PDA

View Full Version : New movie posts very disapointing

Brolovski
03-20-2010, 02:53 PM
Anyone else disappointed with the new movies being posted on the site lately. I have loads of MG points but can't spend them cos the movies are terrible!!!!:mad: Where are all the movies that make it to the cinemas?????:confused: D.C. Sniper????? Who wants to watch that?

ritac-p
03-29-2010, 02:21 AM
Wow.... I was beginning to think I was the only one.

What is with the b list horror movies, I like a good scare as much as the next person but the ratio of horror to sci fi/thriller/commedy et all is crazy.

If anyone in the know is readiing this, please try and even the listings out, if you look at the newly added today they are mainly horror.

waterlilybarb
03-29-2010, 07:44 AM
Movies are added as admin is able to acquire them. While there are a lot of horror movies, there are a lot of other movies to choose from. I don't like horror movies at all, and can always find something to watch.

Celticmaidn
03-29-2010, 12:06 PM
Same here we had a lot of blockbusters added recently and one or 2 days of only horror b movies won't kill anyone. I remember the days of hoofing it to blockbuster and they had some pretty crappy weeks of movies too besides this is only our opinions. I am sure we have lots of horror enthusiasts who were gutted when we added movies like new moon and couples retreat.

ohhmmama
03-29-2010, 12:57 PM
I think the fact that you can watch movies like Shutter Island, which is still in theaters, more than makes up for any of the other lower budget stuff that gets uploaded. I also am not a huge horror fan. While I do get disappointed sometimes when the new uploads don't interest me, like Waterlilybarb, I can always find something to watch. I usually check out some of the free movies I'm not familiar with, so if I don't like it I haven't wasted any credits.
I think for the quality and price the administrators are doing a great job!
:D

lynnbarr
04-01-2010, 05:29 AM
I find the variety of films really excellent, like Ohhmmama said, Shutter island is still on at the cinema, I took my granddaughter to see The princess and the frog at the cinema, not realizing it was on here, that's fourteen pounds I could have saved. I am a horror and thriller fan so I would not mind seeing more, but this site is great keep it up :-)

diana4444
04-01-2010, 08:20 AM
Anyone else disappointed with the new movies being posted on the site lately. I have loads of MG points but can't spend them cos the movies are terrible!!!!:mad: Where are all the movies that make it to the cinemas?????:confused: D.C. Sniper????? Who wants to watch that?

\\\\\i agree crap movies lately, if it doesnt get better im looking elsewhere, far too many horror movies,whens the new free movies as well

diana4444
04-01-2010, 08:22 AM
I find the variety of films really excellent, like Ohhmmama said, Shutter island is still on at the cinema, I took my granddaughter to see The princess and the frog at the cinema, not realizing it was on here, that's fourteen pounds I could have saved. I am a horror and thriller fan so I would not mind seeing more, but this site is great keep it up :-)

yeh but look under thriller movies there you will find more horror

waterlilybarb
04-01-2010, 11:53 AM
Excuse me - there is no need to have such a rude tone. You can look elsewhere if you like.

As for the new free movies, they usually aren't put up until after the 2nd. This month, our moderator who does the tally is recovering, and I'm doing it - but I have to do it manually, so it may take a little longer, as I don't have the software to do it on my PC. I'm about half-way through.

bala
04-01-2010, 12:35 PM
What happen to shinny-hope she's ok :(

trulee
04-01-2010, 01:28 PM
What happen to shinny-hope she's ok :(

She had her appendix out and is recovering.

victoriabrisard
04-02-2010, 08:01 AM
I want to see movies but I can't because i don't have MG !:mad:
How do you do now???:confused::mad:

bala
04-02-2010, 08:09 AM
make a donation :)

http://www.movieforum.cc/pay.php

waterlilybarb
04-02-2010, 08:56 AM
@ victoriabrisard

Bala has provided the link for you to purchase MG, but you can also watch any of the free movies (http://www.movieonline.cc/index.php?newkey=serch&mod=list&classid=0&page=0&orderby=movid&keyword=0&type=lookpoint) for 0MG.

chickenlips100
05-01-2010, 05:43 PM
I don't know what's up with this site the movies use to be so good, and we did get to see all the new ones now it is all old and b movies, don't get me wrong there are one of two newer ones but that is it.

waterlilybarb
05-01-2010, 07:04 PM
The site waits until they have good quality versions of the movies before adding them to the site. It's likely that the quality the site is known for is taking longer to attain. I'm sure we'll continue to get good quality movies, and some of those B movies are actually better told stories than the blockbusters.

EUGENEMDAVIS
05-01-2010, 09:39 PM
I have watch a lot of movies at Movieonline.cc and I'm happy that I found this site. My only request is that this site upgrade all of their movies to HD Quaity in which you do not have to see movies in somewhat near DVD Quality. thanks.

bala
05-02-2010, 12:59 AM
I don't know what's up with this site the movies use to be so good, and we did get to see all the new ones now it is all old and b movies, don't get me wrong there are one of two newer ones but that is it.

Sorry i am responsible for old movies that have been added recently i did a topic

http://www.movieforum.cc/showthread.php?t=1333
http://www.movieforum.cc/showthread.php?t=1334

waterlilybarb
05-02-2010, 08:53 AM
I have watch a lot of movies at Movieonline.cc and I'm happy that I found this site. My only request is that this site upgrade all of their movies to HD Quaity in which you do not have to see movies in somewhat near DVD Quality. thanks.

It's unlikely (though not impossible) that the team is going to go through every movie already on the site to upgrade it to HD quality. Some of the older movies are not even available in HD. The movies we have are the best quality that could be sourced.

EUGENEMDAVIS
05-02-2010, 11:19 AM
Will MovieOnline.cc have preview of all the movies before we choose to watch it?

waterlilybarb
05-02-2010, 02:45 PM
I doubt it. I generally check IMDb and read the basic synopsis, as well as getting the rating and running time of any movies I'm thinking of watching that I'm not familiar with. It has helped me pass on those I know I'd find not to my liking, and also to find ones that I may never have thought of. Also, youtube has promos for some movies, so you could always check there to see if there is a preview, as well as the official site of any movies that are fairly new.

dw871
05-10-2010, 07:45 AM
i don't want to be rude but I do see a differance in the quality of movies lately. There seem to be more and more older movies and even they tend towards the romantic comedy type more than others.
Is there some problem in getting the more recent movies for the last couple of months?

bala
05-10-2010, 09:02 AM
They have updated newer movies

Peacock (2010)
Asylum Seekers (2009)
Hey Watch This (2010)

They update movies whenever they get them :)

waterlilybarb
05-10-2010, 11:38 AM
@dw871

Bala is correct, we have had some new movies posted recently, and though YOU are complaining about them being romantic comedies, earlier, people were complaining we were getting too many horror movies. The site tries to provide a diverse selection. I'm a fairly choosy movie watcher, and can always find something to watch here - though I don't mind if a movie is a couple years old. I haven't many of the movies that are a little older.

The site can also only provide what they can source - in the quality this site has come to be known for. We have quite a few new movies, but some will have to wait until a reliable & good source can be acquired.

bala
05-13-2010, 02:27 AM
Two great movies were added today

http://www.movieonline.cc/movies/20100510/4086/
http://www.movieonline.cc/movies/20100510/4084/