PDA

View Full Version : Living Legends?

gypsiegirl66
02-25-2009, 10:22 PM
What actor's/actress's would you give the title "Living Legend"?

Hmmm...there are so many, I'll start with two of each.

Actress's
Lauren Bacall
Julie Andrews

Actors
Tony Curtis
Clint Eastward

kahmeleone
02-25-2009, 11:57 PM
Robin Williams
Sir Anthony Hopkins
Ruth Gordon
Robert Redford
Jack Lemmon
Diane Lane
John Cusack
Jack Black
Jason Robards
Sidney Poitier
Jim Carrey
Cuba Gooding Jr
Denzel Washington
Tim Goodman
Susan Surandon
Sean Connery
David Carridine
Samuel Jackson
Patrick Stuart
Morgan Freeman
Candice Bergan
Brent Spiner
Tom Hanks

Crap, I'll be doin this all night.

There are sooooooo many
I will edit as it pops up. This is an endless list for a geek like me!

gypsiegirl66
02-26-2009, 12:57 AM
Robin Williams
Sir Anthony Hopkins
Ruth Gordon
Robert Redford
Jack Lemmon
Diane Lane
John Cusack
Jack Black
Jason Robards
Sidney Pointie (sp?)
Jim Carrey
Cuba Gooding Jr
Denzel Washington
Tim Goodman
Susan Surandon
Sean Connery
David Carridine
Samuel Jackson
Patrick Stuart
Morgan Freeman
Candice Bergan
Brent Spiner
Tom Hanks

Crap, I'll be doin this all night.

There are sooooooo many
I will edit as it pops up. This is an endless list for a geek like me!

Great choices!! That's why I started with two, from each. My head was filled, with names.

I'll add...

Al Pacino
Robert De Niro

for now.....;)

Celticmaidn
02-26-2009, 05:56 AM
There are so many that we know will never go off into obscurity,
Angelina Jolie is one
Brad Pitt
Will Smith
Sophia Lauren
Patrick Swayze
Tom Cruise
Demi Moore
I could go on too. lol

m0viem0nster
02-27-2009, 12:58 AM
Clint Eastwood - without a shadow of a doubt
Robert Duval - can't think of a poor performance
Kevin Costner - there are a few roles that he will long be remembered for (John Dunbar for one?).
Kate Winslet - she is always up for awards and rightly so + looks good.
Diane Lane - always gives a great performance & looks so good too;)

waterlilybarb
02-27-2009, 09:20 AM
I'd include:
Joanne Woodward
Cicely Tyson
and I'd say Cate Blanchette was well on her way to becoming one.

Ruth Gordon
Jack Lemmon
Jason Robards
Tim Goodman

Not to be too picky, but living legends wouldn't include dead people. The first 3 are deceased, and I have never heard of Tim Goodman. I googled him, but came up empty. Do you mean John Goodman...or someone completely different? :confused: Sorry, I'm just curious.

m0viem0nster
02-27-2009, 09:28 AM
Kevin Costner - there are a few roles that he will long be remembered for (John Dunbar for one?).

.... also Robert Downey Jr & Johnny Depp + Harrison Ford:)

waterlilybarb
02-27-2009, 09:33 AM
I can't believe I forgot:
Meryl Streep
Dustin Hoffman
Gene Hackman
Elizabeth Taylor

gypsiegirl66
03-01-2009, 03:52 AM

I can't believe I forgot:
Meryl Streep
Dustin Hoffman
Gene Hackman
Elizabeth Taylor

Yes, on all of the above. and....
James Caan
Tommy Lee Jones
Susan Sarandon
Lauren Hutton
Harvey Keitel
Ed Harris

Oh a few more...
Kevin Spacey
Diane Keaton
Chazz Palminteri

waterlilybarb
03-01-2009, 11:56 AM
I keep thinking of others too, especially when I see them in something. Today's addition:

James Earl Jones

gypsiegirl66
03-01-2009, 09:34 PM
I keep thinking of others too, especially when I see them in something.

