PDA

View Full Version : Reviews

Spookytime
08-16-2010, 11:39 PM
I review each and every movie I watch and I watch one movie a night, I hope my reviews will be of help to you all as I tell the truth good or bad and would appreciate it if you'd give me a Thumbs Up or a Thumbs Down if you watched a movie based on my review, alright my movie watcher/viewer friends.

It's always nice to know if your helping people out or not helping them, so I'll know if i should continue doing my reviews which I intend on doing anyway, but the feed back is always helpful to the reviewer and that's all I'm asking for now. :D

PS. I don't work for http://www.movieforum.cc/ and I pay for the movies I watch just like the rest of you, maybe http://www.movieforum.cc/ will take notice of me and give me some MG, but whether they do it or don't do it, I will still continue reviewing the movies I have watched here, I hope you all enjoy the movies and my reviews and stay on as a members because they also do offer a lot of free movies and the price of their MG isn't really much, so make a bag of popcorn (Microwave) or else buy a bag and sit down to watch some great movies here.

waterlilybarb
08-17-2010, 02:13 AM
I haven't noticed if it's your reviews that have piqued my interest in a movie, but I'll pay more attention. I DO appreciate a decent review, and try to remember to give a thumbs up to those I find helpful, as well as the thumbs down to those that are just bad. I report any rude posts and those that are complete spoilers to admin, as moderators have no control over the content of those posts.

As moderators, we don't have the power to award MG to any members, but maybe admin will take note if people post that they find it useful. :)

Spookytime
08-18-2010, 10:57 PM
Hi waterlilybarb and all, I never post a spoiler and I never will, I'll never act or be rude since that doesn't get anyone anywhere, I rate the movies as a normal individual hopefully like the people who watch the movies.
I try to do my best and tell the truth but I guess that can be subjective as I may or may not like what somebody else likes, but I do tell the truth as I see it and try to give the viewers a person (hopefully) who's just an ordinary guy that they can count on to hear how I liked or didn't like a movie, so I guess I do stay within my standards but I hope my standards are very similar to theirs, as I said I never post "Spoilers" since I don't wanna give the movie the viewer hasn't seen yet away, I just say how much I liked it and what I'm going to rate it as in number of stars, but back to standards I do stick to what I liked or what I didn't like and then leave it up to the people to decide if they think it's worth while watching or not, I can only hope I'm a friend and like the guy next door I guess, I do try to tell it like it is >> Good/Bad <<
So in closing I hope you give my reviews a rating, thumbs up/thumbs down if I was of any help to you, and I am starting to see that so I'd just like to say Thank You and watch for my reviews and after the movie let me know if my review was of help to you or that I was wrong. Thanks again to a Great Site http://www.movieforum.cc/ and for the viewers who are watching and members, and always remember there are also free movies on the site as well.

Spookytime

trulee
08-19-2010, 01:04 PM
It's great that you are willing to review the movies you watch on our great site. Perhaps you will post here on the forum too if there is already a thread created for a movie you watch. It may in turn encourage others to do so.

bala
08-20-2010, 07:17 AM
Well i read your reviews but honestly i give up reading most of them, not because the reviews are good or bad but it's the amount you type. if you want feedback Below an example of one of your review

Hi Movie friends, here's the real deal , this movie was a Disney movie, and I'm not saying that all Disney movies are bad or that they are all good, this one happens to be a pretty well made movie and you know that the whole family can watch it, I liked it since it had a story line you can follow and was well made, so bottom line is if your looking for a family comedy that also contains music and some romance I believe you'll enjoy this as the "Genre" says, so as I said I did enjoy this movie maybe because it had a little bit of everything as the genre said and it also had some star power with Billy Ray Cyrus and his daughter Miley Cyrus, and I watched it at the right time when it was free, I highly doubt it will stay on the free movie category but no matter it's still worth watching and I'll rate it 5 stars for how well it was made & acted etc, so I hope if you watch it you also enjoy it.

