PDA

View Full Version : Why always the same movies?

kellyanne
02-03-2010, 01:37 PM
Why is it that the free movies keep getting repeated? Because some of the ones this month were on a month ago... And why do we have to have the whole lot on at the same month? Like 3 or 4 bateman movies etc.... Cant we just have one on at a time cos if you hate bateman its very annoying... And they have been on not that long ago.....

phoenix0284
02-03-2010, 03:54 PM
Why is it that the free movies keep getting repeated? Because some of the ones this month were on a month ago... And why do we have to have the whole lot on at the same month? Like 3 or 4 bateman movies etc.... Cant we just have one on at a time cos if you hate bateman its very annoying... And they have been on not that long ago.....
well its cos some idiots keep choosing the same movies! thats what happens when u let peeps choose their own!!! grrrrrrr

waterlilybarb
02-03-2010, 05:03 PM
Originally, free movies were those that were newly added, thus some of the movies that are free now have been free in the past. However, since the inception of the member suggestions, we have not had duplicate free movies from month to month. We often have similar movies as free because that is what the members are asking for.

wiggy222
02-04-2010, 01:55 AM
This month's free movies are annoying me too. I'm not really in the know about posting on forums, not my thing. BUt this is a quote from the rules

"All of 30 free movies will be free for a whole month and replaced on the 1st of the next month according to members votes. That's to say members put their movie list here to say which movies(released in 2008 and earlier) you want to watch them for free. 30 mostly mentioned movies will replace the current free "

I don't wanna be taken the wrong way, I watch a lot of movies here. Many of which I pay for. This voting system is not working that well. We do have a lot of repeats. Maybe not back to back, but i know some of this month's were free in Dec and Nov. Several on this month's list had one or zero votes. And the one with the most votes isn't on the list.

Just saying there has to be a better way to do this.

kellyanne
02-04-2010, 03:28 PM
I agree too with you Wiggy about the free movies cos the most popular movies were not put on.. Instead its these really bad movies put on and most of them have already been put on as free movies since the voting new system started.... And some have been on Tv alot already..... The members voting system is not working out at all... So please can we change the free voting system before it drives people crazy.... :confused:

kellyanne
02-04-2010, 03:38 PM
I am sick of all the Batman movies there are far too many put on in one go and others... And the Batman movies were put on before and thats since the new system started.... We are very grateful for the free movies but can there be more choose for people to watch each month.... And not put on Batman 1,2,3,4,5,6, etc at a time and spead them out over a few months cos people who hate Batman has 3 or 4 on in one month..... Sorry for running on a bit but it drives me mad...

bala
02-07-2010, 11:53 PM
good news guys 4 movies that should been on free list have been added.

shinny
02-08-2010, 03:05 AM
I raised it with etworm last week and some more movies have now been added. I had sent him the final tally of top movies so he added some more from that.

bala
02-08-2010, 09:54 AM
Same here I also send him pm on friday about this and I actually can't believe he added them today. The annoying thing febuary has 28 days so we get these movies for less time.:(

ISSUE
One of free movie has an error on it-half of the movie is missing
http://www.movieonline.cc/movies/20090722/3236/

You can see comment posted below.

bala
02-11-2010, 10:11 AM
So we now have 40 free movies instead 30 :)

Nightfall
02-11-2010, 02:20 PM
I too was really curious about why people were voting for movies that were either free the previous month or even the month we were in.

However, since the inception of the member suggestions, we have not had duplicate free movies from month to month.

I might be wrong but I could have sworn we had both the Underworld movies for free not to long ago.

Overall I'm pretty happy with how the free movies are being selected,
but similar to what someone else pointed out, I don't really like how a good number of people seem to be requesting the older easier to find movies
(ie. I know what you did last summer, Batman, even Star Wars).

As for series, I actually like it when complete series of movies are made free at once, it makes for some nice marathon viewing. At the same time though, I would prefer that this be limited to a certain series or two a month. As right now with Batman, I know what you did, Pulse, Underworld, 28 days/weeks... they can add up and take spaces away from movies that would add a little more variety to the selection.

wiggy222
02-12-2010, 06:56 PM
Guess it's good to know a few squeaky wheels actually do get heard here. But I do still think the voting system, as it stands, is really flawed. For the most part you end up with 10 or 12 people picking 30 different movies, and the most often mentioned aren't really a majority. And I can only assume it's new members that keep listing movies that were just free and in some cases are currently free.

I don't have any easy answers because I don't know what all the process involves, but thank goodness there aren't more people making lists. That would be insane if 30 or 40 people all picked like we are now. Maybe a nomation period and then a final vote. I don't know. I think I liked it better when they just surprised us.

bala
02-12-2010, 10:40 PM
yes it's great that someone does listen :).

shinny
02-13-2010, 01:43 PM