PDA

View Full Version : Whats your favorite TV Show?

thebest2k8
02-21-2009, 11:09 AM
Hey i was just wondering what everybody's favorite Tv shows are??

thebest2k8
02-21-2009, 11:10 AM
well my favorite tv shoes right now are, Lost an Fringe, but i really like lost, amazing story line, a thriller, and very indepth

waterlilybarb
02-21-2009, 11:50 AM
I wouldn't say I have ONE favourite, because I like a few, and they are different genres.
I love LOST - ahh the endless questions
Heroes - everyday people discovering they have super powers - COOL!
Battlestar Galactica - another one with lots of unanswered questions
Numb3rs - I find math so fascinating; it's a language I would love to speak more proficiently
and I never tire of
Gilmore Girls repeats - the dialogue is absolutely top-notch.

I'm sure there are others, but that's all I can think of for now. :D

m0viem0nster
02-21-2009, 12:17 PM
Best TV shows

Match Of The Day
Super Sunday on Sky Sports
Lost
Sarah Connor Chronicles
Fringe
Heroes
C.S.I.
Q.I.

trulee
02-21-2009, 01:17 PM
My favourite TV programme list is very similar to m0viem0nsters :-

Match of The Day
QI
CSI Vegas
Heroes
Top Gear

To name but a few. I also like most of the soaps shown on UK TV.

gypsiegirl66
02-21-2009, 01:54 PM
I enjoy some of the shows mentioned.....

Heroes
Lost
L & O SUV
ER

Still in the 1st season of....
Sarah Conner
True Blood
Blood Ties
Damages
Torchwood

Oh and I watched the first episode of Life on Mars, it looks quite promising.

thebest2k8
02-21-2009, 10:23 PM
Numbers is also very interesting

wooky44
02-22-2009, 01:14 AM
dexter
doctor who
torchwood
ghost hunters
destination truth

m0viem0nster
02-22-2009, 01:57 AM
I enjoy some of the shows mentioned.....

Heroes
Lost
L & O SUV
ER

Still in the 1st season of....
Sarah Conner
True Blood
Blood Ties
Damages
Torchwood

Oh and I watched the first episode of Life on Mars, it looks quite promising.

Life On Mars is excellent, after you see the rest of the series, try and catch Ashes To Ashes. It is basically the same idea but set in the 80s instead of the 70s. It is with Keeley Hawes (gr8 :)) as the main character, but the cops are the same as Life On Mars (Gene Hunt is fantastic and v funny). This time the car is an Audi Quatro, but a lot of good music from the decade.

Oh you must catch up with Sarah Connor Chronicles second series, it is even better. You can catch it here http://viptv.net/movie/bcd2c8887878ceb232cc531c5865dd57.html you can also find series 2 here plus episodes of other fantastic shows like Lost, 24,........... well take a look & see.

redsoxpatriot30
02-22-2009, 03:45 AM
Bones
Psych
Monk
Pushing Daisies and...
Friday Night Lights

Great shows!

gypsiegirl66
02-22-2009, 04:07 AM
Life On Mars is excellent, after you see the rest of the series, try and catch Ashes To Ashes. It is basically the same idea but set in the 80s instead of the 70s. It is with Keeley Hawes (gr8 :)) as the main character, but the cops are the same as Life On Mars (Gene Hunt is fantastic and v funny). This time the car is an Audi Quatro, but a lot of good music from the decade.

Oh you must catch up with Sarah Connor Chronicles second series, it is even better. You can catch it here http://viptv.net/movie/bcd2c8887878ceb232cc531c5865dd57.html you can also find series 2 here plus episodes of other fantastic shows like Lost, 24,........... well take a look & see.
Yeah, I think I've been there before.......LOL :p You're right it's an excellent site.

Thank you, for the recommendation, it was very thoughtful of you!! :)

ps: Is Ashes to Ashes, a US show? I've never heard of it,

Celticmaidn
02-22-2009, 05:17 AM
I wanna know more about ashes to ashes too.
I love
All Stargate series
Doctor Who
Heroes
Lost
Criminal Minds
Big Love
Life on Mars
Medium
Wife swap
The Amazing race
How I met your Mother
The Big Bang Theory
Smallville
Entourage
True Blood
I am sure I like others and many no longer running series but this list is long enough.

m0viem0nster
02-22-2009, 06:34 AM
Yeah, I think I've been there before.......LOL :p You're right it's an excellent site.

Thank you, for the recommendation, it was very thoughtful of you!! :)

ps: Is Ashes to Ashes, a US show? I've never heard of it,

Ashes to Ashes from the same people that made Life On Mars & like a sequel but with a different person in the main role of the person in a coma and in the 80s instead of set in the 70s.

When you say you've been there before, that was a pun, yeah? I got it I think.....time travel........or Mars....? or the site? :confused: confusing ain't it?

m0viem0nster
02-22-2009, 06:37 AM
I love
All Stargate series
Doctor Who
Heroes
Lost
Criminal Minds
Big Love
Life on Mars
Medium
Wife swap
The Amazing race
How I met your Mother
The Big Bang Theory
Smallville
Entourage
True Blood
I am sure I like others and many no longer running series but this list is long enough.

