PDA

View Full Version : What about the OSCARS??

stardaz
02-11-2009, 03:37 AM
I haven't seen any one put any thing about hte oscars on the site yet, why not start a contest about best actor or best picture and give away a couple of MG's to the one that wins.

bala
02-11-2009, 07:24 AM
because it's fixed no point winner are picked way advance

thebest2k8
02-11-2009, 02:07 PM
yes that is true

heluvagr8flik
02-13-2009, 02:04 AM

....but we don't know the winners only the Academy does....we can still have a guess-off.:p

stardaz
02-13-2009, 10:22 PM
It is not always the big names with the very big budget that get the awards, there has been low budget films that have come out ahead.:D

waterlilybarb
02-14-2009, 08:10 AM

Do you have an inside source at the Academy Bala? lol As heluvagr8flik says, only the Academy knows the winners. :p

redsoxpatriot30
02-19-2009, 06:17 PM
I'm sure he does Barb...next to watching all those movies and TV shows, he is also a member...even though he's in a completely different country.

I saw Benjamin Button in the theater (drove an hour to see it) and it was very good but it will not win. Frost/Nixon and The Reader are also the ones who won't have a chance. Everywhere I've read (TV Guide, Entertainment Weekly, Rolling Stone), they have either said Milk or Slumdog Millionaire will win. The critic I trust, Roger Ebert, says Milk deserves it, but the only way I see it is if it will upset SM. Tough call there...three years ago I picked Crash as the winner and I'm still happy from that one year :D. I won't get started on the other categories...