PDA

View Full Version : It's been a year

bala
01-08-2010, 11:51 PM
Well can you believe it been a year since i joined this site :cool:

shinny
01-09-2010, 12:34 AM
Same as me. Imagine it's been a year already. Where does the time go!?

bala
01-09-2010, 01:04 AM
Yeah i think we all came at same time :)

waterlilybarb, imarielle, trulee,

ohhmmama
01-09-2010, 06:13 PM
This is such a great site, I wish I would have found it sooner! I hope there are many more years to come!!! :D

NikkiPlane
01-11-2010, 10:08 AM
Yeah i think we all came at same time :)

waterlilybarb, imarielle, trulee,

And ME!! I've just been really ill and haven't been able to submit many messages to the forum as I couldn't type - have damaged my back badly and spend a lot of time flat on it! It hurt too much to move my arms to type much and I tended to save that for Facebook as I run a fan group thing for a band. Doc put me on new meds recently and they seem to be really helping me (although I now sound like I'm drunk when I talk and have lost my balance quite a bit so still spend a lot of time sitting or lying and not much walking!).

Anyway - am glad I am able to join in more now and hope to get to know you guys a bit now. I am ALWAYS seeing your name Bala! You are all over this site! And Waterlily too. Anyway - pleased to meet you all and hi! ;)

NikkiPlane
01-11-2010, 10:10 AM
GAH! I have tried to change my pic three times now - and it shows my new pic when I go into "change pic" and says it is the current pic - any suggestions what I can do??? :(

catnap
01-11-2010, 06:15 PM
GAH! I have tried to change my pic three times now - and it shows my new pic when I go into "change pic" and says it is the current pic - any suggestions what I can do??? :(

Hi, not sure if I can help but I had to fiddle around with this in the beggining myself and eventually managed to add my pic. :rolleyes:

Under Settings & Options go to Edit Avatar. Add your pic from here. I think this changes your pic when you post so others can see it.

You can also add a pic in Your Profile, Edit Profile Picture. I think this one just changes the pic inside your profile page, but NOT when you post.

Try it and see what happens. I can't wait to see your new pic. :p

And happy 1st anniversary everyone... :D

NikkiPlane
01-11-2010, 07:58 PM
D'OH!! Why didn't I think of that :rolleyes:

Catnap - you're a genius :D A friend of mine knit that hat for me and I promised I would use the pic as my avatar ;) Am a bit of a hat fan. In fact - I think all my profile pics have me wearing a hat! Thanks for the anniversary wishes too!
Right back at ya!

What's been everyone's fave movies to watch in here so far? I have to say mine is In Bruges. My husband went out and bought the DVD for me I enjoyed it so much!! Any other recommendations? Another friend demanded I watch The Darjeeling Limited. Has anyone seen it and if so - any opinions?? The ratings didn't look all that great but he insisted it's a must watch movie. I did try to watch it the other day and it cost me 20 MG's and I still didn't get to see it - am wondering whether to bother going back to try again??? (Etworm gave me back my credits). Am going to try to watch all 30 movies in the free section this month - that's my New year's resolution :p Seeing as I'm gonna b stuck at home a lot :eek:

OH - and seeing as you like cats - my next avatar is going to have to be my new baby Bubble! I have the greatest pic taken of a kitten EVER so have to use it to show you!!

waterlilybarb
01-11-2010, 11:32 PM
Seeing as you're another cat fan, check out my photo album here (http://www.movieforum.cc/album.php?albumid=14). I posted some pics pf my babies. :);)

thebest2k8
01-13-2010, 06:33 PM
amazing site..hopeful another amazing year to come

NikkiPlane
01-13-2010, 07:11 PM
Seeing as you're another cat fan, check out my photo album here (http://www.movieforum.cc/album.php?albumid=14). I posted some pics pf my babies. :);)

Aww :( It won't work!! When I click on the link it says:
Invalid Album specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

I simply ADORE my two babies - will put some pics up of both of them in an album tomorrow if I get a chance. Squeak is hand reared from the day of his birth, his mom died of cancer a few days later and she wouldn't go near him when he was born, it was pure chance I happened to be looking out my window when she had him and then ran off :eek: I had to clean him and everything. She had him on our driveway (she was wild but we used to feed her). Bubble was also found (dying) on our driveway - not sure what that says about our driveway ;)

Can you try again? Would love to see yours!

waterlilybarb
01-13-2010, 07:49 PM
Sorry about that. You should be able to see them now. :)

catnap
01-14-2010, 03:02 AM
D'OH!! Why didn't I think of that :rolleyes:

Catnap - you're a genius :D A friend of mine knit that hat for me and I promised I would use the pic as my avatar ;) Am a bit of a hat fan. In fact - I think all my profile pics have me wearing a hat! Thanks for the anniversary wishes too!
Right back at ya!

Yeah I know I am, I get that at work all the time...lol :D

Love your hat, looks warm, and always nice when its made by someone you know.

As for my favourite movies, geez there are so many of them. I like mostly action thrillers and sci-fi and even some horror :eek:. I will definitely watch In Bruges when I get the chance.

But I also have a love/hate relationship with movies that make me cry :o, August Rush and Feast of Love come to mind. Oh and Stone of Destiny was fantastic, not flashy just a wonderful story. I would recommend these for sure.

Good night, or good morning, or good day, or... :rolleyes:

NikkiPlane
01-16-2010, 10:23 AM
But I also have a love/hate relationship with movies that make me cry :o, August Rush and Feast of Love come to mind. Oh and Stone of Destiny was fantastic, not flashy just a wonderful story. I would recommend these for sure.

Good night, or good morning, or good day, or... :rolleyes:

Nice one - thanks. I always prefer recommendations than just taking a chance - I hate it when I watch a movie and it sucks :( Now don't tell anyone, but I am also a sucker for makin' you cry movies!! So those I will definitely check out!! :D

shinny
01-16-2010, 02:14 PM
Nikki, you are just down the road from me, lol. I live in Wicklow Town!! I hear the bridge was closed today due to flooding :eek: - If it's not snow, then it's rain!!

mekaty
03-04-2010, 08:13 PM
amazing site..hopeful another amazing year to come

Its a matter of pride for us all.