PDA

View Full Version : Movie Quotes

m0viem0nster
02-19-2009, 10:30 AM
Let's have your favourite movies quotes and sayings folks

What about a top 10?

Anyone wanna start............ ok as I'm here already.

"Hey howdy hey!!" - Tom Hanks - Woody's voice Toy Story 1 & 2

"Well, there's another nice mess you got me into." - Oliver Hardy - countless times to Stan

"Klaatu Barada Nikto." - Gort - the robot from The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951)

"Bond, James Bond." - Sean Connery, George Lazenby, Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton, Pierce Brosnan, Daniel Craig

"No Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!" - Gert Frobe (Auric Goldfinger)

"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads." - Christoher Lloyd - Doc - Back to the Future

"Asta La Vista Baby, I'll be back!" - Arnold Schwarzenegger - The Terminator, Judgement Day

"Did I ever tell you how I shot a wild elephant in my pyjamas? How he got into my pyjamas I'll never know." Groucho Marx

"Your gonna need a bigger boat." - Roy Scheider - Police Chief Martin Brody - Jaws

"There can be only one!" - Christopher Lambert - Connor MacLeod - Highlander
"the-th-the-th-the-th-the-th-that's all folks!" - Porky Pig - Looney Tunes

thebest2k8
02-19-2009, 11:36 AM
i'd say i'll be back and bond james bond, are probably the two most famous, but my favorite would have to be, you want the truth, you can't handle the truth

waterlilybarb
02-19-2009, 02:12 PM
Here are a few of my favourites (these are ones I've actually used in everyday life):

"After all, tomorrow is another day!" - Scarlett O'Hara: Gone With the Wind
"The, uh, stuff that dreams are made of." - Sam Spade: The Maltese Falcon
"I want to be alone." - Grusinskaya: Grand Hotel
"That'll do, pig, that'll do." - Farmer Arthur Hoggett: Babe
"Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" - Mame: Auntie Mame
"Hello, gorgeous." - Fanny Brice: Funny Girl

m0viem0nster
02-19-2009, 02:29 PM
Here are a few of my favourites (these are ones I've actually used in everyday life):

"After all, tomorrow is another day!"
"The, uh, stuff that dreams are made of."
"I want to be alone."
"That'll do, pig, that'll do."
"Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!"
"Hello, gorgeous."

I'm intrigued by when you would have used the pig quote :confused::confused::confused::eek::eek::eek:

waterlilybarb
02-19-2009, 03:29 PM
It was a joke between my Mum & I. If either of us was on the way to taking something too far we'd pull out that quote, and know to we'd gotten our point across. :)

trulee
02-19-2009, 03:36 PM
I think these movie quites are great. Perhaps they could include the person who said it and the film too.

kahmeleone
02-19-2009, 07:13 PM
Drink up me hearties yo ho! <--- Capt Jack

m0viem0nster
02-20-2009, 08:32 AM
I think these movie quites are great. Perhaps they could include the person who said it and the film too.

Good idea ...... that wasn't a quote, that's just me.....

"Why so ssserious?" - the Joker - Heath Ledger (RIP):(

waterlilybarb
02-20-2009, 08:37 AM
I edited my post to include the character and movie for each quote.

m0viem0nster
02-20-2009, 10:51 AM
I edited my post to include the character and movie for each quote.

Me too! :)

More Groucho Marx quotes:

"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five."

"Age is not a particularly interesting subject. Anyone can get old. All you have to do is live long enough."

"I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception."

"PLEASE ACCEPT MY RESIGNATION. I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT ME AS A MEMBER."

"Money frees you from doing things you dislike. Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy."

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."

"She got her looks from her father. He's a plastic surgeon."

"Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."

"Women should be obscene and not heard."

"I don't have a photograph, but you can have my footprints. They're upstairs in my socks."

gypsiegirl66
02-20-2009, 11:55 AM
Great quotes guy's and gal's......here are some of my fav's...

Casablanca-Here's looking at you, kid-Rick Blaine

Jurassic Park-Ian Malcolm: God creates dinosaurs. God destroys dinosaurs. God creates man. Man destroys God. Man creates dinosaurs...
Dr. Ellie Sattler: Dinosaurs eat man. Woman inherits the earth...

Back to the Future- Lorraine, my density has bought me to you. -George McFly

The Little Mermaid-Have I ever been wrong? I mean when it's important! -Scuttle

Betelgeuse- I myself am... strange and unusual-.Lydia

Scarface-Say hello to my little friend!-Tony Montana

Terminator II-Hasta la vista, baby-The Terminator

Die Hard-Come out to the coast, we'll get together, have a few laughs-John McClane

When Harry Met Sally-I'll have what she's having-Women in restaurant

The Godfather-Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.-Clemenza

The Godfather II- I don't want to kill everyone, Tom. Just my enemies-Michael Corleone

Enemy of the State-Brill: I blew up the building.
Robert Dean: Why?!
Brill: Because you made a phone call!

Taxi Driver-You talkin' to me?-Travis Bickle

Silence of the Lambs-A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.-Hannible Lecter

thebest2k8
02-20-2009, 09:02 PM
a lot of qoutes

Spookytime
10-20-2010, 10:55 PM
From the movie : 8MM

When you dance with the devil, the devil don't change - the devil changes you." :eek:

Said By : Max California Who was played By : Joaquin Phoenix

waterlilybarb
10-24-2010, 12:16 AM
A few more from some of my favourite older movies:

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, "In this world, Elwood, you must be" - she always called me Elwood - "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me." - Elwood P. Dowd: Harvey

"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." - Elwood P. Dowd: Harvey

The next one is a favourite, not so much because it's great or even overly memorable, but because every time I hear or use this expression I'm reminded of the film. :)

"The evening wore on."
That's a very nice expression, isn't it?
With your permission, I'll say it again.
"The evening wore on." - Elwood P. Dowd: Harvey

"I am big. It's the pictures that got small." - Norma Desmond: Sunset Boulevard

"All right, Mr. De Mille. I'm ready for my closeup." - Norma Desmond: Sunset Boulevard

"Nature, Mr. Allnut, is what we are put in this world to rise above." - Rose Sayer: The African Queen

catnap
10-26-2010, 01:03 AM
From The Princess Bride, one of Waterlilybarb's fav movies. "Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!" ... :eek: i wish we had ninja smileys

And from Terminator "Ill be back!" :cool:

waterlilybarb
10-26-2010, 10:22 AM
From The Princess Bride, one of Waterlilybarb's fav movies. "Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!" ... :eek: i wish we had ninja smileys

And from Terminator "Ill be back!" :cool:

LOL! I actually used that Princess Bride quote on Saturday night. I was reminding a friend of mine which movie it was and had to start quoting lines. :D

dolby
04-09-2011, 01:51 AM
Veronica 'Ronnie' Miller: Truth only means something when it's hard to admit! Don't you get that?
Movie The Last Song

ShaunAdler
06-09-2011, 11:52 PM
These are nice quotes taken here from nice and good movies and it is better collection. Good work.