PDA

View Full Version : Stars:

linusdepinus
11-07-2009, 04:25 AM
Hello,

I like this site, watch a lot of movies but the thing i don't get is why they always leave the main roles out ...

For instance new movie into temptation

stars: and then all these actors one has never heard off.... but starring roles are for jeremy sisto and kristen chenoweth...

We would actually like to know who the lead actors are..?? This to me is very strange.. And this happens a lot...

Anyone??

shinny
11-07-2009, 04:39 AM
It's a good point.

I'm not 100% sure on this but I think the team uses IMDb as a reference point. IMDb seems to be a bit sporadic in how it lists the people in the movie, sometimes it's by popularity other times not. For the one you gave as an example, Into Temptation, Kristin would have been the next name after Tom Carey, but I guess there was not enough room.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1232824/

linusdepinus
11-07-2009, 04:52 AM
Right, I can understand that. It's a shame though I skip movies if there are no actors in it that I like. Sometimes i'm lucky to be able to read the names on the cover shown. But then I suppose when you search on a certain actor.. like if we take this movie again as reference .. When I type Jeremy Sisto is it true that this movie won't appear among the results?

shinny
11-07-2009, 04:54 AM
Yes, that would be correct. If the name isn't listed, it won't find it when you search.

I'll flag it to our Administrator etworm as it's a valid point.

Tks, Shinny

linusdepinus
11-07-2009, 05:07 AM
Thanks to you to! Regards from Amsterdam!

shinny
11-07-2009, 05:08 AM
No problem, thanks for highlighting it.

I've been to the lovely Amsterdam a few times ;)

etworm
11-09-2009, 11:02 PM
Thanks for your excellent point.
Now we are using IMDB as our source and still have not other better choice.
But we will continue to search for better source.