PDA

View Full Version : video quality

sxuldv8
02-12-2009, 03:32 PM
is there a way to adjust the video settings? Even playing it in Real Theater Mode most of the movies I have tried to watch is like watching a clip off of You Tube. All of my software is up to date so I was wondering if there was a way to upgrade the video quality. My guess is it has something to do with the streaming aspect of the site.

shinny
02-12-2009, 03:35 PM
is there a way to adjust the video settings? Even playing it in Real Theater Mode most of the movies I have tried to watch is like watching a clip off of You Tube. All of my software is up to date so I was wondering if there was a way to upgrade the video quality. My guess is it has something to do with the streaming aspect of the site.

Can you give me an example of a video you watched in which this happens? Because, the quality on this site is extremely good so I suspect it could either be bad links or your settings. If you can provide an example, I can check it out.

Thanks.

sxuldv8
02-12-2009, 04:01 PM
Transporter 3,Babylon AD,Max Payne,Star Trek-Nemesis--they all seem to be ghosting images. its like trying to play a video game that's meant to be played in 1920 X 1200 in a 800 X 600 mode

shinny
02-12-2009, 04:22 PM
Transporter 3,Babylon AD,Max Payne,Star Trek-Nemesis--they all seem to be ghosting images. its like trying to play a video game that's meant to be played in 1920 X 1200 in a 800 X 600 mode

Ok, it's definitely your settings because they all play fine for me.

What version of Realplayer do you have? Are you using firefox or internet explorer? Are you using a PC or Mac?

sxuldv8
02-12-2009, 04:32 PM
real player 6.0.14-using Firefox3.0.6 and its a PC. I've changed it to let the realplayer pick the settings and ive changed it to let NVIDIA pick the best settings, but it still is like trying to watch HDTV with a non HD TV set. lots of ruff edges. all my drivers are up to date

shinny
02-12-2009, 04:42 PM
real player 6.0.14-using Firefox3.0.6 and its a PC. I've changed it to let the realplayer pick the settings and ive changed it to let NVIDIA pick the best settings, but it still is like trying to watch HDTV with a non HD TV set. lots of ruff edges. all my drivers are up to date

Your realplayer is out of date which is most likely causing your problems. You need to load the most up to date one, which is Realplayer 11. Here is a link to it => Realplayer V11 (http://uk.real.com/player/win/)

If that doesn't help, then come back and let me know.

Thanks.

sxuldv8
02-12-2009, 04:58 PM
hmmm no help at all-still the same jagged edges and ghosting of images

shinny
02-12-2009, 05:02 PM
hmmm no help at all-still the same jagged edges and ghosting of images

When you open the episode, do you watch it straight away or do you load it in Realplayer (by clicking the R at the bottom right of the screen)?

Also, have you successfully watched any streaming video's before on any other site (not this one)? I guess I'm wondering if it's a problem with your computer settings or your monitor?

sxuldv8
02-12-2009, 05:15 PM
i watch it in theater mode. the only other place i have trouble is on youtube and watching college football replays on espn web site. i wouldn't think its my computer or monitor since the computer is less than 7 months old. also i watch blu-ray dvds on here that look alot better on this monitor than any tv i have seen. I may have my settings wrong and any help would be appreciated

shinny
02-12-2009, 05:22 PM
i watch it in theater mode. the only other place i have trouble is on youtube and watching college football replays on espn web site. i wouldn't think its my computer or monitor since the computer is less than 7 months old. also i watch blu-ray dvds on here that look alot better on this monitor than any tv i have seen. I may have my settings wrong and any help would be appreciated

The standard thing we ask people to do is to check their connection speed in realplayer, but I'm not sure this will help. I've never seen what you have described. I'll tell you how to do that anyway and then ask our administrator to take a look at this post:

1. Open Realplayer and go to Tools and Preferences.
2. Click on connection tab
3. Click on the "Test Connection" tab
4. This will automatically select the correct band with for you.
5. Click ok.

sxuldv8
02-12-2009, 05:38 PM
yeah im on the best internet setting,but maybe this will help. when i put it in full screen mode is when its blurry but if i reduce it too original size its clear as a bell. but if i increase the video size to double or full screen is when it gets all blurry. so my problems got to be in my settings somewhere,but i don't have a clue yet

etworm
02-12-2009, 11:58 PM
Hi,
I noticed that you watched BD movies on the monitor. But our movies just have resolution ratio of 720x304 or 640x344.
I recommend you to use another PC to access to our site. If you found that it's still blurry as same as what you get from previous one, you may need more BD disks.:D

sxuldv8
02-13-2009, 07:58 AM
1st time i've ever been told that my equipment was to much to handle;)

thebest2k8
02-17-2009, 01:14 AM
yeah no kidding you don't hear that too much