PDA

View Full Version : Comparisons

waterlilybarb
12-18-2009, 10:15 PM
OK film lovers, I need a bit of assistance. Forget the fact that Isla Fisher & Amy Adams could be the adult versions of the twins from "The Parent Trap". I'm having a bigger quandary wandering around my brain with which I need some help. Who is that Isla Fisher reminds me of when she speaks in an American accent (especially in Definitely, Maybe)? I'm thinking of an actress from the '70's or '80's here. Bernadette Peters comes to mind, but I'm not sure that's it. Anyone else have suggestions? It's driving me a little mad.

Feel free to continue along this line with other actors/actresses (but only after someone helps me figure out my query. LOL

Celticmaidn
12-19-2009, 07:15 PM
her voice reminds me of Sally Field or even Drew Barrymore but she looks nothing like them.

waterlilybarb
12-20-2009, 11:20 AM
Maybe Sally Field. Drew's too young for what I'm thinking. It's just the voice that's bugging me - if I could remember which movie the older actress played in, it would help. It's so reminiscent of someone. It's very distinctive - like Julie Kavner's, but in a completely different way.