PDA

View Full Version : Actors/Actresses that you just can't watch?

shinny
05-03-2009, 04:57 PM
What actors/actresses can't you watch? What films have you not being able to watch because you just don't like the actor/actress?

I haven't watched the curious case of benjamin button because of Brad Pitt!! I know I'm probably missing out, but I find it hard to watch films that he is in!!

What about you?

Celticmaidn
05-03-2009, 05:20 PM
Winona Ryder bugs me now. I use to love her in my teens but now I can't watch her.
I know there are others but my brain is mush right now.

waterlilybarb
05-03-2009, 06:22 PM
Tom Cruise - ever since he went squirrelly about there being no such thing as chemical imbalances in the brain et al. I was never a huge fan anyway, but now I can't even watch the few movies of his that I used to like. I don't see the character I just see idiot boy.

redsoxpatriot30
05-04-2009, 06:38 PM
Brendan Fraser is the only one that comes to mind...I usually don't spend my time thinking about the people I dislike in film. :confused: I haven't really seen any Tom Cruise movies, but I bet if I did, I would probably only see him as the guy jumping on Oprah's couch...so weird yet pop culture revolves around that one incident.

waterlilybarb
05-04-2009, 06:56 PM
So true. That's one of the main reasons I don't watch entertainment shows. I hate knowing about the actors personal lives. It often ruins their performances for me, even when they are good actors.

redsoxpatriot30
05-04-2009, 07:00 PM
True...sometimes it's even for the better. Certain actors' and actresses' films are getting recognized because of something that's happened...it can go either way. Actresses like Christina Ricci and the Deschanel sisters are hardly mentioned in any entertainment magazine...makes me appreciate them even more... For actors, it's tough...depending on if you have teenyboppers waiting at your doorstep. That's how Hollywood rolls...

waterlilybarb
05-04-2009, 07:16 PM
Teenybopper stuff doesn't irritate me too much. It's the adults that act like idiots in front of the paparazzi looking for attention that irk me more. A mention of someone having a child or getting married is one thing, but I could care less who's dating who or where they ate dinner or went on vacation.

bala
05-04-2009, 10:33 PM
Angelina Jolie i just find her face look like alien which is distracting

Celticmaidn
05-05-2009, 05:12 AM
wow The most beautiful woman in the world and you can't look at her, that is some power :D
Lindsy Lohan gets on my nerves too and her voice is even worse.

bala
05-05-2009, 12:24 PM
you see i don't see it-i must be the only guy in world that doesn't find her attractive:D

jacles
05-05-2009, 05:42 PM
Hahahaha i would have to agree with most of those:) deffinatly tom cruise and his scientolodgy cant quiet come at nicole kidman either or penelopy cruz she just erks me.

waterlilybarb
05-05-2009, 07:36 PM
Penelope doesn't bug me but there was something about her that irked my Mum too. I can't remember exactly what it was - I just recall her saying something any time we watched a film with her in it.

jacles
05-06-2009, 12:55 AM
well ummmm i think its because she cant act and she plays the same sort of bland uninteresting firey porto rican wench or whatever she plays with an accent.....tom cruise is the same only shorter:) no offence intented to other porta rican actors

waterlilybarb
05-06-2009, 09:54 AM
I think she's actually from Spain. I know it wasn't her accent that bugged my Mum, but it was something just as minor that she found irritating enough to be distracting. Funny how such small things (from just one performer) can detract from an otherwise good movie.

Celticmaidn
05-06-2009, 02:41 PM
I can't stand her either, mainly because she is always suppose to be sexy but if you cut her hair she looks like a 12 year old boy. I think she is ugly.

lexi10
05-06-2009, 04:19 PM
jim carrey... just that i couldnt watch him, his acting pisses me off

jacles
05-06-2009, 04:25 PM
yeap i agree with supposed to be sexy and sultry but it dont happen.....i hope me son grows up better looking than her....... i really like jim carey in the first ace ventura......then i grew up and now i know he has adhd:D

waterlilybarb
05-06-2009, 07:08 PM
i really like jim carey in the first ace ventura......then i grew up and now i know he has adhd:D

I don't know why, but that made me laugh out loud! Thanks for that - I needed a good laugh. :D

shinny
05-07-2009, 03:28 AM
It's funny, I wouldn't be mad about Ms Cruz either. Not really sure why! Yes, she is Spannish. I don't find her very Spannish though, so maybe that's why, lol!! I mean, in the sense that she doesn't act like most Spannish people I know.

I don't mind Jim Carey. Although I agree that he plays the same character in every film. I saw Yes Man on the plane when I went to NY recently and I actually enjoyed it.

