks. Please refund
You need to send a PM to etworm for reimbursement. I'll send him a note telling him about the error.

Old 04-16-2017, 06:23 PM

devildriver616 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation playback error

every title i have purchased lately will only play for 2 minutes then my window closes. tried resetting system, no fix and ihave lost mg. what is going on?
Old 04-16-2017, 06:41 PM
Super Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildriver616 View Post
every title i have purchased lately will only play for 2 minutes then my window closes. tried resetting system, no fix and ihave lost mg. what is going on?
I have no idea what could be causing your problem. No one else has mentioned anything similar. Could your computer have a virus?

If you read post #1, there are some troubleshooting tips. It might also help to know what kind of device you're using to watch, and the operating system it uses. Maybe an update has caused a glitch.

Old 04-17-2017, 02:57 AM

Tandem is an unknown quantity at this point
Default the accountant

stopped with about 15 minutes to go.
Old 04-17-2017, 04:28 PM
Super Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandem View Post
stopped with about 15 minutes to go.
PLease read post #1 and provide the information requested. We can't check on errors if there are no specifics provided.

Old 04-20-2017, 04:38 PM

devildriver616 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterlilybarb View Post
You need to send a PM to etworm for reimbursement. I'll send him a note telling him about the error.
meh, not worried about reimbursement. I run my account thru my xbox, could that be a factor?
Old 04-21-2017, 08:24 PM
Super Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildriver616 View Post
meh, not worried about reimbursement. I run my account thru my xbox, could that be a factor?
That could be the problem. I used to be able to watch through my PS3, but when they made some changes, it became incompatible with the site.