PDA

View Full Version : What Movie are you waiting for to hit Theaters?

thebest2k8
01-22-2009, 05:22 PM
what new movies are you excited about??

thebest2k8
01-22-2009, 05:22 PM
i just want to know what movies i should be looking forward to coming out in 2009

thebest2k8
01-22-2009, 05:23 PM
actually there were two one i saw and it was alright i thought it would of been better Notorious, and the second one I'm excited about is X-Men Origins - Wolverine

lexi10
01-22-2009, 05:27 PM
Harry Potter - The half Blood Prince :D

thebest2k8
01-22-2009, 05:32 PM
yeah the new harry potter is suppose to be a pretty good movie ;)

Birdhm
01-22-2009, 05:37 PM
X-men Origins: Wolverine :cool:
Star Trek :)
Terminator Salvation :D
Friday the 13th :eek:
Underworld: Rise of the Lycans :)

wooky44
01-22-2009, 06:04 PM
my bloody valentine (not out in australia yet)
star trek

thebest2k8
01-22-2009, 08:07 PM
ohh yeah i totally forgot about underworld and terminator

yea those are definite must sees

Birdhm
01-22-2009, 09:38 PM
2012: Looks interesting
The Fast and Furious: I like Van Diesel.
Push

lono1126
01-22-2009, 09:56 PM
X-men Origins: Wolverine, only because Wolverine is my favorite characher out of the series. But sadly I know I'm going to be a bit disapointed when the story line takes a less than acurate turn in direction. It all changes on the silver screen. :mad:

lexi10
01-22-2009, 10:08 PM
X-men Origins: Wolverine, only because Wolverine is my favorite characher out of the series. But sadly I know I'm going to be a bit disapointed when the story line takes a less than acurate turn in direction. It all changes on the silver screen. :mad:

That one too. i like wolverine.. and hugh jackman. perfect for the role..;)

thebest2k8
02-02-2009, 11:45 PM
yea wolverine is def my fav Xmen by far

WeAretheFew92
02-05-2009, 05:11 AM
im waiting for Watchmen to come out..i read the comic and its really good..I also saw the preview for both Transformers 2 and GI Joe: Rise of Cobra.. and they look pretty sick

waterlilybarb
02-05-2009, 07:41 AM
Star Trek is the one I'm most looking forward to. :)

thebest2k8
02-05-2009, 10:05 AM
watchmen looks really cool, but i never really got into the comic books

cable.guy
02-05-2009, 10:12 AM
how do u delete ur profile

thebest2k8
02-05-2009, 10:16 AM
what do you mean delete your profile???

redsoxpatriot30
02-19-2009, 06:31 PM
Transformers 2 is my main film for the summer...as is Up. The Soloist is a movie that I've been waiting to see for almost 5 months...they keep moving the date!

kahmeleone
02-19-2009, 07:16 PM
The new Star Trek..... Droooooool......

thebest2k8
02-20-2009, 09:04 PM
yea transformer 2 is suppose to be a really good film , i really enjoyed the first one to, was a big fan when i was a kid

m0viem0nster
02-21-2009, 12:12 AM
Sherlock Holmes with the fantastic Robert Downey Jr, T4, Star Trek, Bourne 4, Toy Story 3

gypsiegirl66
02-21-2009, 01:22 AM
I'm waiting for Twilight, to come out on DVD. Has anyone seen it? If so, was it any good?

m0viem0nster
02-21-2009, 03:33 AM
"Up", "Public Enemies", "2012", The Hobbit films, Another Batman film, "Imaginarium Of Doctor Parnassus", Transformers 2, "Avatar", "X-Men Origins Wolverine", Iron Man 2, Tin Tin films, Spiderman 4, "G.I. Joe" "The Wolfman":D

Celticmaidn
02-21-2009, 05:22 AM
I watched twilight and enjoyed it because I read the books it was not as good as it could of been but we all know how that works.

thebest2k8
02-21-2009, 11:06 AM
books that are made to movies, are never as good as the book, becasue the book gives you a more indepth coverage, detail into the storyline, unlike the movies

m0viem0nster
02-22-2009, 02:17 AM
books that are made to movies, are never as good as the book, becasue the book gives you a more indepth coverage, detail into the storyline, unlike the movies

I tend to agree, but I think the Lord Of The Rings trilogy did a grand job. There are so many aspects that captured the feel and at times certainly looked how I imagined it when I read the books as a child. I know there was a shed full of stuff missed out, but when you adapt from a book, you just can't film everything and some things are not filmable. If you try to film everything people moan about it being too long. If you make it a reasonable length, people moan about the things that were left out.

A true adaptation of a book to screen would mean at least a whole film per page.

thebest2k8
02-22-2009, 07:37 PM
I tend to agree, but I think the Lord Of The Rings trilogy did a grand job. There are so many aspects that captured the feel and at times certainly looked how I imagined it when I read the books as a child. I know there was a shed full of stuff missed out, but when you adapt from a book, you just can't film everything and some things are not filmable. If you try to film everything people moan about it being too long. If you make it a reasonable length, people moan about the things that were left out.