There is nothing wrong with this review but i personally find it too much read. This review is good for those of you who enjoy reading long comments but most of us prefer short review. :o

Here what your review could of said

This movie was a Disney movie,this one happens to be a pretty well made movie and you know that the whole family can watch it, I liked it since it had a story line you can follow and was well made, so bottom line is if your looking for a family comedy that also contains music and some romance I believe you'll enjoy this.

This get straight to the point :cool:.

That's my feedback;)

Apart from that keep up good work :D

Spookytime
08-20-2010, 07:50 PM
I'll make my reviews shorter then alright, not a biggie. Ohh and I'd like to thank you for giving me your feedback.
As i said then edited it, I shall make my reviews shorter and right to the point, I know exactly what you mean, people come to watch a movie and not so interested in reading a long review.
I understand and if my reply is a bit long it's probably due to the fact that I enjoy writing anf have had a few websites just for me and other writers.
I mostly wrote poems like stuff while my other writers were left to write whatever they felt like and I'd generally update the website once a week, giving people a chance to read what 4 to 5 people wrote.
This was long before the so called blogs that we have today.
But I want to say thanks for your feed back and taking an interest and I will continue to review the movies until I'm told to stop, I do believe that the movie viewer wants to hear what others think before they watch a movie.

Thanks again,
Spookytime

trulee
08-21-2010, 08:53 AM
I'll make my reviews shorter then alright, not a biggie. Ohh and I'd like to thank you for giving me your feedback.
As i said then edited it, I shall make my reviews shorter and right to the point, I know exactly what you mean, people come to watch a movie and not so interested in reading a long review.
I understand and if my reply is a bit long it's probably due to the fact that I enjoy writing anf have had a few websites just for me and other writers.
I mostly wrote poems like stuff while my other writers were left to write whatever they felt like and I'd generally update the website once a week, giving people a chance to read what 4 to 5 people wrote.
This was long before the so called blogs that we have today.
But I want to say thanks for your feed back and taking an interest and I will continue to review the movies until I'm told to stop, I do believe that the movie viewer wants to hear what others think before they watch a movie.

Thanks again,

Spookytime
Balas' opinion is of course ONLY HIS. I would say when writing a review you should be the one to decide its content (other than avoiding spoilers) and length. This isnt a newspaper or magasine where copy has a limited space. Members will choose to read it or not regardless of its length. Keep up the good work.

bala
08-21-2010, 11:43 AM
Balas' opinion is of course ONLY HIS.

hence why i said i personally find it too much read:cool:.

bala
08-21-2010, 11:48 AM
Spookytime- your welcome for my feedback - you asked for it and i am glad you took it nicely because i know some people don't like hearing anything negative about what they write. i tried my best to be as polite as possable and glad you understood where i am coming from. :)

Spookytime
08-21-2010, 09:20 PM
Hi bala, I didn't read what you wrote to my reviews as negative I just saw it as how you felt about my reviews and be it positive or negative I just read it as feed back or your input.
This is how you feel and you can't really speak for everyone, but I surely can take the good & the bad as both or either may be helpful to a guy like me who wanted to get some feed back, so I never saw it as either I just saw it as one person's point of view and some times that can be helpful, I don't get paid to critique the movies I watch & review for other I do this to try and be helpful to and hopefully tell the person how I felt, now don't get all sensitive and think I'm being negative with you, I already know this is probably more then you read in a week from the way you view my reviews, you'd probably rather just see GOOD/BAD and then watch it or not watch it, well I hope you understand what I do to help the members of this site and I hope my reviews are taken seriously as all I want to do is lead them in the right direction (hope you understand if you got this far reading me).

Thanks for the feed back and have a Great time viewing the movies or whatever you decide to do, just enjoy life and try to get all the best there is.

Best Regards,
Spookytime

trulee
08-21-2010, 09:35 PM
............ but most of us prefer short review. :o

That's my feedback;)

Apart from that keep up good work :D

I think you will find you said what is shown above which to me seems to be speaking for more than yourself.

shinny
08-28-2010, 01:36 AM
Hey Spookytime, I just wanted to say I've come across some of your reviews and have found them helpful. I'm a avid reader and therefore appreciate a slightly more indepth review than "It was good" so, from my perspective, keep up the good work ;)