PDA

View Full Version : The Twilight Phenomenon

shinny
04-09-2009, 11:52 AM
It's one of the most popular movies on this site and it's box office sales are the biggest ever for a Female Director, taking in $70.6 million in it's first week.

So what do you think appeals to people about this movie?

Personally I did not expect to like it as much as I did and I can't wait until new moon is released.

“Twilight” starring Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart, tells the story of 17-year-old Bella Swan who moves to the small town of Forks, Washington to live with her father, and becomes drawn to Edward Cullen, a pale, mysterious classmate who seems determined to push her away. But neither can deny the attraction that pulls them together…even when Edward confides that he and his family are vampires.

What are your thoughts?...............

Celticmaidn
04-09-2009, 01:26 PM
honestly, the movies are well made as far as being true to the sequence of story, however I did not relate with the 2 lead actors at all. I just don't believe them and the guy they picked as Edward is not at all appealing to me. Maybe because he is suppose to be 17 and I am much older but I don't think that is it. I hope New Moon is better and I am looking forward to it. :)

gypsiegirl66
04-09-2009, 04:09 PM
It's funny how people's tastes vary. I really enjoyed Twilight, I found Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart totally believable, and thought they were perfect for this movie. I can't wait for New Moon, I hope I enjoy that, as much as I did the first.

Sorry to hear, you didn't enjoy it Tina.

Celticmaidn
04-09-2009, 06:17 PM
It might be because I read the books 1st and I had created different characters in my mind! :)

trulee
04-10-2009, 05:29 AM
It's one of the most popular movies on this site and it's box office sales are the biggest ever for a Female Director, taking in $70.6 million in it's first week.

So what do you think appeals to people about this movie?

Personally I did not expect to like it as much as I did and I can't wait until new moon is released.

“Twilight” starring Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart, tells the story of 17-year-old Bella Swan who moves to the small town of Forks, Washington to live with her father, and becomes drawn to Edward Cullen, a pale, mysterious classmate who seems determined to push her away. But neither can deny the attraction that pulls them together…even when Edward confides that he and his family are vampires.

What are your thoughts?...............

I have never watched the film nor read the books. I have a friend at work who is completely obsessed with the books and the film so much so she has been reading the last book online!

shinny
04-10-2009, 12:42 PM
Yeh, that's exactly it. It's got some pretty hardcore fans!!

redsoxpatriot30
04-12-2009, 05:59 PM
My little sister got it today and I wasn't doing anything else so I watched it with her...so-so...I'm not really the target for this movie but if you want something from a guy's perspective there you go... It seemed awkward at some parts but is better than most stuff out there...

shinny
04-13-2009, 04:10 AM
My little sister got it today and I wasn't doing anything else so I watched it with her...so-so...I'm not really the target for this movie but if you want something from a guy's perspective there you go... It seemed awkward at some parts but is better than most stuff out there...

Thanks for the comments Red. What did your little sis think of it?

redsoxpatriot30
04-13-2009, 08:50 AM
She enjoyed it...of course. She's not very picky and she cannot wait for the second one. However, she agrees with me that there were some random and awkward parts of the movie. Overall, she liked it though.