PDA

View Full Version : Unable to watch movies

offlimits17
04-30-2011, 09:57 PM
Hi, I have latest versions of Firefox, Chrome, IE and real player but can not watch the movies as pop up window will try to find update for realplayer, then fail and will not load movie. I have tried doing every thing as suggested in forums but nothing worked out. what to do now? If i can not watch movies then can I get back my credit?

waterlilybarb
05-01-2011, 01:18 AM
See this post (http://www.movieforum.cc/showpost.php?p=9482&postcount=31). The site will be switching to flash (as explained here (http://www.movieforum.cc/showthread.php?t=1776)), but for now the earlier version of RP (referenced in the 1st link) seems to work best. Using the earlier version should enable you to watch movies here.

offlimits17
05-05-2011, 07:25 PM
So far nothing is working for me, I have tried all methods, installations as suggested in the forums. Real Player does not play the movie at all.

Any new solutions?

From When site will be switching to flash streaming?

waterlilybarb
05-05-2011, 08:26 PM
We haven't been given any more information regarding when the site will switch to flash.

When you uninstalled, did you do a clean uninstall
CLEAN UNINSTALL..... After you uninstall RP, you will see a pop-up, that says it was unable to remove some of the RP files. If all of the files are not removed it can cause many problems, some very small, some very bothersome. So it's best, to do a "clean uninstall". To do that, first go to Start> click Control Panel>click Add & Remove Programs>click uninstall Real Player. Then close Control Panel and go to Start>click My Computer>double click C-Drive>double click Program Files>to Real (R-click on "Real" and delete the file).
Then while you are still in Program Files double click on Common Files>to Real (R-click on the "Real" file and delete the file).
Then reinstall a fresh RP.

If not, I suggest you do, then install version RealPlayer SP 1.1.5 (http://www.filehippo.com/download_realplayer/7908/). After doing that, ensure that your RP is NOT set to auto-update. That has solved the issue for others who experienced this issue.

We will have to wait until admin posts to know when flash will be implemented.

NikkiPlane
05-08-2011, 02:46 AM
So far nothing is working for me, I have tried all methods, installations as suggested in the forums. Real Player does not play the movie at all.

Any new solutions?

From When site will be switching to flash streaming?

Hiya, I had problems with RP for a while there as well, but installing the older version as suggested by Waterlilybarb totally worked for me. Right now - even using that version it will come up that an add-on is not working but gives me the option to either download the add-on (which never works!!) or "play this time". I just press play this time and it always plays. I am looking forward to the upgrade to avoid all the issues but the site is that good that I don't mind having a small issue with the RP playback :D Try downloading the older version and let us know how you get on, hope it works for you!!

randallzornes
07-09-2011, 09:21 PM
I am having the same issue. have loaded the realplayer and when i play now i get a window telling me no connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. Please help. downloaded real player 1.1.3.. is this the problem, should i be using another version?

shinny
07-10-2011, 10:39 AM
I am having the same issue. have loaded the realplayer and when i play now i get a window telling me no connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. Please help. downloaded real player 1.1.3.. is this the problem, should i be using another version?

Use the link Barb has posted in post 4 above. This version should be good.

randallzornes
07-10-2011, 05:48 PM
well, did the clean uninstall as suggested, and reinstalled the sp 1.1.5 from the link. when i try to watch the movie, i got the pop up that said "unable to connect cause the target machine machine actively refused it"!!!!!!

i need some major assistance in fixing this issue, can some one please help!!!!

waterlilybarb
07-10-2011, 08:26 PM
@ randallzornes
I'm just checking in before heading to bed, but if you could let us know which operating system you're using (XP, Vista, Windows, Mac) and which browser you're using along with the version of the browser, it will help us be able to assist you in troubleshooting your issue.

randallzornes
07-10-2011, 08:35 PM
running XP and using explorer 8, thanks for the help

shinny
07-11-2011, 01:44 AM
running XP and using explorer 8, thanks for the help

Ok, try using another browser. Firefox or Chrome and see if that makes a difference. I can't use IE for some reason so I generally use Firefox.

randallzornes
07-14-2011, 05:54 AM
ok, neither one worked, still getting the same message. is there anything else that i could be missing in setting. since i have tried my MG's keep coming down, even though i have yet to be able to watch any movie!!

thx

waterlilybarb
07-14-2011, 10:10 AM
I don't know what else to suggest if yo have tried all the suggestions in the RP Troubleshooting thread (http://www.movieforum.cc/showthread.php?t=233), as well as the others we have given. I will suggest you do any future tests using a free movie so you don't lose anymore MG.
I'll leave a note in Site Management for the other moderators, as one of them may have another suggestion for you.

redtulips88
09-15-2011, 02:22 PM
Hi, I have latest versions of Firefox, Chrome, IE and real player but can not watch the movies as pop up window will try to find update for realplayer, then failed and will not load the movie. I have tried doing every thing suggested in forums but nothing worked out. what to do now? If i can not watch movies then can I get back my credit? I have also tried the 2 other movies ( not since you and Me and you, us forever) same problem... not playing...

waterlilybarb
09-15-2011, 02:36 PM
The site JUST switched to using Flash, so that is most likely the problem - though there is currently still the option of using RealPlayer.

Have you downloaded Adobe Flash Player? See this announcement: Flash Streaming Now!!!! (http://movieforum.cc/showthread.php?t=1943)