James Earl Jones

Me too....

Michael Douglas
Anne Archer
Glen Close
From the infamous Fatal Attraction!

Oh, and
Sharon Stone
Alec Baldwin

gypsiegirl66
03-01-2009, 09:40 PM
And...

Dennis Quaid

I'd say Kiefer Sutherland....is following in his father Donald Sutherlands footsteps!

m0viem0nster
03-02-2009, 04:18 AM
Charlize Theron
Raquel Welch

waterlilybarb
03-02-2009, 11:05 AM
Today's addition:

Patty Duke
Steven Spielberg - not an actor, but definitely a legend in the film industry

m0viem0nster
03-04-2009, 10:58 AM
Robert Downey Jr
Johnny Depp

m0viem0nster
03-18-2009, 01:02 PM
Christopher Walken & Christopher Lee

gypsiegirl66
03-18-2009, 05:11 PM
Hey Barb, what about......

William Shatner
&
Leonard Nimoy

waterlilybarb
03-18-2009, 06:54 PM
Definitely - I would say they are TV legends more than movie legends, even though there have been so many Star Trek movies. But they both changed the face of science fiction for more than one generation.

m0viem0nster
03-29-2009, 12:44 AM
Hey Barb, what about......

William Shatner
&
Leonard Nimoy

The REAL legend of Star Trek was Captain Slog, but you never actually saw him or knew who it was that played him even though he is mentioned in every single episode & series.
Also did anybody know that Spock had 3 ears? The left ear, the right ear and the final frontier.

vortash
03-29-2009, 01:23 AM
Sorry thought the title of your post was living Legends a fair few of those posted are actally DEAD !!
Great Actors and Actresses never the less but Dead !! for Instance Sean Connery Yep Dead !! Jack Lemon ah hum Dead !! Sophia Lauren Lauren Bacall yep you got it Dead !! and her old man Bogey so as this was the case I thought I would Just enter one name who showed imense bravery even after all the stardom was cruely snatched away from him , and he still went on to help others and direct even from a wheel chair A true legend and a fine actor Mr Christopher Reeve ... a true Superman . ......Vortash

" Confusious Say " it is better to let people think that you are a fool than to be foolish enough to open ones mouth and remove all doubt ?."

m0viem0nster
03-29-2009, 01:27 AM
Sorry thought the title of your post was living Legends a fair few of those posted are actally DEAD !!
Great Actors and Actresses never the less but Dead !! for Instance Sean Connery Yep Dead !! Jack Lemon ah hum Dead !! Sophia Lauren Lauren Bacall yep you got it Dead !! and her old man Bogey so as this was the case I thought I would Just enter one name who showed imense bravery even after all the stardom was cruely snatched away from him , and he still went on to help others and direct even from a wheel chair A true legend and a fine actor Mr Christopher Reeve ... a true Superman . ......Vortash

.... ummm, when was it exactly that Sean Connery & Sophia Loren died?

vortash
03-29-2009, 01:40 AM
Sean Connery died in september 2006 at his home in Scotland after a long illness with cancer at the age of 78.
Sophia Loren died earlier this year at the age of 73..

And I do wish you would hurry and get your pyjamas back of that elephant ?

m0viem0nster
03-29-2009, 01:49 AM
Sean Connery died in september 2006 at his home in Scotland after a long illness with cancer at the age of 78.
Sophia Loren died earlier this year at the age of 73..

And I do wish you would hurry and get your pyjamas back of that elephant ?

