PDA

View Full Version : Forum Members 'BEWARE'

m0viem0nster
04-14-2010, 04:48 AM
Dear fellow forum members.

There appears to be a bogus message from a JosephWard claiming to be from the Administrators. The message contains the following web link : antivirus2010.webcindario.com/online-scanner/

DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK.

This is a virus and the member is NOT an administrator (probably not even a real member....... well probably a member, but of a different kind... you get me?)

Any way, someone needs to report these messages and member to admin.

This is just to warn anyone who may have recieved a message, or just give a heads up to others in case future messages are sent.

Regards

m0viem0nster

trulee
04-14-2010, 08:13 AM
Dear fellow forum members.

There appears to be a bogus message from a JosephWard claiming to be from the Administrators. The message contains the following web link : antivirus2010.webcindario.com/online-scanner/

DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK.

This is a virus and the member is NOT an administrator (probably not even a real member....... well probably a member, but of a different kind... you get me?)

Any way, someone needs to report these messages and member to admin.

This is just to warn anyone who may have recieved a message, or just give a heads up to others in case future messages are sent.

Regards

m0viem0nster

This member has now been banned.

m0viem0nster
04-14-2010, 08:30 AM
I hope you are not talking about me :(

I was kind of expecting thanks, increased reputation, free MG .... or something, but not to get banned :(

bala
04-14-2010, 09:55 AM
i think she meant member who sent the message :)

waterlilybarb
04-14-2010, 01:04 PM

I was kind of expecting thanks, increased reputation, free MG .... or something, but not to get banned :(

Trulee meant she banned JosephWard. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Mods don't have the option of awarding MG.

trulee
04-14-2010, 01:45 PM

How could I ever think of banning one our most regarded members :). If it was in my power to reward you with MG I would. I of course meant I banned Josephward.

m0viem0nster
04-15-2010, 04:48 AM
I did gather what Trulee meant. I was only jokin' guys:D

I only hope no one got viruses as a result of the links.

Dzytemaun
12-27-2010, 10:17 AM
actually thanks for banning that person! I never noticed before but i did get an email from this guy but i have my own virus protection so i payed no attention to it. I'M GLAD I DIDN'T. THANKS m0viem0nster!

NikkiPlane
12-29-2010, 04:52 PM
Yeah, well spotted and thanks for reporting - this kind of thing is such a rotten thing to do to people, I could never understand others desires to cause people they have never met such trouble :mad: Anyway, hopefully no-one was affected - good job m0viem0nster :D

m0viem0nster
12-30-2010, 08:14 AM
Its nice to be appreciated guys, thanks for your kind words, I just thought people would appreciate a heads up. This was also addressed by the REAL administrator, so I cannot take all credit. Warnings are always better coming from the proper channels though, I just thought my message would help save some members from problems in the meantime.