PDA

View Full Version : Ver.14 RP upgrade Problem (Updated June 9th)

etworm
03-16-2011, 02:00 AM
If you got the following message in realplayer upgrade process:
You do not have the necessary permissions to enable AutoUpdate. Please contact your system administrator for more information.
Currently Auto-Update has no plug-in available to play your section.

First, please let me say that you need not to upgrade RP, new version of RP doesn't enhance viewing experience.
If you want to upgrade RealPlayer to Ver. 14, please download the latest version from official Real site directly:
http://www.real.com/realplayer
After you uninstall the older version of RP and I strongly suggest you to clear Cookies in your browser before installing a new version of RP.
I suggest you to log on to your computer with administrator account if new version of RP can not be installed.

And a good news:
Movieonline will dump RP and use flash streaming in May, which will greatly improve streaming quality and solve this compatible problem completely.

**Edit** Please note that no changes will be made to Flash Player until July 2011. Thank You

bala
03-17-2011, 12:26 AM
This is good news

expat
03-17-2011, 06:56 AM
Thanks etworm, but the problem remains even after installing the new real player and deleting cookies.

I even made an online call + assistance with real player for almost 4 hours trying every possibiliy of reverting back to the old real player, deleting all the files and re-installing the older version.

Unfortunately it doesn't solve the problem.

Any other suggestions.

bala
03-17-2011, 07:36 AM
Download to older version :)

Real player SP version

waterlilybarb
03-17-2011, 11:02 AM
Thanks etworm, but the problem remains even after installing the new real player and deleting cookies.

I even made an online call + assistance with real player for almost 4 hours trying every possibiliy of reverting back to the old real player, deleting all the files and re-installing the older version.

Unfortunately it doesn't solve the problem.

Any other suggestions.

For the proper links & instructions, see this post (http://www.movieforum.cc/showpost.php?p=9482&postcount=31). It will work so you can watch movies until the format change.

offlimits17
05-05-2011, 07:35 PM
You do not have the necessary permissions to enable AutoUpdate. Please contact your system administrator for more information.

First, please let me say that you need not to upgrade RP, new version of RP doesn't enhance viewing experience.
If you want to upgrade RealPlayer to Ver. 14, please download the latest version from official Real site directly:
After you uninstall the older version of RP and I strongly suggest you to clear Cookies in your browser before installing a new version of RP.
I suggest you to log on to your computer with administrator account if new version of RP can not be installed.

And a good news:
Movieonline will dump RP and use flash streaming in May, which will greatly improve streaming quality and solve this compatible problem completely.

When Exactly is going to start streaming in flash?

I have tried all methods posted on forums but to no avail.

keep getting following message from Real (when clicked on error details):

There is no software update available from Real to support this content

Content Type(s):

text/html;charset=utf-8.

Any solutions???????

waterlilybarb
05-05-2011, 08:28 PM
No news as yet as to exactly when Flash will be implemented. Please see my response to your other post here (http://www.movieforum.cc/showthread.php?p=9889&posted=1#post9889).

offlimits17
05-25-2011, 02:41 AM

And a good news:

When will site start streaming in flash and get rid of NOT SO Real PLAYER<
I have not been able to watch a single movie for months now, have tried following all instruction provided on forums. tried installing new os on three different machines but to no avail.
when when when when.............

shinny
06-09-2011, 03:39 PM
Post one has been updated to reflect the new change over date of July 2011.

offlimits17
06-11-2011, 05:03 PM
How to fix this:

Content Type(s):

text/html;charset=utf-8.

waterlilybarb
06-11-2011, 08:42 PM
How to fix this:

Content Type(s):

text/html;charset=utf-8.

Sorry, not familiar with that. When & where are you getting that message? Also, which browser are you using (and which version) - ex: IE v8, FF v3.6, etc, and which operating system are you using - Windows XP, Vista, etc?