PDA

View Full Version : Site Suggestions

bala
01-22-2009, 05:32 AM
It would be nice to have the film duration on the site so we know how long the movies are. Films like The Da Vinci Code are 3 hours if you don't have 3 hours you find the time :( .

None of the movies have the duration on the film :mad:

I think this is a good suggestion-anyone support me on this :cool:

if you lot have any other suggestion you can post in this topic

bill1212
01-22-2009, 06:26 AM
Real Player always shows how long the movie is on the bottom of the screen.

bala
01-22-2009, 06:34 AM
yes but i know but i hate it when i find out movie that i think it's only 90 minutes turn out to be 2 hours.

wouldn't easy to have duration on the page so i know how long the movie is.

it would make it easy to decide which flims to watch in limited time. :)

asaasa
01-22-2009, 07:21 AM
hey guys..just a suggestion... it would be helpful also if there's a bar showing up on how long the movie is loaded up on the movieplayer..

I NEED MORE ACTION MOVIES!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

bala
01-22-2009, 07:23 AM
you usually can see that on real player mode :)

asaasa
01-22-2009, 07:29 AM
hello...hmmmmm more movies please..:D:D:D:D

action and adventure!! thanks!!

and also some new release movies..like transformers..:):)

asaasa
01-22-2009, 07:33 AM
hey bala, do you have a friendster account? or multiply?

can i ask for your email address? :):) thanks!!

thebest2k8
01-22-2009, 12:22 PM
very good suggestion bala that would be helpful along with a review of the movie by poeple who have watched it.

I still think we should have complete season Tv shows, not live only realse them after a complete season , there some shows i would love to go back and watch like friends or fresh prince, etc......:eek:

bala
01-22-2009, 11:16 PM
Here's another suggestion it would be nice drop-down menu with all the movies listed in alphebetical order. :)

zandjie
01-23-2009, 10:09 PM
i hope the moderator will make an id for members for this site

shinny
01-24-2009, 02:46 AM
i hope the moderator will make an id for members for this site

Hi there, can you elaborate on what you mean? Thanks.

serena75
01-24-2009, 02:52 AM
It would be nice to have the film duration on the site so we know how long the movies are. Films like The Da Vinci Code are 3 hours if you don't have 3 hours you find the time :( .

None of the movies have the duration on the film :mad:

I think this is a good suggestion-anyone support me on this :cool:

if you lot have any other suggestion you can post in this topic

I think it's a good idea :)

serena75
01-24-2009, 03:11 AM
I know that there is a Error Report Thread in the forum, but I think it would be a good idea to have an Error Report Button next to the movie.
It could work like this:

The Error Report Button could only be visible when you have opened the movie and if isn't working properly, the member could click the Error Report Button and a pop up window could appear, either with different options to choose from and/or the option of writing a comment. The admin would automatically get the Error Report sent to them.
The Error Reports could be visible by everyone, or just for the admin to see. But there should be some warning that a movie isn't working properly, and when the problem is solved.

What do you think? Is it doable?

thebest2k8
01-25-2009, 08:25 PM
I know that there is a Error Report Thread in the forum, but I think it would be a good idea to have an Error Report Button next to the movie.
It could work like this:

The Error Report Button could only be visible when you have opened the movie and if isn't working properly, the member could click the Error Report Button and a pop up window could appear, either with different options to choose from and/or the option of writing a comment. The admin would automatically get the Error Report sent to them.
The Error Reports could be visible by everyone, or just for the admin to see. But there should be some warning that a movie isn't working properly, and when the problem is solved.

What do you think? Is it doable?

great idea i wil forward that to ADMIN

Hypechic
01-26-2009, 06:30 AM
Would it be possible to have something like a playlist or favorites list where you can put in the titles of movies that you haven't seen yet but intend to?

I ask because for now, when I'm browsing the site, I have a pen and pad beside me and when I come across a movie that looks interesting, it goes on my 'to watch' list. Sometimes however, I don't have my pen & pad beside me, and I then forget to write down the title of the attractive movie so it would be nice if I could just note/bookmark the movie directly on the site. (I hope I'm making sense). :)

A2SHEDSJACKSON
01-26-2009, 09:35 AM
I agree w/Bala , Alphabetical order is needed . Also , all newly added movies ONLY should be on the front page . after, say 2 or 3 weeks, can be dropped down to the standard list (alphabetically of course).

