PDA

View Full Version : MWG Sense & Sensibility, The Jane Austen Book Club discussion.

Celticmaidn
04-18-2009, 06:28 PM
Movie Watchers Guild Sense & Sensibility and The Jane Austen Book Club discussion. Please watch both these movies and discuss them here. You do not need to be Guild member to participate. Once you have seriously discussed both movies I will increase your reputation. Nice bonus!!!
If you wish to join to Guild check out social groups and participation is required.

waterlilybarb
04-18-2009, 07:43 PM
I've seen them both, but will rewatch before commenting to refresh my memory. I know I enjoyed both movies, and found the Jane Austen Book Club interesting (and made me wish I had time to start one so I could re-read all the books).

Celticmaidn
04-24-2009, 08:04 AM
I need to watch the jane austen book club but have had to many distractions. Hopefully I willwatch it this weekend some time.

I am going ahead and posting the next topics. everyone please join in :)

waterlilybarb
04-24-2009, 07:19 PM
I have been SO busy I haven't had a chance to rewatch either movie, and most likely won't get a chance to until after I move, but I will watch them later and post in this thread. They are both good films, and when I have time, I'll enjoy watching them both.

Celticmaidn
04-26-2009, 10:50 PM
I just watched Jane Austen's book club and wow what a great movie. I really loved the ending. It was a happy one so of course I loved it. I am so glad certain lines were not crossed.

I love sense and sensability I have seen this movie numerous times but can never forget the 1st time. I got so lost in the movie and was so enthralled by emma's character. that when she found out hugh grant was still single I was balling right with her and long after the movie was over. I was living with a room mate at the time and she thought I was nuts.

shinny
05-03-2009, 05:32 PM
I'm just done watching this film and I have found a new favourite !! Thanks Tina for suggesting. I really loved it. I agree about the happy ending, that's always nice. I will definitely watch this one again and again. Great acting, great story, what more can you ask for?
Haha Tina, I know which line you were talking about and I agree considering how things turned out, but what was on the far side of that line was cute!! ;)

I'm going to watch sense and sensibility again tomorrow and will comment then. I've seen it before, but many years ago now!!

shinny
05-04-2009, 02:59 PM
Just got a chance to watch this today. I'd forgotten that I'm not overly mad about this film. I can't quite put my finger on why (because I am a huge period drama fan) but I can't say I like this as much as say Emma or Pride and Prejudice.

I still enjoyed it, but not as much as some of her other works.

I love Alan Rickman in this film though. He's such a wonderful actor.

galiciadba
05-10-2009, 11:15 PM
I have yet to watch Sense & Sensibility. But I've watched The Jane Austen Book Club, Pride and Prejudice and Becoming Jane. I've also read the book!!

I really like Jane Austen's work!