Some good TV there in your list, see the reply I made before about Ashes To Ashes.

I'd be interested to know what you both think. (There has been talk of a 2nd season to Ashes To Ashes).

Celticmaidn
02-22-2009, 07:58 AM
Thanks, I will be sure to try to find it.
I am a TV Addict and Love Viptv.net as well.

gypsiegirl66
02-22-2009, 05:54 PM
Ashes to Ashes from the same people that made Life On Mars & like a sequel but with a different person in the main role of the person in a coma and in the 80s instead of set in the 70s.

When you say you've been there before, that was a pun, yeah? I got it I think.....time travel........or Mars....? or the site? :confused: confusing ain't it?

Yeah, kind of exactly like Mars........:cool:

thebest2k8
02-22-2009, 07:33 PM
I love
All Stargate series
Doctor Who
Heroes
Lost
Criminal Minds
Big Love
Life on Mars
Medium
Wife swap
The Amazing race
How I met your Mother
The Big Bang Theory
Smallville
Entourage
True Blood

i forgot to add entourage, which is also pretty amazing, but where do get the time to keep up with that many shows??:)

Hypechic
02-23-2009, 04:12 AM
Stargate Atlantis
Stargate SG1
Bones
Smallville
Heroes
Kyle XY
Terminator:The Sarah Connor Chronicles
The Legend of the Seeker
Mutant X (until it got cancelled)
Alias

Celticmaidn
02-23-2009, 05:23 AM
LOL, I get up 2 hours earlier than everyone in my house to have coffee and watch my shows and of course in the afternoon I squeeze in a bit and then in the evening I watch 1 or 2 hours when it airs. It is about time management. lol And of course there is always veg out days. :)

thebest2k8
02-23-2009, 10:32 AM
^^ lol sounds like you have it down to a formula :)

lono1126
02-23-2009, 01:07 PM
1. 24
2. Dexter
3. Arrested Developmet (cancelled)
4. Lost

mcleod
02-23-2009, 01:24 PM
24 im getting into and almost caught up with now
heroes is getting a little boring and slow but that could be because im used to watching loads of episodes at once instead of waiting a week for them
lost is just simply amazing
and naruto shippuuden if thats how you spell it, i am almost caught up with that and loving every minute

trulee
02-23-2009, 01:54 PM
24 im getting into and almost caught up with now
heroes is getting a little boring and slow but that could be because im used to watching loads of episodes at once instead of waiting a week for them
lost is just simply amazing
and naruto shippuuden if thats how you spell it, i am almost caught up with that and loving every minute

How could I forget Naruto Shippuden & Bleach, I guess because I watch them online I dont think of them as TV shows in the same way I do terrestial or satellite/cable programmes. Heroes I watch when I'm in the mood and as for Lost - I couldnt tell you the last episode I watched.:D

stardaz
02-23-2009, 02:07 PM
There are some many good TV Shows on and I would have to say that my favorite show now has got to be
1. OZ
If I get to pick a second show I would pick
2. Big Love.
And last but never least my next show would be
3. House
I have never seen or met a Doctor like that.:D

thebest2k8
02-23-2009, 09:30 PM
How could I forget Naruto Shippuden & Bleach, I guess because I watch them online I dont think of them as TV shows in the same way I do terrestial or satellite/cable programmes. Heroes I watch when I'm in the mood and as for Lost - I couldnt tell you the last episode I watched.:D

i'am very hooked on lost its an amazing show, with a lot of twists :D

Celticmaidn
02-24-2009, 04:13 AM
There are some many good TV Shows on and I would have to say that my favorite show now has got to be
1. OZ
If I get to pick a second show I would pick
2. Big Love.
And last but never least my next show would be
3. House
I have never seen or met a Doctor like that.:D

Yaay, another Big Love Fan :) ;)

m0viem0nster
02-24-2009, 06:55 AM
Firefly was a good show. In fact it was better than the network thought too because they cancelled it. Kudos to the fans though, because of them the really excellent Serenity was made.

lexi10
02-25-2009, 12:46 AM
24 and prisonbreak.. theyre great!

m0viem0nster
02-25-2009, 05:20 AM
Journeyman & Daybreak

dohmame
02-25-2009, 06:46 AM
The office(UK)
Life on Mars
Dads Army
Steptoe and son
Porridge

m0viem0nster
02-26-2009, 12:11 AM
Everybody Loves Raymond, Friends re-runs

gypsiegirl66
02-26-2009, 01:00 AM
Everybody Loves Raymond, Friends re-runs

Oh yeah!!!! :cool:

thebest2k8
02-26-2009, 08:08 PM
friends was an awesome show, still watch the reruns, and they still make laugh

matt64345
02-27-2009, 07:08 AM
Lost
Family Guy
Doctor Who
Torchwood
Cribs
Gavin and Stacey
Match Of The Day
Deal or No Deal

These programs couldn't possibly vary any more in genre :p

Thinking of getting in to :
-Prison Break
-NUMB3RS
-Heroes

merron12
03-03-2009, 12:47 AM
I'm finding a lot of hit TV shows to be quite stale at the moment, and im so disappointed with whats happened to heroes since season 2.

