PDA

View Full Version : not happy with movie choices

bala
03-07-2009, 07:05 AM
simple put half the film that been update this past few week i never heard of-i would assume most of the well known movies would get added instead film that are tv movie or straight-to dvd movies.:mad:

trulee
03-07-2009, 08:55 AM
simple put half the film that been update this past few week i never heard of-i would assume most of the well known movies would get added instead film that are tv movie or straight-to dvd movies.:mad:

Have a heart Bala, you know you cant please all of the people all of the time. I'm not sure that it says anywhere that the movies uploaded will always be well known. I would imagine its a question of supply, availability.

Uploading more diverse movies gives you the opportunity to watch something you might have otherwise overlooked.

bala
03-07-2009, 09:26 AM
yeah but i tried few of them was left disappointed -if they were good i wouldn't be complaining.

gypsiegirl66
03-07-2009, 11:15 AM
To add to Trulle's point.......

We all have different tastes, in movies, books tv shows...etc. What you find disappointing, others may find interesting. I have found, at least one movie (usually 3 or more), that I've liked in every update so far. I think that's, pretty good odds personally. I have also watched a few, that I would have never watched, because I thought I wouldn't like, and ended up enjoying them.

Here's a tip, before you watch a movie, you are not sure you'll like. Go and find the trailer/preview online. That may help keep you, from watching something, you may otherwise find disappointing. :)

bala
03-07-2009, 11:34 AM
i do that some don't have trailer on youtube

i agree there at least 1 film i really like in every update but 80 % of new movies i have never heard of and if I'm lucky to find a trailer so be it.

your right everyone has different taste and maybe i should give it a chance.

i kind wish popular/classic movies would get added.

I been feel like 2 weeks or so but i thought give few more days i notice every update more and more unheard movies get added i'm wonder why?.

i'm very happy with this site :D

state my feelings :(

gypsiegirl66
03-07-2009, 12:19 PM
bala, I wasn't trying to insult you, I hope you didn't take it that way.

Youtube doesn't always have trailers, but if you do a google search, example: "Magnum Force 1975 trailer/preview", you can usually find at least one site that has the trailer. If not, you can at least find, a detailed summery.

I agree, I'm excited for the site to add more main stream & classic movies. The site is still in it's infancy, and it will take time for them to find, more sources they can rely on regularly.

I think they are adding, the movies that are available to them, main stream or not.

Sorry you're having a hard time, finding movies you enjoy. I think ti may be difficult, for them to keep up with the amount of movies you watch bala. :D

bala
03-07-2009, 12:24 PM
no i know what you mean by everyone has diffrent taste :)

i'm not having a hard time it's just some movies i want to see but they are not on here.

i understand about the movies that are available to them :)

guess i just have to accept it :(

which is fine since this is excellent site quality is best for movies.

waterlilybarb
03-07-2009, 12:36 PM
There are movies I want to see that we don't have yet too. In the meantime, I have found others I enjoy - some I've heard of, others not.

I must admit, I don't watch anywhere near as many movies as you do, so I don't go through the ones I want to watch as quickly. Maybe if you slowed down your watching pace you would find more that you enjoy. I'm also pretty choosy. If a movie doesn't look like something I would enjoy, I don't bother with it. If, later, someone I know tells me it was good, I'm more apt to watch it. I hate wasting my time on things I consider crap.

BTW, some of the made for TV movies are really good. I've seen some , but others are from British TV, and I haven't seen most of those. I like that they are adding them. I hope they add some HBO movies too. Some of them are amazingly good - but I don't have HBO.

gypsiegirl66
03-07-2009, 04:53 PM
i'm not having a hard time it's just some movies i want to see but they are not on here.

I totally understand, but you also have to remember, this site is only a few months old. It's going to take time, to bring 70+ years of movie's here. Even, if it were only the last 20yrs, that's 1000's upon 1000's. Last year alone, there were 573 movies released (not including tv movies). http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd145/gypsiegirl66/sSc_eek.gif

I agree with Barb, some of my favorite movies, have been made for tv. I hope they add lot's more!

bala
03-08-2009, 12:05 AM
well today update were good i can't believe proper copy DEBS that flim almost difficult to get on internet upload full flim i can't believe it. Zoom is another flim fun to watch. must love dogs might be interesting so look my Sunday is fully booked. vantage point is another great flim

thebest2k8
03-09-2009, 11:18 PM
^^ glad to hear your happy with film choices, but i think they add them randomly, in no specific order