PDA

View Full Version : Be Aware This kind of Message

etworm
04-21-2010, 12:48 AM
A few members who received a private message supposedly from the administrator as follow:

Dear, Your Username!
Spam sending from your computer was detected.
We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: http://.................sitelink....................../
If you do not pass this test* we will have to delete your account and forward a complaint to your ISP with attached log file (your IP address, etc.).

----------------------------------------------------
Forum Administration www.movieforum.cc

This is a Virus, a Root-Kit virus!

We administrator didn't send this kind of message, please notice that the only forum administrator is etworm. If you got any messages which is not from etworm though it alleged representing forum administrator, please ignore that and don't click on the link in that message.

bala
04-21-2010, 12:51 AM
Thank you for letting us know about this

catnap
04-21-2010, 01:52 AM
Yes, thanks for the warning. I actually received this message last week and reported it to etworm. Thankfully I didnt click on the virus link. :eek:

It's good practice to be suspicious of any messages with links.

Just a suggestion to etworm, take the hyperlink of the virus link in your warning message as some may unwittingly click on it if they dont read the warning properly.

cheers :cool:

shinny
04-21-2010, 03:04 AM
Yes, thanks for the warning. I actually received this message last week and reported it to etworm. Thankfully I didnt click on the virus link. :eek:

It's good practice to be suspicious of any messages with links.

Just a suggestion to etworm, take the hyperlink of the virus link in your warning message as some may unwittingly click on it if they dont read the warning properly.

cheers :cool:

Hi catnap, the link etworm gave above doesn't actually go anywhere. He added.......at the end to prevent this, but thanks for your concern.

m0viem0nster
04-21-2010, 03:39 AM
Thank you for letting us know about this

Bala, I guess you didn't see my thread on this then??? (Forum Members 'BEWARE')

bala
04-21-2010, 03:55 AM
yes i did see that topic didn't you see my reply ?

Sorry i forgot to say thank you to you :)

catnap
04-21-2010, 04:22 AM
Hi catnap, the link etworm gave above doesn't actually go anywhere. He added.......at the end to prevent this, but thanks for your concern.

Oh, thanks Shinny, I see it now. Should have put my glasses on lol :o

:D

shinny
04-21-2010, 04:42 AM
Oh, thanks Shinny, I see it now. Should have put my glasses on lol :o

:D

No problem, I'd rather every one highlighted it than nobody ;)

NikkiPlane
04-28-2010, 05:53 PM
Wow - thanks for the warning! Thankfully I didn;t get one and hopefully now you put the warning out they won't try it again. Can you not delete whoever it is posting them?? Why do people do things like this - I can never understand :confused: I don't get mean people - or people who just want to cause damage or upset to a stranger for no reason. Anyway - well caught and thanks again for the warning. You rock ;)

trulee
06-08-2010, 09:25 AM
Pitty there was no warning for me when i got this spam message:confused: I hit the link and bang# Computer went haywire. The f***king job i had sorting things out was a nightmare. How can movie.cc let this happen???... I sent a pm to admin about this and got another spam message in return:confused:. Sent pm again and another spam message till i had 3or4, i just kept on deleting them and there gone now. Hav'ent recieve any more so far""touch wood"" but would it have killed to reply to my pm, just to reassure me or even to apologize for the inconvenience :mad:I'v giving alot of money to this site to watch movies and what do i get in return>(CRAP)<....with a CAPATIL.........................And i'll thank you for that.

I can only apologise that your messages were not responded to.
While we are very sorry that you have fallen foul of this destructive and malicious link, we can hardly be blamed for something done in our name without our knowledge or permission. Once we were made aware of it we put out the warning.

marksue
06-08-2010, 02:51 PM
I can only apologise that your messages were not responded to.
While we are very sorry that you have fallen foul of this destructive and malicious link, we can hardly be blamed for something done in our name without our knowledge or permission. Once we were made aware of it we put out the warning.

Thanks for the apology:DSorry i probably over reacted with last post i was so annoyed.I know it's not your falt, i'll take that back and hope you find the culprit there nasty.Hope there's no hard feelings so we can put it all behind us and move on:)=Happy viewing=

...CHEERS...

waterlilybarb
06-08-2010, 05:18 PM
Thank you for the apology. Your upset is more than understandable, but we appreciate that you know it was not done by the site. We do our very best to protect our members, and are happy to still have you as a valued member. :)

Spookytime
06-25-2010, 10:48 PM
Thanks for the warning, it's a great heads up and very appreciated

sandclimber
07-01-2010, 11:57 PM
got hit by one tonight my avg firewall locked it down now i can download nothing from site guess i need get hold avg thot put it in virus vault but durn ,allso theres one called 2010 security sweet will mess yur pc up bad good firewall will catch it its a malware and spyhunter only thing ive seen thatll get rid of it not advertiseing that program. so many bad ppl out there..