PDA

View Full Version : Cloverfield

steph290504
02-28-2009, 02:03 PM
I know its ages since the film was released but ive only just seen it, and i wondering what people thought of it? I was told not to bother watching it as it was rubbish...but i loved it. It had echoes of the blair witch project but i still found it an original monster movie that was unpredicable. Im just interested to know your thoughts.:)

m0viem0nster
03-01-2009, 02:05 AM
I enjoyed this too. I'm confused sometimes by exactly what the majority of film goers want from films. I thought the ending was quite original. The whole feel of confusion and not really understanding what was going on was for the most part quite realistic.

The movie isn't so much about the Monster (if that is what you want, then go see Godzilla, Jurassic Park King Kong etc), but more about the human aspect of a major disaster. Of how peoples lives are affected, their reactions in general and their response to complete panic & terror.

It was interesting to see how some had their whits about them, whilst others are just plain scared out of them. :eek: It kind of makes you wonder "what would I do?"

While most would like to be the hero and save the day, be in the middle and understand everything going on about them, I fear the majority would pretty much behave quite erratically and run aimlessly around like a headless chickens AND would most likely run headlong into trouble rather than away from it. I also think there will be those who would want to film & take photos of all the destruction & mayhem.

I believe the authorities and law enforcement would not be in a position to keep the general public in the complete picture. They might not fully understand themselves the gravity of situations like those depicted in the film.

All in all, I thought this was a good monster film, but with the focus on ordinary people with ordinary lives.......but that is just my opinion. :D

thebest2k8
03-01-2009, 10:02 AM
i thought it was pretty good, a lot of twists and turns, and the cam view wasn't that bad, it kinda felt like you were there, but very good, good story line, the fact that they have to get off a an island(Manhattan), i enjoyed it.:)

steph290504
03-02-2009, 12:52 AM
Yeah i agree. I would like to think that i would be the hero and help everyone but in reality i think i would probably just grab my kids and run like hell lol. I actually asked my husband if he would come and get me if we were ever in a situation like that and he said it depends...thanks i love you too lol. I did read somewhere that they are possibly thinking of doing a sequel but they have to be true to the original film before they do it, they were saying that obviously other people on the island would have been filming it so they could do another film with differant characters. I dont really like that idea as it would be too similar to the original but maybe they could do it from one of the soldiers points of view, from their helmet cam.

m0viem0nster
03-02-2009, 12:55 AM
Yeah i agree. I would like to think that i would be the hero and help everyone but in reality i think i would probably just grab my kids and run like hell lol. I actually asked my husband if he would come and get me if we were ever in a situation like that and he said it depends...thanks i love you too lol. I did read somewhere that they are possibly thinking of doing a sequel but they have to be true to the original film before they do it, they were saying that obviously other people on the island would have been filming it so they could do another film with differant characters. I dont really like that idea as it would be too similar to the original but maybe they could do it from one of the soldiers points of view, from their helmet cam.

What about one from the Monster's point of view????

steph290504
03-02-2009, 01:01 AM
lol now that would be interesting...maybe we would see the human race in a differant light

m0viem0nster
03-02-2009, 01:20 AM
lol now that would be interesting...maybe we would see the human race in a differant light

Yeah, just think of all the films that could be remade. it could start a trend. King Kong, Alien, Jaws, Mr Stay-Puffed, but I guess Andy Serkis would be a very busy man.:rolleyes:

steph290504
03-02-2009, 06:59 AM
dont forget jaws :D

m0viem0nster
03-02-2009, 10:34 AM
dont forget jaws :D

I don't forget, and please don't call me Jaws....... :)

steph290504
03-02-2009, 12:11 PM
lol sorry Mr Jaws then or is it sir? :D

m0viem0nster
03-03-2009, 12:18 AM
lol sorry Mr Jaws then or is it sir? :D

Just m0viem0nster, and I am NOT naked either, so does that count?
Oh and Sweetums and Animal of muppet fame, the had clothes too.:)

m0viem0nster
03-06-2009, 10:13 AM
This has gone off the thread a little, what did the rest of you think of Cloverfield?:confused:

steph290504
03-07-2009, 09:03 AM
lol...the fun of online conversations ay. They can end up like chinese whispers sometimes.