PDA

View Full Version : Player Pop-Up Window - but is BLANK?? Pls help.

mlbags
04-05-2009, 03:00 AM
I am using Vista.

Previously, I had no problems when playing a movie. But since re-installing RealPlayer (I've done clean uninstalls and reinstalls), I've been having the following problems. Please help.

When I click on 'Play Now"
I get the player pop-up window, but it is totally blank. Like a blank webpage.

I am however able to play movie files from my pc on RealPlayer, but not directly from MovieForum's "Play Now".

Thanks very much in advance for whatever help you can offer.

mlbags
04-05-2009, 03:34 AM
Forgot to add that Pop-Ups are enabled and this problem happens on every movie I tried to 'Play Now'.

Thanks, waiting patiently for help to get this resolved.

-------------------------

I am using Vista.

Previously, I had no problems when playing a movie. But since re-installing RealPlayer (I've done clean uninstalls and reinstalls), I've been having the following problems. Please help.

When I click on 'Play Now"
I get the player pop-up window, but it is totally blank. Like a blank webpage.

I am however able to play movie files from my pc on RealPlayer, but not directly from MovieForum's "Play Now".

Thanks very much in advance for whatever help you can offer.

AJM2
04-05-2009, 05:44 AM
I am getting this problem too :( any help would be gratefully recieved :)

waterlilybarb
04-05-2009, 06:35 AM
Please see this thread (http://www.movieforum.cc/showthread.php?t=233), particularly the part for Vista users:

VISTA USERS- If you are having difficulty, with Real Player 11 & 10.5. Do a "clean uninstall" and try downloading Real Player Alternative (http://finalbuilds.edskes.net/realalt.htm)

I hope this proves helpful, and please come back to let us know if this solution works for you.

mlbags
04-05-2009, 06:45 AM
Please see this thread (http://www.movieforum.cc/showthread.php?t=233), particularly the part for Vista users:

I hope this proves helpful, and please come back to let us know if this solution works for you.

Yes, I have seen the above and that's where I learnt how to do a 'clean uninstall'. Did not download the RealPlayer Alternative as it was previsouly working fine.

Anyway, I followed your suggeston. Did a clean uninstall of Real Player and downloaded the Real Alternative.
Still no luck, it still behaves exactly the same ie., - 'Play Now' will give me a blank pop-up window.

I need help, please.

waterlilybarb
04-05-2009, 01:02 PM
I figured you had seen that thread, since you mentioned the clean uninstall. Which movies have you tried? I just tried Stargate Continuum to check, and the box was white for over a minute, but did load eventually.

Does anything show in the line where the url should be? If so, try copying the link in the pop up window, and pasting it into the Real Player Theater Mode (click on File, and then Open and OK).

mlbags
04-05-2009, 06:04 PM
I figured you had seen that thread, since you mentioned the clean uninstall. Which movies have you tried? I just tried Stargate Continuum to check, and the box was white for over a minute, but did load eventually.

Does anything show in the line where the url should be? If so, try copying the link in the pop up window, and pasting it into the Real Player Theater Mode (click on File, and then Open and OK).

OK great, it works this way. Tho not ideal as it should be, as it is an extra step, but I am happy enough.

Thanks once again, waterlilybarb.

waterlilybarb
04-05-2009, 07:34 PM
Glad I could help & that we found something that works for you. :) I know it's not ideal, but it's better than nothing.

gypsiegirl66
04-06-2009, 02:35 AM
OK great, it works this way. Tho not ideal as it should be, as it is an extra step, but I am happy enough.

Thanks once again, waterlilybarb.
Have you tried clearing your cache & your cookies? To do this (Firefox) Go toTools> Clear Private Data> and click Clear Private Data Now.

If you do not want to clear all you cookies (just movieonline.cc), so you can keep your login info for other web pages. You can just remove cookies, for the movieonline.cc.....

1. Make sure when you Clear Private Date, the cookies box is unchecked, then clear data.

2. Then, go to Tools> Options> click Privacy Tab> click Show Cookies> scroll down and highlight movieonline.cc> then click on Remove Cookie> Click Close> then OK.