Celticmaidn
01-26-2009, 04:25 PM
I think they should be order alphabetically along with year of release. newer realesed listed 1st.

crappolla
01-26-2009, 05:45 PM
Even with the site only being a month old, some movie pages comments are 4 pages long and most of the comments are useless. Something that would realy clean up the comments under each movie would be to implement a comment rating system. Have it so members can rate a comment. Its a sort of self moderation. If a comment is spam, isn't related to the movie or just plain sucks it could be grayed out and eventually hidden. A score of -4 could grey out a comment and a score of -8 could hide it (with an option to show it by clicking somewhere). Also a positive score could highlight the comment to be better seen and could be moved up the comment list or stickied. Hopefully this can be implemented so good comments/reviews can be kept and will help someone considering watching a movie or not without having to wade through allot of the crap some have already posted.

thebest2k8
01-28-2009, 09:12 PM
Even with the site only being a month old, some movie pages comments are 4 pages long and most of the comments are useless. Something that would realy clean up the comments under each movie would be to implement a comment rating system. Have it so members can rate a comment. Its a sort of self moderation. If a comment is spam, isn't related to the movie or just plain sucks it could be grayed out and eventually hidden. A score of -4 could grey out a comment and a score of -8 could hide it (with an option to show it by clicking somewhere). Also a positive score could highlight the comment to be better seen and could be moved up the comment list or stickied. Hopefully this can be implemented so good comments/reviews can be kept and will help someone considering watching a movie or not without having to wade through allot of the crap some have already posted.

yeah i don't think that would be fair everybody is entitled to their opinions, whether you may agree or disagree, but i don't think because someones comment "suck", you should hide it. just my opinion lol :cool:

crappolla
01-28-2009, 11:30 PM
yeah i don't think that would be fair everybody is entitled to their opinions, whether you may agree or disagree, but i don't think because someones comment "suck", you should hide it. just my opinion lol :cool:

Atm there aren't any options to edit or delete comments. I have seen duplicate comments multiple times. And when I say "suck" I dont mean the comments that go "I love this movie good to watch 10/10" I am referring to the comments that have No relevance to the move whatsoever. Like comments that say "I couldnt get it to work", "BAD!!!1!!!1!" or "this isnt the movie I wanted"

I am not into censorship, Im just trying to help people weed through the crap and help them get the info/advice they need. If you don't think the power should be put in the peoples hands you'd better nominate someone to moderate the comments for the whole site. There's lots of junk already, its only going to get worse. Think about it.

thebest2k8
01-29-2009, 10:01 AM
yeah thats not a bad idea, i actually checked last nite there is some junk on there, i thought you were regarding to peoples opinions, but yea they should get id of the junk on there as well

crappolla
01-29-2009, 11:29 AM
Sorry if I come of as a bit of a **** disturber, I can be sometimes. Only trying to help :)

thebest2k8
01-29-2009, 05:14 PM
no problem, it was a miss communication error on both ends

its all good:)

wiggy222
01-31-2009, 12:11 PM
I think it would be helpful if there were subcatagories or something to limit the number of movies to search through. Like under thrillers you might have psychological thrills, supernatural, crime, suspense, etc... Something to help you find the kind of movie you are in the mood for more easily.

bala
01-31-2009, 12:22 PM
I think it better sub catagories by year the flim was relased a better system

trulee
01-31-2009, 04:29 PM
I think it better sub catagories by year the flim was relased a better system

I think people are more likely to know the genre of a film than the year it was made/released.

lexi10
01-31-2009, 08:56 PM
i want to know both, the genre and the year it was made/released :)

waterlilybarb
02-06-2009, 01:57 PM
I agree that it would be helpful to have the length of the movie listed. Sometimes I'm looking for something that will kill a specific amount of time, and having that available would make choosing easier - especially now that we're using the MG to watch. :)

Alphabetical order would also be handy, though I imagine that will come in time anyway.

stardaz
02-06-2009, 03:12 PM
Why not offer a prize for the ones that bring in the most customers or a discount or what ever you want. People like contests so why not keep this in mind.

thebest2k8
02-06-2009, 11:17 PM
there will be games, and contests, and so on, admin is still working on that and you get 2mg for every member you refer

waterlilybarb
02-08-2009, 03:36 PM
Another suggestion that would prove helpful is providing the rating for the movie. I know every country has a different system, but even if the MPAA rating was posted it would give members an idea of whether to bother checking further if they want to watch it or not. I know I've been googling the movies or checking on IMDb to see the ratings of those I haven't heard of or can't remember the rating for. There are some movies with a higher rating that I will watch - for me it's dependent upon why a movie has a 14A or R rating than the actual rating, but a little foreknowledge might be helpful for parents of younger viewers.

