PDA

View Full Version : Notice: the rule for free movies changed

etworm
07-02-2009, 12:29 AM
After half of a year, our site has uploaded many pop Hollywood movies.
Now most of our daily-uploaded movies are new releases. But bandwidth of our streaming server is mostly occupied by free movies, which risks interests of our VIP members. So we have to alter the rule that which movies should be labeled as free from newly uploaded to 30 member-chosen movies released half of a year before. In addition, our staff will double check newly uploaded movies to ensure streaming quality.
All of 30 free movies will be free for a whole month and replaced on the 1st of the next month according to members votes. That's to say members put their movie list here to say which movies(released in 2008 and earlier) you want to watch them for free. 30 mostly mentioned movies will replace the current free movies.

Please use this thread to make your suggestions =>Free Movies Suggestion Thread (http://www.movieforum.cc/showthread.php?t=1035)

waterlilybarb
07-02-2009, 12:49 AM
That sounds fair. So, each month, whichever movies get the most member votes will be the free ones? Should members just post in this thread which movie/s they would prefer, or are there going to be polls?

Thanks for keeping us up to date. :)

cameo50
07-02-2009, 12:57 AM
do you have to buy a certain amount of MG ($$), before you can watch a free
movie? thanks, cameo50.

etworm
07-02-2009, 01:48 AM
do you have to buy a certain amount of MG ($$), before you can watch a free
movie? thanks, cameo50.

Free movies only require register.

bala
07-02-2009, 04:44 AM
OK thanks for the annoucement

when does voting start ?

spratt89
07-02-2009, 04:56 AM
I remember suggesting that in this thread I made.

My Link (http://www.movieforum.cc/showthread.php?t=780)

bala
07-02-2009, 05:02 AM
does new free list start in auguest ?

brodene
07-02-2009, 11:57 AM
I say - all 3 Matrix films...

shinny
07-02-2009, 12:21 PM
That sounds like a good and fair way of doing it. Thanks for the update.

Celticmaidn
07-02-2009, 12:28 PM
This is a great idea and we can revive MWG pics with this too. :)

iklemiracle
07-02-2009, 12:47 PM
CooL...Where do we post?:)

Toramizu7
07-02-2009, 04:27 PM
If we request movies that we would like brought to the site that are pre-one year ago, could they be the ones uploaded as well?

kellyanne
07-02-2009, 05:31 PM
What is the point in putting free movies on here that have already been on tv loads of times? I liked the old way of doing the free movies cos at least we were all in the same boat........ Doing it the new way will only have movies on that some want........ The Matrix movies have already been on tv so why put them on here......... No this way sucks.........

kellyanne
07-02-2009, 05:37 PM
And all the movies that are on free at moment are all so old that they have been on tv endless amount of times.......... And only changing the movies once a month sucks too..........

waterlilybarb
07-02-2009, 06:02 PM
As our Admin has stated, it is important not to tie up all the bandwidth with the free movies, as those that pay will be adversely affected.

bandwidth of our streaming server is mostly occupied by free movies, which risks interests of our VIP members. So we have to alter the rule that which movies should be labeled as free from newly uploaded to 30 member-chosen movies released half of a year before.

Please see this thread (http://www.movieforum.cc/showthread.php?t=1035), and voice which movies you would like to see free first. Not all the movies are old ones, nor have they all been aired on TV many times. You don't have to choose from the list in post #1 of that thread, you can post your own choices.

classapcs
07-02-2009, 06:18 PM
Why are the movies listed as free, taking 5MG?
I don't mind paying, but I want to know when I have to.
Thanks.

bala
07-02-2009, 11:21 PM
i think sunshine cleaning is free

duncekidd
07-03-2009, 01:24 AM
yeah i thik thats fair, besides if their from 2008 they wouldn't be on tv yet as someone previously stated.

would there be an email sent out to notify when these movies are available?

bala
07-03-2009, 02:38 AM
i think sunshine cleaning is free

IT WAS FREE THIS MORNING BUT NOT ANYMORE :eek:

Look like there was error :D

i wish more of this type of error :)

karimmule
07-03-2009, 11:57 AM
After half of a year, our site has uploaded many pop Hollywood movies.
Now most of our daily-uploaded movies are new releases. But bandwidth of our streaming server is mostly occupied by free movies, which risks interests of our VIP members. So we have to alter the rule that which movies should be labeled as free from newly uploaded to 30 member-chosen movies released half of a year before. In addition, our staff will double check newly uploaded movies to ensure streaming quality.
All of 30 free movies will be free for a whole month and replaced on the 1st of the next month according to members votes. That's to say members put their movie list here to say which movies(released in 2008 and earlier) you want to watch them for free. 30 mostly mentioned movies will replace the current free movies.

I think this is a good idea . Reading viewers comments one can tell it's not going to be easy, you have MATRIX as example . Good luck.

allamerican
07-03-2009, 12:06 PM
Would you be so kind as to refund my 5MG Credits for SHAWDOMAN, I could not get the movie to DOWNLOAD but I was charged for the movie anyway.

Thanks in advance!

Allamerican

allamerican
07-03-2009, 12:57 PM
This is the second time today I have lost my MG credits (4 CREDITS) when the movie (SPIDERMAN-II) I selected DIDNOT DOWNLOAD.

This situation can become very annoying, WOULD YOU BE SO KIND AS TO CREDIT MY MG 4 CREDITS A.S.A.P. PLEASE!

Thanks in advance,

P. B. J.

allamerican
07-03-2009, 01:31 PM
I have had enough of losing my mg credits for one day (3 times): Shadowman (4), spiderman-ii (4) and hellboy-ii (5) for a total of 14 credits.

I have had enough for one day, i'm out of here. Please give me a refund as soon as you can.

Thanks in advance!

Allamerican

waterlilybarb
07-03-2009, 01:54 PM
@ allamerica

Please send a PM to etworm for reimbursement.

BTW, this site is not a downloading site, as downloading is illegal. The movies are meant to watch streaming. You have 10 attempts to watch any film within 24 hours on the initial MG you paid.

Please make sure you are right clicking on the Real Player pop up and selecting "Play in Real Player" or "Play In RP theater mode" to make your viewing experience smoother.

kellyanne
07-03-2009, 02:25 PM
Where can we get a list to choose and vote from cos I dont know all movies and how old they are?

waterlilybarb
07-03-2009, 02:50 PM
Look through the movie site and see what we have (there are still movies added daily) and choose from those.

For newer movies choose "Release Year" or "required MG" and input a year (2008 or 2009) or 5MG in the search box. Then make a post in here (http://www.movieforum.cc/showthread.php?t=1035) with your selections. You can add more movies as you come across them (meaning you don't have to try & come up with a list of 30).

Hope that helps. :)

kellyanne
07-03-2009, 04:57 PM
I know when to keep my mouth shut so from now on I will........:rolleyes:

kellyanne
07-03-2009, 05:01 PM
Only joking........ Thanks waterlilybarb yes that does help....... Thanks again

shinny
07-04-2009, 05:31 AM
I am closing this thread as it was for information only.

Please see point #1 of This Thread (http://www.movieforum.cc/showthread.php?t=1943) for an explanation of the new policy.

Thanks
Shinny