PDA

View Full Version : movies online have gone down the crapper

masterq62
06-21-2010, 08:14 PM
the last four mounth the have been little if any movies worth watching,,,,,,i will no longer purchase mgs theres nothing wort buying why are you cheating us

waterlilybarb
06-21-2010, 11:10 PM
the last four mounth the have been little if any movies worth watching,,,,,,i will no longer purchase mgs theres nothing wort buying why are you cheating us

You are welcome to your opinion, but you would do better to actually read some of the posts in the forum prior to posting to see if others feel the same way and if admin has addressed these concerns...which it has. See post #182 in this thread (http://www.movieforum.cc/showthread.php?t=43&page=7).

flanokin
06-22-2010, 12:27 AM
:mad:I'm with ye!! I sent 3 emails over the past few days. I have been having problems with playing movies. No-one has gotten back to me. Total CRAP!!!

hydiagood
07-16-2010, 06:59 PM
Treat others kindly when you are self-satisfied, because you will need them when you are frustrated. _____________________________Fashion jewelry

yong112
07-19-2010, 05:52 AM
Anyway, as I said it was used chi flat iron when I got and now I year later and after many fallings off the bed the plates got loose and my dad fixed it though he said he didn;t know how long it would keep working, electricly it's perfect but mechaniclly it's dying so I'm thinking about getting a new one but a lot of people are saying so bad things about it i'm having my doubts, so I think that first of all you should specify what model you have because i've heard thatI mited editions are kind of cheap and break off easyly so i hope you could specify this stuff, it would help a lot of people to make a desition, There is a reason that all of the hair dressers that I see use this product. It's fantastic! Although, I do have an Ultra Chi, but if this one is anything like mine, it is nothing less than excellent. It's costly, but I've had mine for 2 years under heavy use and it still works as well as the first day I bought it. Leaves my hair much smoother (I have naturally straight hair so I use it when I want everything to look just perfect and it delivers). Best part is that it heats up quickly! I will never switch from Chi. I just bought the hair dryer as well. If you want something similar but without the heavy price point, try Fhi.

B4IDOURU18
08-04-2010, 12:29 PM
the last four month the have been little if any movies worth watching,,,,,,i will no longer purchase mgs theres nothing wort buying why are you cheating us

I agree with you 100%. After seeing the announcement last month that Movies Online was going to be a "Movie Discussion Forum" I thought OK, they wont be a site that is linking to other sites which host them. I now see that was a ruse to go from a free site to charge people to get the link to the movie. Nope , not gonna play that game, as there are better sites then this which I don't have to pay at.

Daxeter
08-04-2010, 02:54 PM
I think it would be useful for some to just suggest what they would like to see and make some suggestions or notify admin about issues. There are many of us who enjoy the site and at some point these issues will be addressed. I for one like to keep asking for some response about movies I have requested, but not sure some have the time for that. I would also like to see more foreign movies if these can be obtained but I think since I don't have time to research all the threads, I'm not going to understand all the policies. Best, Daxeter

waterlilybarb
08-04-2010, 09:40 PM
I think it would be useful for some to just suggest what they would like to see and make some suggestions or notify admin about issues. There are many of us who enjoy the site and at some point these issues will be addressed. I for one like to keep asking for some response about movies I have requested, but not sure some have the time for that. I would also like to see more foreign movies if these can be obtained but I think since I don't have time to research all the threads, I'm not going to understand all the policies. Best, Daxeter

We do have a suggestion thread. HERE (http://www.movieforum.cc/showthread.php?t=28) is the link to it. Obviously, not every suggestion/request can be filled, but many of the films we now have are ones that were requested.

As for foreign films, admin has said not to expect them anytime soon. There is limited server space and, unfortunately, the demand for those is not as high, and they are not as easily attainable.

waterlilybarb
08-04-2010, 09:46 PM
I agree with you 100%. After seeing the announcement last month that Movies Online was going to be a "Movie Discussion Forum" I thought OK, they wont be a site that is linking to other sites which host them. I now see that was a ruse to go from a free site to charge people to get the link to the movie. Nope , not gonna play that game, as there are better sites then this which I don't have to pay at.

Movie forum has always been a movie discussion forum, for those that choose to use it. Movie Online does NOT redirect to other sites. There are 30 free movies every month. The site never said it was going to be 100% free. It was free for it's first month, which was January 2009. You should get your facts straight before making accusations.

Whether you choose to use the site or not is up to you, but this is a site that cares about the quality of the content, and I appreciate that I don't have to worry about viruses, malware, advertisements, etc., when watching a movie.

Daxeter
08-05-2010, 01:51 AM
Thanks for the reply. I have used the suggestion thread before but I don't think I've ever had a direct reply so it feels like it doesn't matter what I suggest. I know it would be impossible for a direct answer on each suggestion, but that may explain why some get exasperated, and I guess that won't go away.

As for "foreign films," more may be interested in them if a few excellent ones were introduced. For example, I requested the Japanese original of "Shall We Dance." This received such great reviews and has so many powerful messages and fantastic acting, it just might broaden interest in more foreign films. Americanized versions get so watered down and commercial. I think it would really add more quality to this site. I also look at Independent films and there is nothing there. I'm not complaining, I'm just saying new ideas pique and audience interest in the site. The fact that you open up the home page and the same movies are there for so long would seem to me not as effective as featuring some things that are of special interest, even with a line of review underneath. Do I sound like I'm in marketing?
Sorry about all this. I really don't watch that many movies anyway; I think I might if there were more diversity in the selections.

waterlilybarb
08-05-2010, 08:01 AM
@ Daxeter

I understand your frustration, as I also enjoy foreign films, and agree that the Americanized versions never measure up to the quality of the original.

We do get new movies nearly every day, and I have come across some hidden gems that I might otherwise not have heard of or seen. Most of those should be listed under Independent Films, but they seem to get lumped in under their genre category, as the listings generally go by what IMDb says about them.

kellyanne
08-05-2010, 08:49 AM
No we don't want any foreign movies there are enough foreign movies on other sites and thats why I left and came on this one... So why don't you go on a site that puts them on but I say not on this site... Its bad enough keep having Harry Potter movies on here all the time cos they have been on here before and on TV repeated many many times and now there is 4 on again this month... Can't stand Harry bloody Potter... Its ok for 12 year olds... But not to get repeating them over and over again.. And to put 4 on in one month is crazy.... :eek:

bala
08-05-2010, 09:41 AM
unfounatly members keep requesting them every month :(

Daxeter
08-05-2010, 12:21 PM
I don't see why any site would want to exclude options and accordingly have fewer users which will end up causing any site to fail over the long term. The more inclusive, the more the site generates support which should lead to more choices for those who follow any particular genres, no?

waterlilybarb
08-05-2010, 01:05 PM
Unfortunately, the majority of members (or those that choose to voice their opinion) prefer mainstream movies. Admin has to look at the big picture, and use the server space the most efficiently, in a way that will appeal to the majority. The site is over a year and a half old and just keeps growing, so I don't see it failing anytime soon. With that said, the site is only a year and a half old, and there is always room for improvement. Who knows what the future holds?