I know we are all responsible for checking out what is accepable to us or our families, but I thought I'd suggest it anyway.

thebest2k8
02-08-2009, 08:19 PM
great suggestion

mako
02-11-2009, 12:29 PM
Not an error, more like a suggestion?
I watched Jersey Girl, and on the cast it lists the first few in order of appearance. The film's main actors are Ben Affleck, Jennifer Lopez, Liv Tyler, and there are others like Jason Biggs, Mat Damon, Jason Lee, and Will Smith appearing in the film as well so if some of these people are mentioned maybe it might attrack more viewers later if this film becomes a non free film later. I'm sorry if my comment is posted in an incorrect thread, wasn't really sure where to post it.

trulee
02-11-2009, 12:55 PM
I see what you mean. I suspect the site is just using the cast listings as shown on the original publicty/dvd.

perlegade
02-11-2009, 02:03 PM
The last comment from Bala is good, mention the time of the movie is once but other interesting point is the rate info because sometimes we also need to know if one kid can watch the movie or not (specially on Terror and action movies).

BR
:rolleyes:

thebest2k8
02-11-2009, 03:02 PM
yeah im sure once everything is fully up and running they will start adding these things to the site

gypsiegirl66
02-18-2009, 05:18 PM
I agree with having the time, rating (ie MPAA), and the maturity rating added.

I don't know if this is even possible, if we could do something like on Netfli* where, we can have a movie queue, and add what we plan to watch on that. Another good thing, if while we browse through the movies, be able to rate the ones we have already watched (1-5 stars), and then have an automated list of suggestions, based on our taste (prabably not possible).

Maybe, if we could at least put a 1-5 star rating down were the comments are made. So after we finish viewing a movie (or movies we have seen), we can just click our rating. It maybe an easier way for others to decide if they want to watch it or not.

I always reach for the stars! :p

thebest2k8
02-18-2009, 10:13 PM
I agree with having the time, rating (ie MPAA), and the maturity rating added.

I don't know if this is even possible, if we could do something like on Netfli* where, we can have a movie queue, and add what we plan to watch on that. Another good thing, if while we browse through the movies, be able to rate the ones we have already watched (1-5 stars), and then have an automated list of suggestions, based on our taste (prabably not possible).

Maybe, if we could at least put a 1-5 star rating down were the comments are made. So after we finish viewing a movie (or movies we have seen), we can just click our rating. It maybe an easier way for others to decide if they want to watch it or not.

I always reach for the stars! :p

thats a great suggestion

firefly013
02-24-2009, 02:19 AM
A suggestion

There is a wonderful collection of films here and they are being added to all the time. Two suggestions:

1. Give a link to the IMDB - or give the IMDB score - it is a useful guide.

2. Allow a way when logged in to mark films to be watched later - the list would display somewhere on "your profile" for example. Saves doing searches over and over!

bala
02-24-2009, 02:22 AM
i love suggestion 2 :)

Viktorcz
02-24-2009, 03:34 AM
hello, would it be possible to have a link of all films as text only?HTML text link then to a straight page of links in a small font. I really don t want to waste hours going through everything a to z with images. Vip tv has this well laid out.
Vik

shinny
02-24-2009, 03:53 AM
hello, would it be possible to have a link of all films as text only?HTML text link then to a straight page of links in a small font. I really don t want to waste hours going through everything a to z with images. Vip tv has this well laid out.
Vik

Hi there, thanks for the suggestion.

Please bear in mind that this site is just 2 months old. VIPtv is 2 years old. Our Administrators are developing movieonline every day and these suggestions will help them to do so.

kitty862003
02-24-2009, 10:21 AM
Hi is there any way of adding in the description if a film has sub titles or had been voiced over in a foreign language, Just i wasted 30 mins waiting for a film to load and it was unwatchable because of a voice over in Russian or something.