Do not click "Remove All Cookies", if you want to keep login info, for other web sites

Invalid cookies can cause these type of issues. This happened to me once, and this fixed that problem.

Another option is, to use your Real Player as you web browser, just open.....

Real Player> click File> Open> and type (or copy/paste) movieonline.cc into address bar, it will open movieonline just the same as Firefox or other web browsers. Then play movies, search site...etc. from RP.

I hope this makes viewing movies, much easier for you..:)

mlbags
04-06-2009, 08:38 AM
Hi Gypsiegirl, I'm using Explorer.
I tried using Real Player as web browser and it seems to work fine. Thanks very much.

One other problem I am now facing is that many of the movies I play have the pop-up message - 'Unknown error occured, please replay it!'. Luckily these are the free movies. Is this a common problem? Anyone else experiencing this?

waterlilybarb
04-06-2009, 12:59 PM
I get that error mesage all the time, but find it doesn't affect my viewing since I use my own Real Player. The rare times it does get in the way, I close the initial pop-up RP box.

Someone else mentioned that error message did affect their viewing, but if you open to Theater Mode, it shouldn't cause a problem. If it causes your RP to shrink, just put it back to Theater Mode and it should hide the error message.

gypsiegirl66
04-06-2009, 04:21 PM
Hi Gypsiegirl, I'm using Explorer.
I tried using Real Player as web browser and it seems to work fine. Thanks very much.

One other problem I am now facing is that many of the movies I play have the pop-up message - 'Unknown error occured, please replay it!'. Luckily these are the free movies. Is this a common problem? Anyone else experiencing this?

Yes, this is a common glitch in the system. You can X out of that box or just move the error box, and right click screen and play in Real Player Mode or Theater Mode, without issue.

Glad I could help! :D

gypsiegirl66
04-06-2009, 04:23 PM
I get that error mesage all the time, but find it doesn't affect my viewing since I use my own Real Player. The rare times it does get in the way, I close the initial pop-up RP box.

Someone else mentioned that error message did affect their viewing, but if you open to Theater Mode, it shouldn't cause a problem. If it causes your RP to shrink, just put it back to Theater Mode and it should hide the error message.

Hey Girlie, I didn't see your reply. :confused:

mlbags
04-06-2009, 09:48 PM
Yes, this is a common glitch in the system. You can X out of that box or just move the error box, and right click screen and play in Real Player Mode or Theater Mode, without issue.

Glad I could help! :D

I will give this a try. However, i did 'x' out the box but the pop-up kept popping up with an alarm sound - altho' this wasn't in the Theater mode.

So, I'll next play an 'erro' movie in Theater mode and see if it helps. I'll report back. Thanks.

gypsiegirl66
04-06-2009, 10:55 PM
I will give this a try. However, i did 'x' out the box but the pop-up kept popping up with an alarm sound - altho' this wasn't in the Theater mode.

So, I'll next play an 'erro' movie in Theater mode and see if it helps. I'll report back. Thanks.
That happens to me sometimes, but you can just move the error box. If you don't know how....
Just left click and hold down, on the blue header bar, and move the box out of the way.

BTW, I noticed you are using IE, have you tried to use Mozilla Firefox? It is recommended for optimal viewing, of the movies on this site.

Go to- Free Firefox 3 Download (http://www.mozilla.com/products/download.html?product=firefox-3.0.8&os=win&lang=en-US)

Vioxander
11-08-2010, 09:15 PM
Another option is, to use your Real Player as you web browser, just open.....

Real Player> click File> Open> and type (or copy/paste) movieonline.cc into address bar, it will open movieonline just the same as Firefox or other web browsers. Then play movies, search site...etc. from RP.

I hope this makes viewing movies, much easier for you.[/B].[/COLOR]:)[/QUOTE]

We've been paying members for over 3 years, and never had any issues.. and all of a sudden this morning, we have the same "blank box" issue...

I just opened RealPlayer.. used it to browse to this site, logged in.. and tried to watch a movie.. and I get the same blank box that I get as a lone pop-up viewer from my Mozilla. :( What now?

