PDA

View Full Version : MWG X-Men Trilogy Discussion

waterlilybarb
05-15-2009, 02:03 PM
Movie Watchers Guild X-Men trilogy discussion. Please watch all 3 of these movies (X-Men/ X2: X-Men United/ X-Men: The Last Stand) and discuss them here. You do not need to be Guild member to participate. Once you have seriously discussed both movies I (or Celticmaidn ;)) will increase your reputation. Nice bonus!!!
If you wish to join to Guild check out social groups and participation is required.

waterlilybarb
05-16-2009, 08:43 PM
Rewatched the 1st movie tonight. I enjoyed it, but I think the 2nd is my favourite of the 3. I like the character Nightcrawler, though must admit Wolverine is a favourite too ;), and am looking forward to watching #2 within the next week.

It's been a while since I've seen this movie and I had forgotten what a good job they did in introducing the characters and story to those of us unfamiliar with the comics. They also did a good job in setting up the ending for the sequel, while still making it a complete story in itself.

One of the things I look for in "series" movies is if they hold up on their own, and this one definitely does.

The entire series is an interesting & effective look at bigotry - always a timely subject.

waterlilybarb
05-28-2009, 02:58 PM
I've had a migraine all week, so haven't had a chance to watch the other 2 movies yet, but they are still on my list.

I did however, see the new X-Men movie. I liked it very much...especially as we learned how Wolverine came to be the kind of man he is, and how old he is (approximately). Good stuff. :)

momshothoney
06-08-2009, 09:10 PM
Hope your feeling better. I watched X-Men United and thought it was even better than the first probably because it gave us a deeper look into the characters and what they represent the cast was great and they helped to make this movie enjoyable. If your a fan of the old comics you can understand how keeping each character true to the original source is really important I think its an absolute must if your going to use someone elses work.

waterlilybarb
06-23-2009, 09:07 PM
Anyone watching these movies, or do we want a change of pace?