PDA

View Full Version : Slow Loading Movies

bad69boy
08-08-2009, 11:51 PM
Can someone tell me why the movies are taking FOREVER to load. Every movie I started to watch since yesterday failed to completely load. What gives? It is really irritating to lose credit because a movie fails to load. Please give me some answers.

linusdepinus
08-09-2009, 03:43 AM
same problem here!!

waterlilybarb
08-09-2009, 11:21 AM
Sorry people. We haven't as yet ben given a reason for the slow loading. There are a few possibilities, but I don't want to speculate.

If you have lost MG, please send a PM to etworm (http://www.movieforum.cc/private.php?do=newpm&u=12).

linusdepinus
08-10-2009, 10:52 AM
mmm. just for a moment i thought problem was solved but unf. still problems slow loading... :(

killian32
08-10-2009, 02:57 PM
loading times are now ridiculous, i might aswel go back to watching divx uploads at this rate. SORT IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

nhamati
08-12-2009, 06:46 AM
while i am watching the movie whether it is free or with points, the movie stops quite few times for downloading and sometimes it takes me three hrs to watch an one hour and half movie. Should I upgrade real player or does anyone one have any suggestion, please?

waterlilybarb
08-12-2009, 09:51 AM
Are you watching in your own Real Player? If so, versions 10.5 or 11 seem to work fine.

There has been a problem with slow loading recently, so that's possibly what you're experiencing. We still haven't heard from admin what's causing this problem, so in the meantime, I suggest you try loading the movies prior to watching, and since it's taking so long, do so earlier than you plan to watch the movie.

GollygeeIamMe
08-12-2009, 11:30 AM
Hi, hope u all doing well down under. I miss being able to enjoy your website!!! Ever since 8/8/09, Sat. I have had CONSTANT trouble watching movies. ESPECIALLY TRANSFORMERS on the FREE list. I hope u can FIX THIS PROBLEM so we can continue to support and enjoy your moviesite. Thank you for your prompt attention.

Respectfully,
GollyGeeIamMe:confused:

thebest2k8
08-12-2009, 09:01 PM
slow loading movies are due to high traffic sometimes i think....but if you see it loading slowly just close it and reload it...you don't get charged loading it again because you can watch as many times as you like for free for 24 hours

waterlilybarb
08-13-2009, 07:46 PM
slow loading movies are due to high traffic sometimes i think....but if you see it loading slowly just close it and reload it...you don't get charged loading it again because you can watch as many times as you like for free for 24 hours

While high traffic can cause slow loading, the problems these members (as well as many others who no doubt choose not to post) is a new one.

I have sent a PM to etworm requesting clarification before speculating about the cause. At this time, we really don't know what has caused the recent slow down.

Also, members can click on a movie 10 times within a 24 hour period for the initial charge. After that, they will be charged again.

etworm
08-14-2009, 12:40 AM
I am very sorry for this issue.
Our server provider was widening their network and constructing infrastructure.
They had done yesterday.
According to my test, connection turn good like before.
Any members who were affected in the past days, please feel free to send me a PM to request MG refund.

And if any member still can not get smooth loading, please let me know.

bad69boy
08-15-2009, 01:57 AM
Thank you for letting us know what was going on.

It would be nice to know when and for how long this type of activity could potentially happen again in the future, we are your customers and keeping us informed on maintenance issues and such is just good business and less stress for you in the end.

I am sure everyone here would appreciate this courtesy.

etworm
08-17-2009, 11:21 PM
Sorry for this problem again.
If this problem happen again in the future, we will move our site to another server.

johnnabrock
08-20-2009, 06:37 PM
Then , when I tried to play a movie, I got this error message:

"err32MySQL server has gone away"

Gone away? Awww...say it ain't so!

waterlilybarb
08-20-2009, 08:49 PM

Which movie? If it's just one, or one of the newly uploaded movies, it's most likely a glitch. Please report any such errors here (http://www.movieforum.cc/showthread.php?t=24&page=13).

johnnabrock
08-21-2009, 07:36 AM
Pages are loading quickly today...no problems. Thanks for quick response.

trulee
08-21-2009, 02:27 PM
Pages are loading quickly today...no problems. Thanks for quick response.