I think you are mistaken on both counts, they are both alive and well. please check this site http://www.deadoraliveinfo.com/dead.nsf/pages-nf/main

As for the pyjamas, they are stretched boyond all imagination and I don't think they will look the same again.

vortash
03-29-2009, 02:05 AM
I am sorry I have just checked Wikpedia and although in the cutaway they state 1930 -2006 then state further down that he made a short film in 2008 ..just Show to go you lol .. he has been suffering from Cancer though that I do know for sure as he was filmed coming out of Guys Hospital London after treatment back in 2006 .. And as for Sophia I was also fairly sure that it had been reported here that she died in Palermo Italy . The most I see about her on the net is that she did a nude callender shoot at age of 71 well she would be 74 now so that was at least 3 years ago and can't find anything much since ? maybe you have had more luck lol .

You could always use the Pyjamas for a tent or a car port if they are that stretched ?....... Vortash

m0viem0nster
03-29-2009, 02:20 AM
I am sorry to dissagree but I think we are both Half right ..? check wikpedia and you will see Sean died in 2006 it was a big thing here in the uk .. Bond dies ? etc etc , and I was pretty sure that it was reported earlier this year that Sophia had died that I could be wrong about hope I am for her sake lol
I actually remember Sean going as it was the same year we lost Edward Woodward ... Callan or The Equalizer whichever you remember .. lol

You could always use the Pyjamas for a tent or a car port if they are that stretched ?....... Vortash

Don't trust wikpedia. Anybody can put anything they want. Check the sites: http://www.deadoraliveinfo.com/dead.nsf/pages-nf/main, http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/switzerland/5006887/Sean-Connery-wins-Riviera-property-court-ruling.html.
How can he pursue court case in Switzerland if he is dead?? Clever???
Are you living in the 25th century????

vortash
03-29-2009, 02:28 AM
It seems that in 2006 Seann Connery was diagnosed with throat cancer , this was reported in the Japaneese papers that he had died and also in the South African Tabloids also . So now I can see where my missinformed information may have come from , ah well nobodys perfect .. well except my wife so she tells me ? anyhow as far as the original string is concerened I am pretty sure Lauren Bacall and Bogart are dead and I think Jack Lemon is also lol ..

How about stringing them across the base of a diss-used electricity pylon and they would make a great Scout Hut ? ...... Vortash from the 25th century ( I wish lol )

waterlilybarb
03-29-2009, 11:44 AM
It seems that in 2006 Seann Connery was diagnosed with throat cancer , this was reported in the Japanese papers that he had died and also in the South African Tabloids also . So now I can see where my missinformed information may have come from , ah well nobodys perfect .. well except my wife so she tells me ? anyhow as far as the original string is concerened I am pretty sure Lauren Bacall and Bogart are dead and I think Jack Lemon is also lol ..

Lauren Bacall is still alive. If you read my post #6, you will notice I mentioned the ones that have been listed but are deceased and thus not really what I'd call living legends. :D

Thought of today:

Maggie Smith
Judy Dench
Helen Mirren

Great Dames all. :)

trulee
03-29-2009, 05:40 PM
It seems that in 2006 Seann Connery was diagnosed with throat cancer , this was reported in the Japaneese papers that he had died and also in the South African Tabloids also . So now I can see where my missinformed information may have come from , ah well nobodys perfect .. well except my wife so she tells me ? anyhow as far as the original string is concerened I am pretty sure Lauren Bacall and Bogart are dead and I think Jack Lemon is also lol ..

How about stringing them across the base of a diss-used electricity pylon and they would make a great Scout Hut ? ...... Vortash from the 25th century ( I wish lol )

Well I can report that I watched an advert on British TV tonight featuring Mr Connery extolling the virtues of his beloved Scotland so I can indeed confirm that he is living - as to him being a legend......

gypsiegirl66
03-31-2009, 08:12 AM
he has been suffering from Cancer though that I do know for sure as he was filmed coming out of Guys Hospital London after treatment back in 2006 ..

Check out this link.....
Sean Connery in Good Health, Despite Cancer Fears (http://www.thecancerblog.com/2007/04/18/sean-connery-in-good-health-despite-cancer-fears/)
It states that, he has had masses in his throat, over the past 20yrs. Which were polyps, and are not malignant. :D