Vioxander
11-08-2010, 09:39 PM
As I stated above, we've been happy with this site forever. But for some reason today, we've been unable to view anything , and have lost tons of MG's over this. (I'm sure you guys will fix that, right? :) ( Yes.. I pm'ed Etworm)

I wanted to go over your guidelines:

Check to see if problem is with a specific file/website-
http://service.real.com/test/ in your Web browser.

YUP - Worked just fine ----

Check Real Player's online status setting-
Check the the box Assume I am online Click OK. Restart Real Player.

YUP - Was already checked, unchecked, restarted then checked and restarted Real Player.

Test your connection speed-
YUP - did all that too..

Increase the time-out settings, and try playing the clip again-
YUP - again.. tried that..

Configure your personal firewall
YUP- checked the firewall and ports and all that.

NOW WHAT?

waterlilybarb
11-08-2010, 11:01 PM
Seeing as this site is not quite 2 years old, I doubt you've been members for over 3 years. However, I have no idea why you're having issues. I have asked members and mods who use different operating systems to see if any have had problems, and none have. I don't know what else to suggest. I just tried a movie to see if there was a problem & it opened, starting loading, and I right-clicked on it & selected play in realplayer, and it's working fine.

The only thing I can think of is your ISP. I know that a couple years ago on VIPTV there were a few ISPs (I'm not sure which specific ones) that caused viewing problems - I think they were blocking the site, and members had to contact them personally so they could gain access to the site. This may be your next option, if you've already attempted all the other troubleshooting suggestions.

smith43215
11-14-2010, 05:09 PM
Been trying to look for the right forum, but this seems to be one in the direction I need help. I was also reading over several of the previous entries, but I am having another problem. I log in, click on the movie, click play now and the movie starts in the pop up window. Now this all works just fine. I then click on the R in the lower corner. Real player pops up and just shows "connecting". Nothing ever pops up. I uninstalled and reinstalled the player, same thing. Any ideas?

waterlilybarb
11-14-2010, 06:04 PM
Been trying to look for the right forum, but this seems to be one in the direction I need help. I was also reading over several of the previous entries, but I am having another problem. I log in, click on the movie, click play now and the movie starts in the pop up window. Now this all works just fine. I then click on the R in the lower corner. Real player pops up and just shows "connecting". Nothing ever pops up. I uninstalled and reinstalled the player, same thing. Any ideas?

So you mean the movie isn't loading in your RealPlayer, correct? I'm confused, because you say nothing pops up, but initially you say RP pops up & shows "connecting".

smith43215
11-15-2010, 02:59 AM
So you mean the movie isn't loading in your RealPlayer, correct? I'm confused, because you say nothing pops up, but initially you say RP pops up & shows "connecting".

Yeah, sorry about that. Yes, when I click on "play now" a window comes up and the movie begins to play. Then I click on the R and click play in real player mode and my real player comes up. But the "connecting" screen never changes. I don't think it is a movie site problem, but I can't make it go to full screen in the original pop up and when I tried running it like that when I joined it would always lock up. I tried following the directions for help here in the forum for realplayer, but nothing seems to work. I have uninstalled, fully deleting realplayer from my computer and reinstall, but still nothing
Just tried again, movie still plays in the first pop up, but I click on RP now and it comes up then goes white with the url link in the upper part of the screen and an address bar showing. Its really odd.

shinny
11-15-2010, 04:49 AM
A couple of questions

1) Are you using Firefox and if so, what version?
2) If not, what are you using and what version?
3) What version of Realplayer are you using?

I could never play movies through Realplayer V 11. I never figured out why but then Realplayer brought out SP and I upgraded to that (it's also free) and it worked fine.

smith43215
11-15-2010, 03:42 PM
I am running windows 7 and the realplayer I am not sure about. I just googled real player and clicked on that link. I can't see what version it is.
-- I just tried again, uninstalled, and then googled real player SP and downloaded from site. Still same problem.

waterlilybarb
11-15-2010, 03:59 PM
Go to your start menu & click on Real. It will show a list, including which version of RP you are running.