Glad things have been resolved for you. :D

daisy
08-21-2009, 08:37 PM

Tried to load a few different movies tonight and couldn't get one to load...........grrrrrr

SahFauby73
11-11-2009, 09:39 AM
ive just recognized that when i charge my t10 and let it play music at the same time in some songs it plays the first seconds normaly then it plays em very slow.

if i press any button it plays normal speed. the slow speed is like loading very slowly.

sometimes i can hear a song without these probs and sometimes inthe same song ive this problem

aanyone has this problem too?

waterlilybarb
11-11-2009, 07:00 PM
This is a movie site, so I'm not sure what you mean by music and songs loading slowly.

Trielo
11-21-2009, 01:23 PM
I have noticed it is VERY slow while trying to browse the board. Any tech reason why?
Anyone else notice?

waterlilybarb
11-21-2009, 01:39 PM
I have noticed it is VERY slow while trying to browse the board. Any tech reason why?
Anyone else notice?

It's possible you're connection is slower. I generally don't have an issue with movies loadng slowly if I'm only browsing the forum. If I'm doing too much else though and find the movie loads slow, I close the other things I'm doing, and that generally works in speeding things up for me.

Do check your RealPlayer settings - select Tools - Preferences - on the left select Connection, then test connection. That can also make a difference. Hope that helps. :)

SahFauby73
11-21-2009, 01:54 PM
ive just recognized that when i charge my t10 and let it play music at the same time in some songs it plays the first seconds normaly then it plays em very slow.

if i press any button it plays normal speed. the slow speed is like loading very slowly.

sometimes i can hear a song without these probs and sometimes inthe same song ive this problem

waterlilybarb
11-21-2009, 02:54 PM

I've already responded to your previous post (which you have just copied & pasted). Your query does not make sense on this forum. If you repost the same question without clarifying how it applies to our site, I'll delete it and give you a warning.

SahFauby73
12-04-2009, 03:41 PM
the problem u stated of speed fading out was generally faced recently by many from rapidshare servers , what server are u downloading from , try to ping it and see if it doesnt respond then its not ur problem.

waterlilybarb
12-04-2009, 09:57 PM
the problem u stated of speed fading out was generally faced recently by many from rapidshare servers , what server are u downloading from , try to ping it and see if it doesnt respond then its not ur problem.

This is a streaming site, not a downloading one. If you are responding to a specific post, please quote it or note which member you are addressing.

shinny
12-13-2009, 02:04 AM
Hi Ranana,

I dont know if this slowness would apply to your Raven use unless you have a networked folder or hundreds of files that you select at the same time. Can you tell me more about the amazon link?

Thanks
Dounan

As you both share the same IP address you either live together, work together or go to school together. Please conduct any further conversations of this nature in person and not on a public forum.

No discussions of downloading will be tolerated. This is a warning.

rdohn
01-21-2010, 05:00 PM
Ok, movies where loading in a reasonable fashion until the past 24 hours...one movie took about 6 hours to fully load before I could finally see the ending. NOT cool.

I even re-installed RealPlayer to a newer version (with a ton more advertisement junk) and stilll.....SLOW loading.

It doesn't seem to be my internet connection (test's out just fine).

Is there another "upgrade" going on???

pandasourdog
02-20-2010, 08:12 PM
Hello to All,

Not to bring up an old issue, but I noticed a definite slow-down during a movie tonight. I started watching about around 9:00pm CST and by 10:00pm CST the movie would barely load. It has taken me twice as long as it should have to watch the last half of Ironman.

I did a speedtest, and I'm testing at over 900kbps download speed, however when I ping the movieonline.cc site the latency is between 250ms and 300ms which is 2-3x higher than my normal latency. Google and other sites test at around 100ms.

This might be worth a look by the admin team.

thanks