PDA

View Full Version : Lovely Bones

bala
01-23-2010, 11:22 AM
http://images.movieonline.cc/image03/The.Lovely.Bones.jpg

Well this was a long film at over 2 hours and yet i don't know i was left rather annoyed at the ending. That man got what he deserved but girls body wasn't found. :(. That gave the family no closure yet they managed to move on. Yes there found man responsible but he got away but ended up get payback from nature :cool:.

ohhmmama
01-26-2010, 06:21 PM
I felt pretty conflicted at the end of this movie. I never read the book because I was a little uncomfortable with the subject matter. As a parent, I really wanted the killer to be caught ( and/or suffer horribly). The fact that her body wasn't found really bothered me. But, I guess that stuff happens all the time in reality and we can't count on Hollywood (or fiction in general) to give us nice, cleaned up, happy endings.
There were several parts where I thought having read the book would have helped a lot. But all in all, I found it to be a very engaging and powerful film.

bala
01-26-2010, 10:57 PM
Well glad to see i wasn't the only one conflicted at the end of this movie.

mekaty
03-04-2010, 08:01 PM
I felt pretty conflicted at the end of this movie. I never read the book because I was a little uncomfortable with the subject matter. As a parent, I really wanted the killer to be caught ( and/or suffer horribly). The fact that her body wasn't found really bothered me. But, I guess that stuff happens all the time in reality and we can't count on Hollywood (or fiction in general) to give us nice, cleaned up, happy endings.
There were several parts where I thought having read the book would have helped a lot. But all in all, I found it to be a very engaging and powerful film.

After all its a movie...we are used to happy endings...take this as a change.