MovieForum.cc

Go Back   MovieForum.cc > Member Center > Newcomer Guidance

Newcomer Guidance Guidance and Help

Old 02-19-2017, 12:14 PM

malkabene is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to malkabene
Default Doctor Strange - problem with streaming

Hi,

I am watching movies on Dell computer, Windows 7 Professional. I watched it on Firefox.

Actually all movies I tried to play since Doctor Strange - today also Dad´s Army and Kiss the Girls are experiencing similar problems - they stop to reload all the time but not as bad as Doctor Strange!! Its impossible to watch it.

I have not experienced that before. I am using the same PC and high speed internet connection at my home. It has been ok the last time I watched it, circa 10 days ago.

I can try to play it on Exlorer and let you know.

Thanks
Malkabene

Last edited by malkabene; 04-03-2017 at 11:52 AM. Reason: SAME PROBLEM STILL ON WITH OTHER MOVIES ON EXPLORER!!!
Old 02-19-2017, 12:16 PM

Default Doctor Strange - problem with streaming

Hi,
Waterlilly:
Hello. Sorry I didn't see your posts earlier (was sick all day & not online). I'm on my tablet right now, so can't check the movies (I'll do that when I get up on Sunday), but please see post number #1 for instructions on seeking reimbursement. You'll need to send a PM to Admin for that.

If you see this before I post again, could you provide a few details please? What are you viewing on - a computer, Smart TV, etc? Which operating system - Windows, Mac, etc, and which version - ex: Windows 10? What browser are you using - Chrome, Firefox, etc? I find that switching browsers often fixes a loading and/or speed issue. I'll check back later, once I've had a chance to check out the titles you mentioned.

Reply:
I am watching movies on Dell computer, Windows 7 Professional. I watched it on Firefox.

Actually all movies I tried to play since Doctor Strange - today also Dad´s Army and Kiss the Girls are experiencing similar problems - they stop to reload all the time but not as bad as Doctor Strange!! Its impossible to watch it.

I have not experienced that before. I am using the same PC and high speed internet connection at my home. It has been ok the last time I watched it, circa 10 days ago.

Thanks
Malkabene
Old 02-19-2017, 01:59 PM
Super Moderators

waterlilybarb will become famous soon enoughwaterlilybarb will become famous soon enoughwaterlilybarb will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkabene View Post
Reply:

Thanks
Malkabene
OK, I have tested "Doctor Strange", and it's running smoothly for me in Firefox on my Windows 7 laptop. If you haven't tried Google Chrome, you might want to see if that works better for you. Those are the 2 I use the most, and usually, if a movie is buffering or timing out too much in one, it runs fine in the other. If you haven't already, you can also try clearing your cache and history. That sometimes helps. Even with high speed internet, issues can occur. Sometimes they originate on the other end.

I checked "Get on Up" as well. The subtitles appear to be Chinese, but the audio is in English, and I see no problem with the video. It's likely that was the best option that could be sourced. The subtitles shouldn't interfere with watching the movie, as they don't block out the picture at all.

You gonna do something, or just stand there and bleed?
Old 03-05-2017, 06:36 AM

riceslap is an unknown quantity at this point
Default something wrong

I have had a great time for three days but now nothing but aggravation. the movies take for ever to come on and then constantly freeze up.I am using Microsoft edge with windows 10. I know this is not chrome but it worked perfectly for three days without a hitch.Not one interruption. Now it is terrible. Ispent fifty dollars and wish I did not. Is there ny hope or do I just go back to amazon
Old 03-05-2017, 04:25 PM
Super Moderators

waterlilybarb will become famous soon enoughwaterlilybarb will become famous soon enoughwaterlilybarb will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by riceslap View Post
I have had a great time for three days but now nothing but aggravation. the movies take for ever to come on and then constantly freeze up.I am using Microsoft edge with windows 10. I know this is not chrome but it worked perfectly for three days without a hitch.Not one interruption. Now it is terrible. Ispent fifty dollars and wish I did not. Is there ny hope or do I just go back to amazon
Hello. I'm sorry you're having so much difficulty the past few day. Even though they were working fine with Edge, have you tried any other browser since you've had problems? I find that I sometimes have issues with Chrome, but when I switch to Firefox, I have no problem with the exact same movie, and others have had the reverse prove true for them. I honestly have no idea why changing browsers makes a difference with some movies, or why they are only problematic for some people, but it's worth trying. Please post again (or shoot me a PM) if you continue to have issues, and I'll see if one of the other moderators has access to a computer with Windows 10 (I stubbornly refuse to change from 7 until it's absolutely necessary). If the change in browser works, please post about that, as it might be of use to other users.

Old 03-05-2017, 07:05 PM

sarahlynne123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LOOPER audio very poor

Looper movie audio signal very poor. unable to watch movie due to lack of sound quality.
Old 03-05-2017, 09:03 PM
Super Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahlynne123 View Post
Looper movie audio signal very poor. unable to watch movie due to lack of sound quality.
While the sound is a somewhat low in places, I can hear it fine if I turn the sound up on my computer. I see a few posts beneath it on the movie site mentioning the sound issue though, so it might seem worse to some, depending on what device is used to watch this movie. You are welcome to send a PM to etworm to request reimbursement.

Old 03-26-2017, 06:56 AM

linainuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Jack Reacher doesn't work after about 75% of the movie.
Have to reload over and over only for the same thing to happen again and again. Up to that point it worked fine. But have to find some other site for the last remaining 30min.
Would like to have my MGs back.
Thank you
Linainuk
Old 03-26-2017, 01:09 PM
Super Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by linainuk View Post
Jack Reacher doesn't work after about 75% of the movie.
Have to reload over and over only for the same thing to happen again and again. Up to that point it worked fine. But have to find some other site for the last remaining 30min.
Would like to have my MGs back.
Thank you
Linainuk
You didn't specify which Jack Reacher film you had issues with, so I tested both of them. I had no problem getting them both to load, and tested each throughout, right to the end, and they do work on my Windows 7 laptop in Chrome. If you're viewing on a computer, you might try a different browser, as that sometimes clears up problems - especially if you're the only one experiencing the issue.

You need to send a PM to etworm to request reimbursement. It will not simply be added to your account by posting. Moderators, like myself, don't have the authority to access your viewing account, so we can't issue the reimbursement.

Old 04-03-2017, 11:44 AM

Thumbs down Buffering movies

HI!
All movies I tried yesterday and today, have been buffering and I was not able to watch them. I am only using your approved webs - Internet Explorer, Firefox - both the same, NOT WORKING!!

I tried to let the movie go on without sound, but after 2 hours it managed to get to 31 min of the video!!!!!! That is simply terrible.

How are you going to resolve it?? I have still MG to use and dont want to loose them - last time I reported buffering, also to entworm - I was never reimbursed!

Malkabene