Spookytime
11-15-2010, 05:46 PM
To all that aren't sure what version of Real Player your using, the best and easiest way is to click on "HELP" at the top right side of Real Player click about Real Player to see what version you have and there it will show you such as mine shows this http://oi53.tinypic.com/ml5gyc.jpg I hope this is helpful, if you need and if you should need further assistance you can always post or feel free to write me for 1 on 1 help but we also have a great Site Management that can offer you great help.

smith43215
11-16-2010, 03:14 AM
OK, I did that and this is what it says
RealPlayer (tm)(win32) Version 14.0.1.609 Helix Powered Distribution R61EUD

shinny
11-16-2010, 03:58 AM
OK, I did that and this is what it says
RealPlayer (tm)(win32) Version 14.0.1.609 Helix Powered Distribution R61EUD

Smith, it seems to be missing some data. Right after Realplayer and before (tm) what does it say?

smith43215
11-16-2010, 03:31 PM
There is nothing between RP and (tm), I just put a space there.
RealPlayer(tm)(win32)

waterlilybarb
11-16-2010, 03:36 PM
I suggest doing a clean uninstall & installing RP version SP.

smith43215
11-16-2010, 04:07 PM
ok, i am really unsure of what is going wrong here. i have totally uninstalled real player. even after doing the uninstall i went in and deleted all the real files that the uninstall didn't catch. i restarted my computer and then googled realplayer sp. i found a site, because everytime i go to real.com it gives me version 14, and i clicked on download sp. it started to download, looking real familiar to the 14 and then sure enough when i started it up it was version 14. it might be this version that has the problems, but i cannot find another version download. even if i find one it downloads 14. i have never had this much trouble. just to make sure is there a way when you click on play now that you can make the pop up full screen without clicking on the R and going to theatre mode. if so i think i might just cut my losses.

waterlilybarb
11-16-2010, 05:00 PM
The pop up from the site can be made full screen by clicking the maximize in the upper right corner (if that's what you meant).

shinny
11-17-2010, 03:28 AM
I'm not sure why Realplayer is doing that but it seems to me that for whatever reason it's not removing the old realplayer or the link is bringing you to realplayer v14. Follow this link (it's a google one) and click on Realplayer SP shortcut Realplayer SP (http://www.google.ie/#sclient=psy&hl=en&site=&source=hp&q=realplayer+sp&aq=1&aqi=g5g-s1g4&aql=&oq=realplayer&gs_rfai=&psj=1&fp=27da1557ba213437)

I just want you to try something else.

When you go to the first screen "Play Now" you will see a URL at the top in the grey area. Copy that.

Go to Realplayer and click on File=>New=>New Web Browser. Paste the URL in here and present the arrow (go)....what happens? Doe sit work? If it does you should be able to click on the R and play in theatre mode and if it does work, there is something wrong with your connections settings, but let's figure out if that works first. Tks

Spookytime
11-17-2010, 09:46 PM
Okay I think if your still having problems with Real Player, we mods want to help you as that's just one of the many things we do.

If your having ReaPlayer Problems. please let us know as much information you can provide us with so we'll know what area of RealPlayer your having problems with, let us know what you runing like Vista or Windows XP or Windows 7, also tell us what version of RealPLayer you installed and by now you should all know the very best way is a clean install, meaning you uninstall the version giving you problems and then get the latest RealPlayer for you.

I'll give you some links that should help you : http://www.real.com/realplayer/search

http://www.real.com/realplayer

http://www.google.com/search?q=plugin+realplayer+for+firefox&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#hl=en&expIds=25657,27342&sugexp=ldymls&xhr=t&q=realplayer&cp=11&qe=cmVhbHBsYXllcg&qesig=ka8qCCcyfX1H33OnS3sEtA&pkc=AFgZ2tnSlM4AErVbc8gYUxffI9EJ7ytb_hsMdbctYAimX0 HIyj-0yLJJzNCh3nmfCLOBEpjc5DlEoiPJg8V-rS3teDZ3Fl88qQ&pf=p&sclient=psy&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aofficial&aq=0&aqi=g4g-o1&aql=&oq=realplayer+&gs_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=53894057c0dc71cc
http://www.real.com/realplayer/features

http://real.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6906/tabName/tab0/support_type/2/p/3

