PDA

View Full Version : Is this site taking over?

bala
03-02-2009, 11:58 AM
just wondering maybe I'm just only but every day movies get added there are at least 1 movie i'm very interested in and on the rare occasion there are sometimes 3 or more movies i like but i do love it when they do an update and there's no movies i want to see on that day. that's just great but more often than not there is only one movie i want to see.

Question: Do you feel this site taking over all the free time you have during the week because for me it does but if it was just movies i wouldn't mind but those of you who know how many tv shows i watch will know i really need STOP otherwise my life is flying by.

m0viem0nster
03-02-2009, 12:02 PM
There is an OFF button on both your TV & PC.

No one is forcing anybody to take part in forums or watching films/TV. Go and walk the dog, take up a sport and then come back and tell us about it, but on a different forum, cos this is all about films.

I wonder if there is a film about this?????:D

shinny
03-02-2009, 12:02 PM
just wondering maybe I'm just only but every day movies get added there are at least 1 movie i'm very interested in and on the rare occasion there are sometimes 3 or more movies i like but i do love it when they do an update and there's no movies i want to see on that day. that's just great but more often than not there is only one movie i want to see.

Question: Do you feel this site taking over all the free time you have during the week because for me it does but if it was just movies i wouldn't mind but those of you who know how many tv shows i watch will know i really need STOP otherwise my life is flying by.

Lol Bala. Do I think it's taking over my life? No because I just manage my time. If you are worried about the amount of time you are spending here and on VIPtv then why not draw up a timetable and only commit what you can to both sites? The hardest part will be sticking to it, but I think it will be helpful to you to try this. It's all about Time Management.

steph290504
03-02-2009, 12:09 PM
i find somedays all i seem to do is watch the shows and films and then i wont bother for ages. Eventually the films will be on tv or at the video shop and the shows will be repeated. Its not the end of the world if you miss some. If you are thinking you are watching too much then maybe you need to find a new hobby, something active a few times a week and have a healthy balance. :D

Hypechic
03-03-2009, 12:59 AM

Bala, you crack me up. Like Shinny said, it's all about time management. You have to find a new hobby or something..that's if you REALLY REALLY want to.

As for me, my free time is spent either watching movies, tv shows or reading books. Unfortunately, not much of my time is free at the moment with school, work and other activities so free time stuff has taken a back seat for now.

redsoxpatriot30
03-03-2009, 02:45 AM
My problem is this site isn’t taking up MORE of my time…I wish I could just stop moving, watch 2 or 3 movies, chat in the forums and move on…unfortunately, that won’t happen until at least June…after my finals…and even in the summer I have to read a book and write about it. Don’t worry bala, eventually, you may grow sick of the site. Although you have been on VIP for almost 2 years now so…maybe not. Listen to shinny…draw a timetable or only commit to a certain movie for the day…instead of 6. I think this site is more addicting than VIP because each movie has different characters and plots whereas TV shows have the same basic premise and characters in each episode. The only way to completely eliminate this addiction is to throw your computer out the window lol…

gypsiegirl66
03-03-2009, 07:56 AM

I'm not feeling well today, but I had to comment on this thread.....

Maybe you need a 12 step program......
The first step, is to admit you are powerless......:D.

thebest2k8
03-03-2009, 11:00 AM

lol it does take up some of my time but i still find time to go to work and hit the gym, the less important stuff in life, because watching movies is what its about, i kinda like it like that , because when i put on a movie it lets me get away from the real world for a bit:)

waterlilybarb
03-03-2009, 01:02 PM
I'm not feeling well today, but I had to comment on this thread.....

Maybe you need a 12 step program......
The first step, is to admit you are powerless......:D.

ROFLOL! :D Good one!

kaznowski
03-03-2009, 01:13 PM
Hy Bala

I can't imaginge your delema though I might like to ...So far I haven't been able to watch anything on this site.
I only joined a few days ago but my attemps to get the first item I wanted failed entirely...my login window just kept repeating....
I did open a movie today & got to enjoy the first 15 minutes when my system crashed....I got it up again & got back to the site only to play the login repetition game again....
I can log into the forum but not the movies.
I think your delema is a more favourable one than mine....You can turn it off if you need to do something else....I would love that option.
Kaz

shinny
03-03-2009, 01:25 PM
Kaz, are you getting an specific error message when you try to login? Once I am logged in from forum and I click on the Movie Online tab above (blue bar at top of page) I am logged into that site also. No need to re login.

Also, when you say your system crashed, what exactly crashed? Realplayer, Firefox?

Let us know some more details so we can try to help you.

gypsiegirl66
03-03-2009, 01:46 PM
Hy Bala

I can't imaginge your delema though I might like to ...So far I haven't been able to watch anything on this site.
I only joined a few days ago but my attemps to get the first item I wanted failed entirely...my login window just kept repeating....
I did open a movie today & got to enjoy the first 15 minutes when my system crashed....I got it up again & got back to the site only to play the login repetition game again....
I can log into the forum but not the movies.
I think your delema is a more favourable one than mine....You can turn it off if you need to do something else....I would love that option.
Kaz

Hopefully shinny's solutions works!

If it doesn't, this sounds like one of three problems, that I know of.

1. Clear your cache (make sure that cookies are deleted). Then try to open movieonline.cc. I've had this problem, with another website, and it was as easy as that.

What browser are you using? and Do you own a Mac? Are two important questions for the this solution.
2. Try using Firefox, on you pc, and if you are using firfox on Mac, try Safari (vice verca)

3. This could very well be your virus protection. Try turning off your anti-virus program, and try to login and see if you get past the login page. If this helps, configure your anti-virus to allow real.exe This is common with Mcafee, and other anti-virus programs.

Sorry for your troubles.
Hope you're able to enjoy movies soon. :)

If this doesn't help, let me know via PM.