Lol Red, I don't think anyone spends that much time thinking about actors/actresses that they don't like, but it becomes apparent when you watch certain films that you just don't like the "stars" !!

Actually Bala, you'd be amazed how many men don't find Angelina that attractive. I've read a lot of articles that suggest it's women who think she is attractive to men.

Celticmaidn
05-07-2009, 04:43 AM
Well I guess all us women know how to pick them. :D

Hypechic
05-08-2009, 12:58 AM
I used to like watching Tom Cruise but after his shenanigans on Oprah's couch, everything about him just irritates me. Irrational I know but *shrug*:cool:

Apart from him, no other person readily comes to mind. There are some but I can't think of any of them at the moment.

iklemiracle
06-07-2009, 05:33 PM
As gutted as I am to finally 'come out', I can no longer contain my ever growing dislike of............... John Travolta.:(

Oh how I adored that fella. It started with Greece (must have watched it 200 times!) Saturday night fever, Blow out,,,,,I even forgave him for Look who's talking. After his big comeback with Pulp Fiction his skills for me went into free-fall
Dunno what it is, these days, what ever 'it' was that he had.... I just don't buy it any more.

(Is it just me or are there more of us?)

Yet another legend lost to the incredulous world of Scientology.

And he owns and flys his own jet...(still not impressed);)

(Tom Cruise I agree is a fruitcake....and supposedly living a sham life as the rummer is he likes boys)

Nicole Kidman is another....what has she done to her top lip lately, she looks like she got stung by a wasp.

shinny
06-08-2009, 12:15 PM
I know what you mean Ikle. I wouldn't say I dislike John T anymore, but I probably don't like him as much these days. I'm a big Grease Fan also. I could watch the film over and over and over....you get the picture.

He also flies for Qantas (Australian Airline) as he has to fly so many miles a year to keep his licence. You got to admire him for that!!

jacles
06-16-2009, 12:12 AM
Okay im going out on a limb here...........Woody Alan "'wince'" please dont hit me, i know lots of people like him, but i find him very disturbing and creepy......excuse me i had to vomit.......and his lovely wife yum yum.

Celticmaidn
06-16-2009, 07:51 AM
I can't stand him either and don't even watch movies he wtites or directs.
The whole daughter wife thing creeps me out.

waterlilybarb
06-16-2009, 02:40 PM
I was never a big Woody Allan fan to begin with, but I agree - all that mess really turned me off of him.

shinny
06-16-2009, 03:16 PM
Yep, have to concur with Woody Allen too. I find him such an odd ball!

jacles
06-16-2009, 03:36 PM
And another one i cant stand is Sasha Baron Cohen. he is not funny uuuurrgg. he reminds me of a squid that inked all over the place. what is he supposed to be? apart from over the top. just not a funny man .i find Will Farrell funnier than him, and i dont like him much either. Ok just so you dont think that i hate everyone i do like Vin Diesel

steph290504
06-17-2009, 12:42 AM
You will all probably think im mad but i cant stand Michael Caine! I just cant watch him, i dont know the reason and i cant quite put my finger on it, i know he is a good actor and everything but theres something about him i dont like. The only film i forced myself to watch with him in was the austin powers movie he did and thats only because i love those films. LOL. Silly i know..maybe he just gives me the creeps?:confused:

jacles
06-18-2009, 03:59 PM
I dont think that you are silly. M Caine is a wooden acter that allways acts the same in all his movies.My dog could do better.

waterlilybarb
06-18-2009, 04:50 PM
That's a matter of opinion. I like some of the roles Caine has played. I wouldn't say all his performances were top notch, but he's a talented actor. Why he gives Steph the creeps, I can't say, but sometimes certain actors just don't sit well with us - even if they have talent.

shinny
06-18-2009, 11:45 PM
I don't agree that Michael Caine is a wooden actor either. I think you do tend to like him or load him but not because he's a bad actor.

One of my favourite films with Michael Caine is Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. If you haven't seen it then you should really watch it. I also liked him Miss Congeniality.

Grah1956
06-19-2009, 02:17 AM
yes i agree with you Bala, i just can't stand Angelina Jolie either. Now my very fav actress is Gillian anderson,mmmmm,

joeality75
08-07-2009, 01:03 AM
I really can't f'ing stand Angelina Jolie, Julia Roberts, Adam Sandler and Will Farrell. And for sure would push Zac Efron, Megan Fox and Scarlett Johanson in front of a bus.

mekaty
03-14-2010, 09:19 PM
Angelina Jolie i just find her face look like alien which is distractingI only like her lips.