It's just my take on it but for me its like the writers aren't sure where to take the storyline and decide "why dont we threaten to blow up NY again" or "do the mutant registration thing from xmen we alluded to in the Future Hiro episodes". meh

Anyways back to topic may favourite TV show has got to be Twin Peaks. I was just watching it last week and its still brilliant to this day.

m0viem0nster
03-03-2009, 01:34 AM
I'm finding a lot of hit TV shows to be quite stale at the moment, and im so disappointed with whats happened to heroes since season 2.

It's just my take on it but for me its like the writers aren't sure where to take the storyline and decide "why dont we threaten to blow up NY again" or "do the mutant registration thing from xmen we alluded to in the Future Hiro episodes". meh

Anyways back to topic may favourite TV show has got to be Twin Peaks. I was just watching it last week and its still brilliant to this day.

Most TV series suffer with a lull every now and again. But then they will hit you with an explosive episode that reminds you why you stuck with it (if you did). If you gave up and missed the brilliant episodes it may be hard to pick up again.

This sort of thing has happened countless times with Lost, but I am glad I stuck with it and all those not-quite-so-good episodes have been explained a little in subsequent series/episodes.:)

merron12
03-03-2009, 05:01 AM
Most TV series suffer with a lull every now and again. But then they will hit you with an explosive episode that reminds you why you stuck with it (if you did). If you gave up and missed the brilliant episodes it may be hard to pick up again.

This sort of thing has happened countless times with Lost, but I am glad I stuck with it and all those not-quite-so-good episodes have been explained a little in subsequent series/episodes.:)

Yeah I know what you mean but that's one of the things i can't stand about most TV shows. They don't need to be explosive but the fact a lot seem to rely on the odd cracking episode amidst a sea of filler doesn't do it for me, it strikes me as being lazy and they had the nerve to strike last year and mess up heroes season 2!! (j/king if your not getting paid right then you should take up such action to be fair).

I did like Life on Mars though, i personally thought that was a good example that there were still shows out there that can be driven by decent scripting, acting and story without the need for cheesy predictable and/or nonsensical twists left-right and centre, although i missed a few episodes near the end so maybe it went Lost on me, i dunno.

steph290504
03-03-2009, 05:59 AM
Oh my i have so many

Lost
Bones
Prison Break
Fringe
Stargate Atlantis
Supernatural
Desperate Housewives
Dr Who
Top Gear
Buffy & Angel
Charmed
One Tree Hill

thebest2k8
03-03-2009, 11:06 AM
^^ i totally forgot about Top Gear, that's an amazing show, love Jeremy Clarkson his hilarious

waterlilybarb
03-03-2009, 01:05 PM
I loved both Stargate franchises, and am hoping the next one will live up to expectations.

Shows no longer on, but I still enjoy include:
Gilmore Girls
Frasier
Felicity
Northern Exposure
Men in Trees
Friends

m0viem0nster
03-04-2009, 05:30 AM
Starsky & Hutch (particularly series 1-3)

wooky44
03-05-2009, 08:01 PM
true blood
supernatural
the closer
hells kitchen
csi
csi miami
csi new york
bones

and the list goes on

thebest2k8
03-05-2009, 09:26 PM
i would say CSI Miami is the ebst of the CSI's

m0viem0nster
03-06-2009, 01:08 AM
Only Fool and Horses

aidamaxim
03-06-2009, 06:01 AM
The first Dracula movie. I was really young. I couldn't sleep well for 3 nights in a row.

m0viem0nster
03-06-2009, 10:11 AM
I used to like Blockbusters ...."can I have a 'P' please Bob?"

thebest2k8
03-09-2009, 11:19 PM
can't wait for Entourage to start there new season

m0viem0nster
03-10-2009, 12:13 AM
Anyone remember Undercover Elephant? About time they did a movie version, one for Jack Black I think.

thebest2k8
03-15-2009, 10:37 PM
NCIS is a pretty good show too

wooky44
03-16-2009, 02:51 AM
MASH is an old show but i still love watching it

thebest2k8
03-16-2009, 10:53 AM
^^ never rally got into mash, i guess not my generation but heard good things bout the show

m0viem0nster
03-17-2009, 09:15 AM
Band Of Brothers

thebest2k8
03-17-2009, 08:55 PM
^^ band of brothers was a really good show, and as i recal it was based on a true story

arcano
03-20-2009, 08:17 AM
Most shows I like are beginning to annoy me lately but Criminal Minds never lets me down. :)

m0viem0nster
03-26-2009, 03:56 AM
Blackadder, Fawlty Towers and Only Fools & Horses are just timeless classics. No matter how many times I have seen them, they never fail to entertain me. So many LOL moments.

fifteenmel
04-08-2009, 03:03 PM
Heroes and dexter both top notch shows missing dexter though need a new series sooooooooonn :eek: