PDA

View Full Version : Flash Streaming Now!!!!

etworm
09-15-2011, 02:28 AM
Flash streaming is available now!
Flash streaming can provide much better quality and avoid Realplayer compatibility problem which bug many members for a long time.
Members still can watch our all RM movies at http://real.movieonline.cc. But we will close RM streaming one year later.

Changes to Movieonline.cc:
1. All movies released before the year 2000 are free, and the former monthly 30 free movies is cancelled.
2. About 1000 movies are unavailable in Flash due that they can not be transferred to MP4 format for Flash stream.
3. Members' viewing history will be recorded respectively on Flash site: http://movieonline.cc and RM site: http://real.movieonline.cc because two sites use two independent VOD system. And the same movie will charge you twice even you watch it on two sites in 24hrs by the same reason.

Hope you enjoy!

polgara
09-15-2011, 04:43 AM
i am not sure i understand what you are saying in this post, the free movies are gone, i get that but what is flash streaming - technophobe here, could you explain that to me and what it means for my pc, ie do i need to install something else to access your site?

regards

pol

shinny
09-15-2011, 05:17 AM
Hey there, Flash is just a different way of playing the movie. You would have downloaded Realplayer before so you will need to download the Flash Player from the adobe website. It also means that if you have a smartphone (with the exception of the iPhone) you can watch movies from this site now, through flash.

So follow this link to download the flashplayer:

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

bala
09-15-2011, 06:10 AM
Well just great no more monthly movie selection :(.

polgara
09-15-2011, 07:17 AM
downloaded adobe and tried to play a movie, - nothing happening, small black screen comes up with report error at the bottom, thought i had done it wrong so downloaded again, same result, - oh and thanks for wrecking the free movies - not really interested in pre 2000 tyvm:mad: why wreck a good thing?:confused:

gdi3
09-15-2011, 07:25 AM
Hello

Can you please tell me what file size the movies are now in Flash mode? Is a movie roughly about 1Gb?

shinny
09-15-2011, 08:25 AM
downloaded adobe and tried to play a movie, - nothing happening, small black screen comes up with report error at the bottom, thought i had done it wrong so downloaded again, same result, - oh and thanks for wrecking the free movies - not really interested in pre 2000 tyvm:mad: why wreck a good thing?:confused:

Please read through the guidelines in this thread => Flash Player Trouble Shooting / Helpful Tips Thread (http://movieforum.cc/showthread.php?t=1945)

You can also still watch movies on the Realplayer site as already advised above by etworm.

shinny
09-15-2011, 08:38 AM
Hello

Can you please tell me what file size the movies are now in Flash mode? Is a movie roughly about 1Gb?

Roughly (etworm will need to confirm as I don't know the exact parameters for this site) but a 1.5 hour movie is about 1.3gb.

etworm
09-15-2011, 10:33 PM
Roughly (etworm will need to confirm as I don't know the exact parameters for this site) but a 1.5 hour movie is about 1.3gb.
Yes, the size almost tripled the former RM file. The size of a 90minutes movie is about 1.3gb.

mudpanda
09-16-2011, 01:34 AM
Hi, have downloaded flash and cannot get movie to play, so tried to open realplayer site and most of the site can not be viewed and is missing.

What do I need to do to view movies again from my fav movie site?

shinny
09-16-2011, 01:52 AM
Hi, have downloaded flash and cannot get movie to play, so tried to open realplayer site and most of the site can not be viewed and is missing.

What do I need to do to view movies again from my fav movie site?

Hi there, have you tried looking at the link I posted in post 7 above?

galiciadba
09-16-2011, 02:02 AM
Does that mean that there won't be new free movies and will just be movies earlier than 2000 from here on?

shinny
09-16-2011, 02:52 AM
Does that mean that there won't be new free movies and will just be movies earlier than 2000 from here on?

Yes. ................

mansant
09-16-2011, 11:40 PM
It was good whilst it lasted.

As soon as I saw the excellent selection of free movies this month I wondered how long we had until it would be changed.

I guess everyone has to understand that there are two points of view here. I believe that as members we were a little spoilt with the 30 free current movie system.....and It is no surprise to me that Etworm has changed it......

However ....Etworm....a suggestion if I may. Cutting everyone off from current free movies completely is a little harsh. Maybe you include in your new rulling that Members get to choose only 5 'current' movies to add to the pre 2000 list.

I believe that this would address balance in points of view..and possible make the transition a little easier to swollow.

Just a suggestion.:)

bala
09-16-2011, 11:55 PM
I agree it was rather harsh he could wait 1st october to change rule to give member a chance watch september free movie list -it would of given the admins an extra 2 weeks to fix bugs before the lauch :). Again this just a suggestion :)

shinny
09-17-2011, 12:42 AM
It was good whilst it lasted.

As soon as I saw the excellent selection of free movies this month I wondered how long we had until it would be changed.

I guess everyone has to understand that there are two points of view here. I believe that as members we were a little spoilt with the 30 free current movie system.....and It is no surprise to me that Etworm has changed it......

However ....Etworm....a suggestion if I may. Cutting everyone off from current free movies completely is a little harsh. Maybe you include in your new rulling that Members get to choose only 5 'current' movies to add to the pre 2000 list.

I believe that this would address balance in points of view..and possible make the transition a little easier to swollow.

Just a suggestion.:)

A very well thought out and balanced argument. I'll ask etworm if he can comment on this. Tks, Shinny

Asheyd
09-17-2011, 06:11 AM
Well I did all that I was told to do. When I try to play a movie it keeps saying stream not found. I have lost a lot of MG because of this. :mad:

I then decided to try with the free movies (something I should have done from the beginning so I wouldnt have lost gold) but the same thing happens there. (stream not found)

This morning I clicked on Home Alone 3 and it plays!! I was overjoyed so I tried one of the movies that I want to see. No joy :( More lost gold. I then tried other free movies and got stream not found BUT Home alone 3 plays....

What is going on???

Celticmaidn
09-17-2011, 11:15 AM
This feature was just launched so please send a PM to etworm explaining your troubles and what movies you lost mg from and how much. Most people are not having any trouble with flash but some still do, also see if the movie is available in rp. Sorry for the inconvenience while we work on this issue.

Asheyd
09-18-2011, 02:18 AM
This feature was just launched so please send a PM to etworm explaining your troubles and what movies you lost mg from and how much. Most people are not having any trouble with flash but some still do, also see if the movie is available in rp. Sorry for the inconvenience while we work on this issue.

I did send an email to etworm explaining everything, including the fact that the movies won't play for me on the rp site either.

This morning I got an email saying that my mail could not be delivered.

Maybe he changed his email address?

Celticmaidn
09-18-2011, 05:55 AM
try sending a PM from the forum to him. I really don't know if his email has been changed or not. I am sorry for all your trouble. Have you tried a different browser, I know most use firefox but personally I prefer Google Chrome.

jaydee2270
09-18-2011, 04:07 PM
id much rather have the movies play on real player, not happy at all with flash player!!!

waterlilybarb
09-18-2011, 04:12 PM
id much rather have the movies play on real player, not happy at all with flash player!!!

You still have the option of viewing on Real Player as per #3 on the list in the announcement:

3. Members' viewing history will be recorded respectively on Flash site: http://movieonline.cc (http://www.movieonline.cc/) and RM site: http://real.movieonline.cc because two sites use two independent VOD system. And the same movie will charge you twice even you watch it on two sites in 24hrs by the same reason.

To access the Real Player site, click on "RM Site" at the top of the movieonline homepage.

etworm
09-18-2011, 10:53 PM
Hello,
Now we used a new VOD system and set the MG pricing by the release year automatically. So I can not set some movies for free from now.

Asheyd
09-19-2011, 01:23 AM
I'd like to post something positive here!!

As of last night the movies seem to play for me now.
I changed nothing. Just switched on my lap top and crossed my fingers ;)

I was also reimbursed for my lost gold so I just want to say that I love this site!

Changeovers always have little hiccups. Thanks to the admin and mods for working so hard at this!

shinny
09-19-2011, 05:17 AM
I'd like to post something positive here!!

As of last night the movies seem to play for me now.
I changed nothing. Just switched on my lap top and crossed my fingers ;)

I was also reimbursed for my lost gold so I just want to say that I love this site!

Changeovers always have little hiccups. Thanks to the admin and mods for working so hard at this!

Thanks for the feedback Asheyed. I know why people are motivated to post when something is going wrong so it's nice to have the flip side of that.

johnwarren3
09-19-2011, 10:18 AM
Please read through the guidelines in this thread => Flash Player Trouble Shooting / Helpful Tips Thread (http://movieforum.cc/showthread.php?t=1945)

You can also still watch movies on the Realplayer site as already advised above by etworm.
Have downloaded the latest version of Adobe Flash and still get an error message with any attempt to download a movie. HELP!

nicoxdead
09-19-2011, 06:28 PM
Thanks for taking the monthly movies away. I think it was an excellent idea. Well, an excellent idea to prevent me from using this site anymore :D

Dzytemaun
09-20-2011, 10:04 PM
sounds like and awsome new site, but i cant use the new player says "stream_not_found" I have the player. What can I do?

trulee
09-20-2011, 11:29 PM
sounds like and awsome new site, but i cant use the new player says "stream_not_found" I have the player. What can I do?

Read post 1

mrsgroom
09-21-2011, 04:59 PM
ok someone needs to write the steps down one at a time.

I have downloaded A. as suggested 3 times. still does not work.

we must be missing a step. just not connecting to A. to watch the movie.

help !!!!!!!!!!!!! mrsgroom

shinny
09-21-2011, 10:36 PM
ok someone needs to write the steps down one at a time.

I have downloaded A. as suggested 3 times. still does not work.

we must be missing a step. just not connecting to A. to watch the movie.

help !!!!!!!!!!!!! mrsgroom

We have ;) You need read this trouble shooting thread because, unfortunately, it can be one or two of many things and for each person, it can be a different issue: Flash Player Trouble Shooting / Helpful Tips Thread (http://movieforum.cc/showthread.php?t=1945)

firefly013
09-22-2011, 03:06 AM

:o I have found that once a movie is selected, if you play in pop-out you will get the error message; but - and it is a BIG BUT :), if you return to the former tab and click 'play' again, it then streams fine. It seems that the first leads to the error message (play or pop-out) but doing it twice works ;) - at least that is how it is on Firefox and a MAC. (Lovely site and great service by the way) :D

shinny
09-22-2011, 03:47 AM
:o I have found that once a movie is selected, if you play in pop-out you will get the error message; but - and it is a BIG BUT :), if you return to the former tab and click 'play' again, it then streams fine. It seems that the first leads to the error message (play or pop-out) but doing it twice works ;) - at least that is how it is on Firefox and a MAC. (Lovely site and great service by the way) :D

Thanks for posting your tip FireFly, it helps to hear what other members have done.

everettlopez
09-22-2011, 05:27 PM
I am so pisseddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddd

waterlilybarb
09-22-2011, 06:32 PM
While it might be true that you are not happy, your post does not state what your issue is. Also, I edited the title of your post since this is a family-friendly forum and we do not allow anything that might be construed as profanity.

c2501
09-24-2011, 11:36 AM
about what is happening here. Since I live overseas, this site has been a companion in kazakhstan, Chile, UAE, but now leaves me in Qatar. Really disappointed. No movies, no entertainment. Any ideas anybody? Loved this site. Gone. Mmmm. :eek:

waterlilybarb
09-24-2011, 12:16 PM
about what is happening here. Since I live overseas, this site has been a companion in kazakhstan, Chile, UAE, but now leaves me in Qatar. Really disappointed. No movies, no entertainment. Any ideas anybody? Loved this site. Gone. Mmmm. :eek:

I'm not sure if you read the entire first post, but for the next year at least, you can still use Real Player to view the movies. Select "RM Site" at the top of the movieonline homepage.

I suggest you occasionally try the flash site, using a free movie, to see if the issues you are having are resolved, or to do some troubleshooting to figure out what settings will enable you to use the flash site with fewer disruptions.

For those having trouble with buffering, allow the movie to load longer before starting to watch. It might mean starting it and pausing for 15 minutes or so, but that should alleviate the aggravation of the stops and starts of buffering. I often get the movie set up, then go do something (get a snack, change into veg out clothes, etc) prior to sitting down to watch. Just a suggestion.

shheaton
10-02-2011, 12:32 PM
hey you guys charge me for movie twice my wife watched it then i watched it within 24 hours and she watched other movies that i should still be able to watch and its saying that i have to pay again

waterlilybarb
10-02-2011, 01:21 PM
hey you guys charge me for movie twice my wife watched it then i watched it within 24 hours and she watched other movies that i should still be able to watch and its saying that i have to pay again

Please see here (http://www.movieforum.cc/showthread.php?t=1343).

bala
10-05-2011, 12:43 PM
IS it too early ask when new movies will be added usually it was once a week but now nothing new as been added.

waterlilybarb
10-05-2011, 04:09 PM
You can ask, but we (the moderators) don't know unless etworm posts.

bala
10-06-2011, 10:14 AM
Could you direct him to the question

rw43068
10-15-2011, 04:24 PM
Well just great no more monthly movie selection :(.

what he said is any movies put out into the market @ the yr 2000 or before will free.

some of us dont have a membership; so i dont see how we can complain about that. Should be graitful they do this for us at all!

dont get me wrong, i am not saying members that do not pay are the complainers... im just simply saying.... enjoy what is "given you".

waterlilybarb
10-15-2011, 07:06 PM
what he said is any movies put out into the market @ the yr 2000 or before will free.

some of us dont have a membership; so i dont see how we can complain about that. Should be graitful they do this for us at all!

dont get me wrong, i am not saying members that do not pay are the complainers... im just simply saying.... enjoy what is "given you".