Also a 30 day unlimited viewing would be good too!
Thanks

thebest2k8
02-24-2009, 11:07 AM
Hi is there any way of adding in the description if a film has sub titles or had been voiced over in a foreign language, Just i wasted 30 mins waiting for a film to load and it was unwatchable because of a voice over in Russian or something.

Thanks

Actually the month of unlimited viewing is over it was in the month of January if you missed it there are still new movies you can watch free daily, in the free movie section

kitty862003
02-24-2009, 11:38 AM
Oh on vip.tv-video. its 30$ for 30 days unlimited viewing thats all i dont mind paying this is a great site :)

shinny
02-24-2009, 12:30 PM

Thanks

Hi there, if you purchase 449 MG from the "Buy MG" section you can then go and convert it to "Unlimited Viewing for 30 Days".

This is detailed here => How to buy Movie Gold (MG) and Pricing (http://www.movieforum.cc/showthread.php?t=160)

kitty862003
02-24-2009, 01:09 PM
ahh thanks i see
Just one more thing "Pay 29.99 US dollars to get 299 MG + 150 MG" does that mean i will get 449 points? and is this on offer permanently?
sorry for being so stupid lol but blondes do have more fun :O)

m0viem0nster
02-24-2009, 01:09 PM
Could members get an award of MGs for giving the best film reviews, say in a month?
Perhaps 10MG for the best and 5MG to the runner-up?
What about an award of 2MG for guessing a movie quote?

shinny
02-24-2009, 01:17 PM
ahh thanks i see
Just one more thing "Pay 29.99 US dollars to get 299 MG + 150 MG" does that mean i will get 449 points? and is this on offer permanently?
sorry for being so stupid lol but blondes do have more fun :O)

Yes, it's a bonus. I'm not 100% sure if it's a promotional price or not, but it's the pricing plan for now. Hope that helps.

m0viem0nster
03-01-2009, 10:32 AM
How about competitions, which earn reputation and/or MG credits?

A few ideas for competitions;

Guess the movie from a quote from the film, anagram or coded post/thread
Find the movie connection between two or more actors
First member to name the top 10 films of the admin team
Best anagram from members using movie title or actors
Best film review of the month
Place photo's of members dressed as their favourite Stars, award for funniest judged by admin team

bala
03-01-2009, 11:14 AM
unfountly at the present moment they don't have a system in place for moderator award MG only etworm or another admin can give MG which i think is wrong. on friendsvista mods and admin give you points which can be used to watch tv shows.:)

waterlilybarb
03-01-2009, 12:26 PM
unfountly at the present moment they don't have a system in place for moderator award MG only etworm or another admin can give MG which i think is wrong. on friendsvista mods and admin give you points which can be used to watch tv shows.:)

I wouldn't say it's wrong. Mods couldn't award points on Friendvista at first, and there weren't any mods that admin didn't know personallly for quite a long time. This site has just entered it's 3rd month, so I think admin is doing an admirable job in implementing as much as they have so quickly. It shows a lot of thought went into the forum as well as the movie site.

trulee
03-01-2009, 01:07 PM

Remember Bala, although friendvista and this site have some affiliation, they are not the same so you shouldnt expect what one site does that the other should follow. As Barb said its only just 3 months old and I'm sure there are lots of innovations in the pipeline that may be similar to friendvista but also different.

bala
03-02-2009, 10:14 AM
I guess you guys are right i'm not patient :(

trulee
03-02-2009, 12:50 PM
I guess you guys are right i'm not patient :(

Well we are women Bala, lesson learnt I hope :D

bala
03-02-2009, 12:53 PM
i don't think it makes a diffrence whether male or female it just i'm used to a certain standard i need to remember that this site is only 3 months but it's done one hell of job uploading movies it's just shame not every movie is bug-free now that would be something. this site taking over my life HELP...........................

thebest2k8
03-10-2009, 12:25 AM
^^ yeah but i think that would be asking for too much, that every movie is glitch free, after a site has only been up for 3 months

bala
03-10-2009, 01:04 AM
one can dream can't i?

m0viem0nster
03-10-2009, 01:43 AM
Ideas for a competitions.

Each month the Admin/Moderators:

think up either a movie star or title of a film. The members then have to guess who or what it is using only questions that can be answered Yes or No. If anyone gets it in the first week, they receive 10MG, 2nd week 5MG, 3rd week 2MG & 1MG in the final week.

think of a movie link (could be stars or film), then post the starting link. First person to get the complete link, gets all movies free for a day.