PDA

View Full Version : RP PROBLEMS - Unable to download

Ruach
12-06-2010, 04:42 AM
Hello,

It has been over 1 week now that i continuously have problems with Real Player SP.
I switched to an older version (from V14 to V11).
Now I can see the movies, but cannot download them.

I do as usual and

the time it takes to download is longer than the actual movie
at the end of the 'recording' process I have a message in the RP Downloader Window saying: "unable to record"

What should i do?
Please help. Thank you for any tip.
Remember I am not computer literate and often get lost in cyberspace.

Ruach

"Together we can do more"

trulee
12-06-2010, 08:54 AM
Hello,

It has been over 1 week now that i continuously have problems with Real Player SP.
I switched to an older version (from V14 to V11).
Now I can see the movies, but cannot download them.

I do as usual and

the time it takes to download is longer than the actual movie
at the end of the 'recording' process I have a message in the RP Downloader Window saying: "unable to record"

What should i do?
Please help. Thank you for any tip.

Remember I am not computer literate and often get lost in cyberspace.

Ruach

"Together we can do more"

Oh Ruach I am very happy that you can view the movies once again. I must tell you though, this is a movie streaming site. We don not condone the downloading of our movies and as such are unable to give any 'tips'.

Ruach
12-06-2010, 12:06 PM
Hi Super Mod True-Lee,

I don't understand what a "movie streaming site" means. Could you please clarify?

I only download them because my internet connection is weak in the evening and I cannot see a movie in one go. It constantly 'reloads' (or something).

Could you/one-of-your-moderators let us know when the V14 of Real Play is fixed? Then I can try to re-use that version. Until now I've never had any problems.

Kindly,
Ruach

trulee
12-06-2010, 01:01 PM
Hi Super Mod True-Lee,

I don't understand what a "movie streaming site" means. Could you please clarify?

I only download them because my internet connection is weak in the evening and I cannot see a movie in one go. It constantly 'reloads' (or something).

Could you/one-of-your-moderators let us know when the V14 of Real Play is fixed? Then I can try to re-use that version. Until now I've never had any problems.

Kindly,
Ruach

Streaming means just that - you watch it while it is playing not record or download it for future viewing. We have no control over real player. We are just aware that when they update the versions, for some members there are problems viewing our movies.

Ruach
12-08-2010, 08:42 AM
Thank you for your explanation.

NikkiPlane
12-17-2010, 11:22 AM
Ruach, if you go to the topic "RealPlayer Troubleshooting" (first topic in Newcomer Guidance) you will see a link to download RealPlayer SP. This particular RP allows you to watch in FullScreen or Theater Mode much easier. A lot of people have had problems watching the movies since they updated the RealPlayer and RealPlayer SP is the best version for avoiding all the issues that have come up - such as pausing and bad connections etc. Try this one and see how you get on ;)

waterlilybarb
12-17-2010, 01:47 PM
Ruach's issue has already been resolved. :)