It's nice to hear some positive feedback. Thank you for taking the time to post. :) While the selection of free movies has changed, the site does offer quite a large selection, and there are many good movies among the older ones.

dianadelrosario
10-16-2011, 02:48 AM
Hi there,
I have been trying to logout of the website but it's showing I am still logged in continually. Will you be able to do something about it.
Many thanks.
Diana

waterlilybarb
10-16-2011, 11:02 AM
Hi there,
I have been trying to logout of the website but it's showing I am still logged in continually. Will you be able to do something about it.
Many thanks.
Diana

I'm not sure what we can do. Make sure are logged out of movieonline.cc, because that may be the reason you are logged in to the forum. Also, make sure not to select the option to keep you logged in. Other than that, if someone in your home is using the movie site with your account, that could also be a reason you are logged in.
As moderators we have no control over your log in information. If you are wanting to not be able to access the forum at all, we can ban you (in this case, only if you request it).

NikkiPlane
10-23-2011, 12:34 AM
It's fab to see the flash player online at LAST!!! I apparently already had the necessary plug-ins etc as the movies seem to be playing just fine for me. It IS a shame we don't have the 30 free movies every month any more as I have seen every single movie that is listed in the free movies section :( but we had a great run of it and we couldn't expect it to last forever I guess. People should think for a moment before putting up aggressively negative comments about it. At the end of the day it costs money to host a site like this and it's not as if the MG's are expensive to buy. I WILL miss the freebies though - perhaps the suggestion of 5 movies a month is one that could be considered (excellent suggestion mansant!! :D) as it was a shock to just lose that facility altogether. Maybe you could restrict it to members only or something?? Apart from that I love the new player and I still think this is the best movie site available on the internet. Excellent site, excellent moderators and excellent movies. Well done guys!!! :p

bala
10-23-2011, 02:02 AM
you do know that real player site has more free movies than the flash site :)

waterlilybarb
10-23-2011, 11:35 AM
Admin has informed us that it would not be possible to have 5 movies of members choice/month as the new system is set to automatically deduct MG for movies from 2000 onward. All movies from 1999 and earlier are on the free list.

alexiabrothwell
11-06-2011, 07:13 PM
hi i have just logged on and i see some new movies have been added brilliant, but the real player site does not have the up to date movies does that mean anything that will be updated will only be updated on the flash site

waterlilybarb
11-06-2011, 07:28 PM
hi i have just logged on and i see some new movies have been added brilliant, but the real player site does not have the up to date movies does that mean anything that will be updated will only be updated on the flash site

Only Admin knows. We have not yet been informed if or when the RealPlayer site will be getting any additions.

alexiabrothwell
11-06-2011, 07:55 PM
thanks any way i hope they do until they end it in a years time x

alexiabrothwell
11-07-2011, 10:24 PM
hi i have noticed that more films have been updated but again not on the real player site im not trying to moan but i dont like flash so if they are not going to update both is it possible to refund my mgs again sorry if it sounds like im moaning

waterlilybarb
11-08-2011, 09:29 AM
I have passed the question on to Admin re: whether the RP site will be updated or not. We have not yet received a reply.

It does not sound like moaning at all. I do understand your frustration. With regard to getting a refund, you will have to send a PM to etworm requesting this.

nitoajayi
11-20-2011, 01:42 AM
Please, update the RM site. The Flash does not work for me. I just bought some MGs and found out that the RM site does not have the movies I want to watch. Please Update the RM site.

waterlilybarb
11-20-2011, 10:22 AM
Please, update the RM site. The Flash does not work for me. I just bought some MGs and found out that the RM site does not have the movies I want to watch. Please Update the RM site.

We have asked admin if and/or when the RealPlayer site will be updated and have not yet received a reply. Since the Flash site is meant to be the main site, and will eventually be the only site, it is likely that the RealPlayer site will not be updated.

alexiabrothwell
11-21-2011, 11:53 AM
i really hope they do update the real player site because im trying to watch horriblr bosses and i have had to pause it 5 times now because it keeps trying to load this is why i hate flash so much plaese update real player

waterlilybarb
11-21-2011, 01:42 PM
As moderators, we have no control over the movie site. Try letting the movie load longer before watching.

christopherm70
12-01-2011, 05:52 AM
well since your change to monthly movie i wont be adding any more cash...it was good whilst it lasted...ciao

thaya
12-01-2011, 06:14 AM
thank you all friends

waterlilybarb
12-20-2011, 10:20 AM
UPDATE

We have heard from etworm, and this is his reply regarding the RealPlayer site:

The traffic of Realplayer site is very low now and it will be closed when the number of movies on our Flash site is about 3000. This goal will be reached soon.
For regular movie adding, some new movies will be on the shelf soon and regular adding will become normal at the beginning of 2012.