PDA

View Full Version : My Bloody Valentine

bala
05-24-2009, 07:47 AM
Fantastic horror film i really enjoyed it :cool:

trulee
05-24-2009, 11:13 AM
Fantastic horror film i really enjoyed it :cool:

Could you elaborate as to why - make your post worthwhile?

steph290504
05-24-2009, 01:10 PM
I really want to watch this film but its a 3d one. Is it ok to watch without the glasses or do i need to invest in a set?

shinny
05-24-2009, 02:05 PM
I really want to watch this film but its a 3d one. Is it ok to watch without the glasses or do i need to invest in a set?

I don't think you need the glasses. It's a really great quality picture, so you'll be fine without.

redsoxpatriot30
05-24-2009, 07:32 PM
You do not need to have the 3D glasses to see the movie...it's in 2D format.

redsoxpatriot30
05-24-2009, 07:40 PM
I saw this tonight and it was originally supposed to be something to listen to while I did some decisions about what my movie schedules going to be for the next month...lol don't ask. Anyways, of course, I'm not one to ignore a movie completely (I did get a lot of work done though) and was almost immediately drawn in.

So it's a slasher film but it was a good one at that. It was fairly gory and there was a scene that I completely ignored featured at the motel because it was too explicit but most of it I could bear to watch. The story was good but did have a twist at the end conflicting with the original. The characters felt more developed than usual horror movies which left me satisfied. I liked this movie a lot and I think it will be a treat to those of you who aren't happy with current horror flicks. From what I've read online, most people were satisfied and was one reason I picked it out.

I can just imagine what it would be like in 3D...scary :eek: ... Hopefully, a sequel will be made even though I'm not keen on sequels...there was definitely room for one and I will be waiting for my share of Valentine's Day scares in Harmony.

Dannie
05-25-2009, 02:37 AM
I have to say I disagree! I was so looking forward to seeing this movie when it was first released. I watched the 3d version in the cinema.

I was very disappointed! the whole film seemed (IMO) ofcourse, rushed! it wasn't original, very predictible, and overall a bit lame really :eek:

But hey each to their own!

mako
05-25-2009, 06:22 AM
I'm a huge fan of horror movies and lately there just hasn't been one I enjoyed, too many are under budgeted and the casting is horrible and unoriginal but this one was all right. Jensen Ackles and Kerr Smith fit the role really well.

It had more nudity than I'm used to in a slasher film but I guess thats one of the things that attracts some people.

The movie seemed a little bit rushed and for a slasher film there wasn't enough shock factor.

I'm glad I saw it here than at the movie theater though. I was tempted to see it during Valentines while it played at the theater here in Tokyo. I would have been very unhappy if I paid to watch this at the movie theater.

bala
05-25-2009, 11:24 AM
Could you elaborate as to why - make your post worthwhile?

i didn't want post Spoilers about the film and ruin for those members who haven't seen hence why i kept it short but since you asked the main reason i liked the film was because it's very violent there isn't many horror film that really shock me graphically but this really goes from shock factor it's very brutal to watch which was what i liked about they film.

I'm twisted individual who actually found it funny the diffrence he killed the people in the film-it wasn't same style every single time. however despite this glowing comment i was disappointed with the ending-it was all in the guys head -what a bloody cope out i really was expect to be someone else rather obvious suspect. As the film goes you kind of expected it another person rather than who the film was pointing it out to be. it makes no sense what so ever. you left wondering is that it? :eek:

trulee
05-25-2009, 01:52 PM
i didn't want post Spoilers about the film and ruin for those members who haven't seen hence why i kept it short but since you asked the main reason i liked the film was because it's very violent there isn't many horror film that really shock me graphically but this really goes from shock factor it's very brutal to watch which was what i liked about they film.

I'm twisted individual who actually found it funny the diffrence he killed the people in the film-it wasn't same style every single time. however despite this glowing comment i was disappointed with the ending-it was all in the guys head -what a bloody cope out i really was expect to be someone else rather obvious suspect. As the film goes you kind of expected it another person rather than who the film was pointing it out to be. it makes no sense what so ever. you left wondering is that it? :eek:

Thank you for heeding my request to elaborate Bala. Twisted or not I am sure you can write a critique of any film you see without including too many spoilers. My only suggestion about what you have just written would be to suggest in future you say the ending wasnt quite what you expected that way you wont give away the 'twist'. :)

steph290504
05-26-2009, 05:20 AM
Thanks very much, i look forward to seeing the film now then.:)

CipCOW
07-21-2009, 01:15 PM
Posted on the main site, hot off the press by Clint, Jaime King is set to star in the remake of the 1981 slasher My Bloody Valentine ... where Jaime can act is to be discussed another day, my biggest problem,

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH THE GREAT REMAKES OF THE B GRADE 80s CLASSICS ???

FFS guys, go remake The Sound Of Music and stop p'ing me off.

Saevew
08-25-2009, 11:56 AM
I just got the new dvd of the remake of My Bloody Valentine 3D/2D flip dvd set and watched it Monday night.

I was really impressed with the film and all the great kills in it. The acting and characters in it werent too bad at all.

I still think that the original 1980 film is the best of the 2 but I do like the remake alot.

The film stars Kerr Smithfrom The Forsaken, Jensen Acklesfrom tvs Supernatural, Jaime Kingfrom The Tripper, Tom Atkinsfrom Halloween 3, etc...... And there is a one hot looking blonded actress getting boinked in a motel room in it.

I actually liked watching the regular 2D instead of the 3D version. I guess cause I hate wearing 3D glasses.

Anyway, the film is pretty cool and has lots of kills in it and there good and gory too.

D.troda
12-02-2009, 08:17 PM
Bloody is pretty cool from what ive experienced with him.
Maybe NEW should organize a hunt.
Id help out but I get so hungry......

mekaty
01-20-2010, 09:37 PM
brilliantly done..... a great one...