PDA

View Full Version : Real Player Alternative.

mansant
07-27-2011, 01:17 PM
Hi Folks

Was hoping there might be an alternative to using Real Player.

In VIPTV if realplayer is not installed It will still play (without having to download a load of stuff I dont want and only seldom need)

.....Can I use VLC? or something else less intrusive?

Anyone ever tried that?

Many Thanks :)

trulee
07-27-2011, 03:46 PM
Hi Folks

Was hoping there might be an alternative to using Real Player.

In VIPTV if realplayer is not installed It will still play (without having to download a load of stuff I dont want and only seldom need)

.....Can I use VLC? or something else less intrusive?

Anyone ever tried that?

Many Thanks :)

Realplayer is the medium used to view our streamed movies though there will be a change to flash in the future.

mansant
07-28-2011, 09:24 AM
Thanks Trulee,

Thats good to know...any idea when this may happen....I'm missing the site (especially during school holidays).

:)

waterlilybarb
07-28-2011, 11:55 AM
We don't have a specific time, as it's taking longer than was originally expected. Since you say you're missing the site, you must have been using RP to watch before. Any reason why you just can't use if until the changeover? If not, make sure to use the link in the RP Troubleshooting thread for the older version of RP that is compatible with the site.

mansant
07-31-2011, 11:24 AM
Hi Barb,

(its iklemiracle here) ...

Had to de-clutter my laptop, real player I find to be quite a cheeky Ap..My partner loathes it - so when my laptop was running very low on virtual memory he 'convinced' me to get rid.

I might just do some more de cluttering and re-install until flash is enabled here.

How you doing?:)

waterlilybarb
07-31-2011, 09:55 PM
I'm doing alright. Nice to "see" you. :)

I know a lot of people aren't crazy about RP - my brother hates it, but I haven't had issues with it. and actually prefer it because it uses less bandwidth & I have a cap on my usage. The transfer is taking longer than expected and I also think they are wanting to make sure there aren't the same issues that happened at VIPTV when they switched to Flash (though we have both there - for now, anyway). Hopefully you'll be able to enjoy some of the movies you want. I love it, especially during the summer when there isn't much that I like to watch on TV.

mansant
08-02-2011, 02:29 PM
Yes good to 'speak' to you again too...:)

Well Ive re-installed it for now....its nice to just relax knowing there is always something worth watching at your disposal,...good choice of free films this month as well.

I was reading the thread about picking your free films, but couldnt quite work out what the rules are:o..how do you vote? Any ideas?

waterlilybarb
08-02-2011, 03:55 PM
Read the rules in post #1 here (http://www.movieforum.cc/showthread.php?t=1035). To have a better chance of having some of your picks chosen, you should check out the Vote Swap (http://www.movieforum.cc/showthread.php?t=1251&page=10) thread. You can trade votes with other members for some you really want to see.

Just follow the rules & come up with a list. For best results, trade votes with others and you'll be even happier with the choices. :)