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/browse/type:7

Please let us know what worked so we can help others, that's what it's all about helping other members, Thanks

smith43215
11-18-2010, 03:58 AM
First let me say I truley appriciate all the help. Now I have been doing some cleaning I think I have fully wiped realplayer from my computer. List of tasks:
Ran uninstall
Searched out 3 folders that uninstall did not grab
searched C drive and deleted all files associated with real player in prefetch folder (i read on it, it was ok to do)
deleted realplayer from regedit (checked on that too, it was ok)

restarted and then did a search - absolutly nothing associated with realplayer (that I could find anywhere)

Spookytime, I checked the sites you listed and thats where I have been getting real player from. All version 14. I have found that any link associated with real.com will give you that version. I even went to download.com and tried getting SP, but that again gave me the same version.

I have been thinking and it seems there is a connection problem when I click on theatre mode. If realplayer wasn't working then it shouldn't play in the popup that comes up when I click "play now", right? So from the movieonline.cc pop up that plays to when I click on the theatre mode and the "connecting" icon just sits there is the problem.

shinny
11-18-2010, 04:04 AM
Smith, can you try what I suggested in post 32?

smith43215
11-19-2010, 03:23 AM
Alrighty!!!!!!!!

Finally found SP. Every link I clicked on associated with real.com gave me the version 14. I had also gone to several other sites that said SP, but redirected back to real.com. Filehippo actually has real player SP. Downloaded realplayerspgold and now when the pop up comes up and I click to theatre mode it brings up theatre mode and PLAYS!! Not sure if it was the conncetions, a random file hanging out, or what, but that was frustrating. Thank you all so much for continuing to help and give ideas.

shinny
11-19-2010, 03:38 AM
Good to hear. Like I said I had the same problem with the older version of Realplayer but SP works a treat for me too!!

waterlilybarb
11-19-2010, 12:47 PM
I'm delighted to hear it smith! :) One suggestion: make sure you don't have your RP set to do automatic updates. I've had problems in the past when I've forgotten to check my update settings.

GoalinCrazyUK
11-21-2010, 05:50 AM
Alrighty!!!!!!!!

Finally found SP. Every link I clicked on associated with real.com gave me the version 14. I had also gone to several other sites that said SP, but redirected back to real.com. Filehippo actually has real player SP. Downloaded realplayerspgold and now when the pop up comes up and I click to theatre mode it brings up theatre mode and PLAYS!! Not sure if it was the conncetions, a random file hanging out, or what, but that was frustrating. Thank you all so much for continuing to help and give ideas.

I have had the exact same problems as you Smith, last night re-installed following clean uninstalls and Real Player V14 quite simply doesn't work with moviesonline.cc in theatre mode, I tried at least a dozen that all played in the pop up window immediately and just hung on connecting when switched to theatre mode RP.

I upgraded my PC to W7 Ultimate and installed the newest Real Player, this is why I had the hitch.

Lets hope this SP version works for me too?

Cheers,

Adrian.

GoalinCrazyUK
11-21-2010, 06:07 AM
Cheers all, I think I have finally found a RP SP version that doesn't redirect to RP V14 at Filehippo.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_realplayer/

waterlilybarb
11-21-2010, 12:20 PM
Cheers all, I think I have finally found a RP SP version that doesn't redirect to RP V14 at Filehippo.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_realplayer/

I'm delighted to hear you are able to play the movies. :) RP14 is their newest update, which is most likely the reason it's causing issues. Make sure your RP isn't set on automatic update, and enjoy watching the movies.

ptimmer1
12-05-2010, 04:52 PM
I had to turn protected mode to off. Am still using Norton firewall, but, trun explore firewall off.Movie started just fine.Did have too exit site for mode to switch off.And then just re enter same as always..Good luck....

waterlilybarb
12-05-2010, 07:33 PM
I had to turn protected mode to off. Am still using Norton firewall, but, trun explore firewall off.Movie started just fine.Did have too exit site for mode to switch off.And then just re enter same as always..Good luck....

Thanks for posting that tip. :) I'm sure it will be helpful to others.