A true adaptation of a book to screen would mean at least a whole film per page.

yeah i get what your saying, but i was always one of those people who wanted to know every detail of a movie, and everyone's background, i feel like that you can relate to characters more, and really get into the life of the movie

m0viem0nster
02-23-2009, 09:27 AM
yeah i get what your saying, but i was always one of those people who wanted to know every detail of a movie, and everyone's background, i feel like that you can relate to characters more, and really get into the life of the movie

I agree with what you say here. But that is where a good book has the advantage. At the same time, a good film can enhance what you may already know about the characters from the book and it kind of feels that you are seeing old friends in familiar situations. Even old friends can let you down at times, but if you like them well enough, you find it in yourself to forgive them and hope they learn their lessons, try harder next time and we must remember not to expect too much from them..............

........what a load of waffle ....... that's life though, full of waffle, it just depends what topping you choose to put on it so you can enjoy it more. If you don't like it, scrape it off and put something different on.........

oh my goodness, I think I have got some sort of allegory disease/bug ..... probably verbal diarrhea .......:eek:

thebest2k8
02-23-2009, 10:31 AM
I agree with what you say here. But that is where a good book has the advantage. At the same time, a good film can enhance what you may already know about the characters from the book and it kind of feels that you are seeing old friends in familiar situations. Even old friends can let you down at times, but if you like them well enough, you find it in yourself to forgive them and hope they learn their lessons, try harder next time and we must remember not to expect too much from them..............

........what a load of waffle ....... that's life though, full of waffle, it just depends what topping you choose to put on it so you can enjoy it more. If you don't like it, scrape it off and put something different on.........

oh my goodness, I think I have got some sort of allegory disease/bug ..... probably verbal diarrhea .......:eek:

lol
that's hilarious but yeah i agree with you as well, i just think there have been great films as well that have been ruined by bad endings because they don't wrap up everything in the film, and kinda leaves you there hanging not knowing what happen to half the characters in the movie

lol
i don't know if that made sense to anyone

waterlilybarb
02-23-2009, 10:39 AM
:) It made sense to me, and I agree - an unsatisfying or unresolved ending can completely ruin an otherwise good movie.

thebest2k8
02-23-2009, 11:32 AM
ohh for sure, and nothing ticks me off more than an unresolved ending, it ruins the whole movie and leaves you there hanging, and wondering, the only time it makes sense is if there is suppose to be a sequel (and thats a maybe)

bala
02-23-2009, 11:40 AM
some film do that so that audience can make up their own ending?

mcleod
02-23-2009, 01:09 PM
"Up", "Public Enemies", "2012", The Hobbit films, Another Batman film, "Imaginarium Of Doctor Parnassus", Transformers 2, "Avatar", "X-Men Origins Wolverine", Iron Man 2, Tin Tin films, Spiderman 4, "G.I. Joe" "The Wolfman":D

:confused: i had no idea half of those were even being made, i really want to see transformers 2, iron man 2, spiderman 4, bourne 4 as was previously posted and avatar if its the one based on the cartoon as there is another film with a clashing name i think

redsoxpatriot30
02-23-2009, 06:26 PM
:confused: i had no idea half of those were even being made, i really want to see transformers 2, iron man 2, spiderman 4, bourne 4 as was previously posted and avatar if its the one based on the cartoon as there is another film with a clashing name i think
As of now, Spider-Man 4 won't be in theaters until 2011...maybe they'll move it up, but it's unlikely. I wonder why it's taking 4 years to put one together. I hope it's worth it because the last one was okay. Until then, there are plenty of other action movies to keep me occupied.

thebest2k8
02-23-2009, 09:24 PM
As of now, Spider-Man 4 won't be in theaters until 2011...maybe they'll move it up, but it's unlikely. I wonder why it's taking 4 years to put one together. I hope it's worth it because the last one was okay. Until then, there are plenty of other action movies to keep me occupied.

i thought the last one was not as good at all, they dragged the story too much , could of ended a lot sooner sort of like the movie 21 good movie but they dragged it on too much

m0viem0nster
02-24-2009, 07:18 AM
lol
that's hilarious but yeah i agree with you as well, i just think there have been great films as well that have been ruined by bad endings because they don't wrap up everything in the film, and kinda leaves you there hanging not knowing what happen to half the characters in the movie

lol
i don't know if that made sense to anyone

I know what you mean about the endings. But I think when they make the film, they like to leave it in case they might like to make a sequel. They test audiences to see it it will create enough interest. If they finish the film off properly, this might deter people from seeing the sequel. Who would want to see The Bourne Supremecy if during the Bourne Identity he was killed?????

But I guess no one knows whether a particular film will be a success or will warrant a sequel and not just for sequels sake (if you say that quick enough it sounds like you're swearing).

One of the worst endings in films has got to be the original Italian Job.

thebest2k8
02-24-2009, 09:59 AM
I know what you mean about the endings. But I think when they make the film, they like to leave it in case they might like to make a sequel. They test audiences to see it it will create enough interest. If they finish the film off properly, this might deter people from seeing the sequel. Who would want to see The Bourne Supremecy if during the Bourne Identity he was killed?????

But I guess no one knows whether a particular film will be a success or will warrant a sequel and not just for sequels sake (if you say that quick enough it sounds like you're swearing).

One of the worst endings in films has got to be the original Italian Job.

yea i guess that makes sense leaving a window open, so that they can make a squeal if the demand arises :)