PDA

View Full Version : MWG Caught in a Trap and Idiocracy discussion

Celticmaidn
03-11-2009, 08:35 PM
Ok we voted and decided we needed to watch some lighter materials so I chose Idiocracy and everyone else chose Caught in a Trap. Both Comedies.
But are they discussion worthy. Let the games begin.
MWG stand for Movie Watchers Guild, you do not need to be a member to participate.

thebest2k8
03-11-2009, 08:47 PM
idiocarcy was by far the stupidest movie i have ever seen, didn't find it funny, was actually pretty annoying, and not futuristic what so ever, very disappointing :(

Celticmaidn
03-11-2009, 09:03 PM
Lol I enjoyed it for what it was. Making fun of people of lower intellagence and the super smart. Did you catch some of the people's names Mountain Dew. but it has elecrolytes its what plants crave and I love how grossed out they are by Water. the stuff in the toilet. too funny.

waterlilybarb
03-12-2009, 10:25 AM
Haven't seen Idiocracy yet, but I liked Caught in a Trap. It was a good story - but the best part was the main character. Quirky - yet based on a real case. I found that kind of sad, but fascinating at the same time. I wouldn't call it a traditional comedy, but there were comical moments. It's just over an hour long, so it's a good one to watch when you don't have a lot of time.

thebest2k8
03-12-2009, 11:15 AM
Lol I enjoyed it for what it was. Making fun of people of lower intellagence and the super smart. Did you catch some of the people's names Mountain Dew. but it has elecrolytes its what plants crave and I love how grossed out they are by Water. the stuff in the toilet. too funny.

yeah i guess, but i think this was a little over the top lol:D

Celticmaidn
03-13-2009, 04:59 AM
Ok Watched caught in a trap last night. Gemma was crazy. The tingh I found interesting is that she finally snapped out of her fantasy when it was all over. This film is more about learning to love yourself IMO.

waterlilybarb
03-13-2009, 09:02 AM
I think you're right. She was so stuck in that fantasy world that she couldn't see the good things she had in her life...like her Dad, her boss and the fella whose Mum lived next door.

Celticmaidn
03-13-2009, 04:26 PM
Is anyone else gonna join in? Come join the fun!

waterlilybarb
03-13-2009, 05:52 PM
Well, it's still just me, but I'll check out Idiocracy this weekend (if I don't get another migraine). :)