PDA

View Full Version : 30 free movies

chickenlips100
09-29-2009, 01:04 PM
I like this idea, but is this going to help bring in new customers???

shinny
09-29-2009, 02:44 PM
I like this idea, but is this going to help bring in new customers???

I think what it will do is bring interest to the site and then when people see the variety etc of the site it will encourage them to sign up.

Nightfall
09-29-2009, 07:33 PM
The movies that get the most votes are the ones that are chosen to be free for the month, right?

I'm just curious as The Spider Man movies each got one vote and made it onto the list, while other movies that received two votes did not.

ohhmmama
09-29-2009, 08:05 PM
;)
It seems to me that the free movie "voting", is really free movie "suggesting".
And while I am really happy with this website (and free movies), I do think the free movie selection is very confusing. I do buy MG and pay to watch movies a lot. I am here for the whole experience. So, I think it would be nice to have the whole thing explained in detail.
I do want to give kudos to all who make this site possible! I love it! It is, by far, the best movie watching sight I have found.

waterlilybarb
09-29-2009, 08:21 PM
The movies that get the most votes are the ones that are chosen to be free for the month, right?

I'm just curious as The Spider Man movies each got one vote and made it onto the list, while other movies that received two votes did not.

Another thing to take into consideration is that some of the movies requested did not meet the criteria set forward by admin. I see our Administrator etworm has clarified this in the thread for suggestions for November's free movies. :)

Nightfall
09-29-2009, 09:02 PM
Another thing to take into consideration is that some of the movies requested did not meet the criteria set forward by admin. I see our Administrator etworm has clarified this in the thread for suggestions for November's free movies. :)

I know that a number of the movies that people suggested did not meet the proper criteria and that is why they were not chosen.

However movies like Serenity (2005) and Charlie Bartlett (2007) which got more than SpiderMan were not chosen.

Also I don't mean for this to sound like I am complaining in any way, I am just curious as to why some movies got passed over.

bala
09-30-2009, 12:39 AM
i was just going to write a very angry post asking why Charlie Bartlett (2007) which got 4 votes didn't get added since it meets requirements:mad::mad::mad:

shinny
09-30-2009, 04:41 AM
The other thing to bare in mind is that perhaps the admin team could not get a viable copy to upload on the site and hence why it did not make the cut.

Obviously I am speculating here and a reply from our administrator would be required. I will point etworm in the direction of this thread.

Tks.

bala
09-30-2009, 09:08 AM
Thank you and just so you know flim already on the site

http://www.movieonline.cc/movies/20081211/225

waterlilybarb
09-30-2009, 12:54 PM
One of the other things they look at is which movies have been watched more often - thus concluding they are popular and members would appreciate them being free. Not all of our members come to the forum, so it's possible admin is trying to take everyone into consideration.

I don't think any of us should be complaining for what is offered for free. The site is not required to offer anything at no cost, so we should be grateful that our opinions are considered at all in the choice of free movies.

Nightfall
09-30-2009, 01:53 PM
I don't think any of us should be complaining for what is offered for free. The site is not required to offer anything at no cost, so we should be grateful that our opinions are considered at all in the choice of free movies.

This is why I wrote this...

Also I don't mean for this to sound like I am complaining in any way, I am just curious as to why some movies got passed over.

I did not write what I did in order to complain, I was just wanting to see why the movies that were chosen were chosen.

shinny
09-30-2009, 02:48 PM
Thank you and just so you know flim already on the site

http://www.movieonline.cc/movies/20081211/225

Haha, I don't know why I said that. I was distracted earlier when I replied.

shinny
09-30-2009, 02:52 PM
This is why I wrote this...

I did not write what I did in order to complain, I was just wanting to see why the movies that were chosen were chosen.

I don't think Barb was directing that comment at you specifically Nightfall and I know you actually said you were just curious. It was more a general point as people have complained in the past and Barb was just saying we all (moderators included) should be happy there is a free movies list and that we get to vote on it.

Please always feel free to give us your honest feedback and thoughts.

Thanks. Shinny

waterlilybarb
09-30-2009, 04:47 PM
@ Nightfall

My post wasn't directed at you, it was just a general comment. :) I did take note of the fact that you had stated you weren't complaining (sorry I didn't include that in my post).

Your opinions are always welcome - both positive & negative - as are those of all our members. We appreciate any feedback that is provided, and the fact that people take the time to offer it. :D

bala
09-30-2009, 11:29 PM
Excuse me when admin ask member which flims they want free and when members spend ages decided which of 30 movies we want free surely the one that get most votes should be added free no matter whether it's popular or not.

Just by your statement you prove that it's pointless to vote because admin will add whatever flim they want regardless of what member voted. :(

Why bother voting ?

waterlilybarb
09-30-2009, 11:36 PM
:rolleyes: No need to get in such a snit. Many of the suggested movies have been included among the free movie selection, so that is a reason to continue to making suggestions. Whether you choose to do so or not is entirely up to you. :p

bala
10-01-2009, 01:59 AM
i just wish etworm would give an explanation why that film wasn't chosen :(

shinny
10-01-2009, 04:30 AM
i just wish etworm would give an explanation why that film wasn't chosen :(

Then why don't you PM him and ask?

bala
10-01-2009, 06:44 AM
yep i have just pm him :)

m0viem0nster
10-01-2009, 07:30 AM
I'm with Waterlilybarb on this.

There is no need for complaints. If the movie you voted for isn't on this time, vote for it in next months choice and so on.

Maybe whoever make the ultimate choice as to what movies are freely available will make them free to view another time.

After all, free movies to watch online, where else can you get that, plus they could in fact take it away if there are too many complaints.

I think a big thank you should be given to the admin team for making these films free to watch AND even considering members votes.

...but that is just my opinion:D

etworm
10-01-2009, 07:46 AM
The thread for free movies for October didn't follow the rules and it only has several posts with a large number of new movies in top 30 free movies.
It's my fault that I didn't iterate the rules when the thread was created.
So I have to abandon this thread and choose some top series for free movies in October.
As I mentioned before, mostly-voted movies are easy to pick. But if the number of posts are not so many, only 15-20 movies can get two and more votes each time . So I pick others with consideration of variety and popularity.
Remember the rules for free movies:
1. Released in 2008 and earlier
2. Currently existing movies on Movieonline.cc

The rules I have post in the thread to announce the rules changed for free movies : http://movieforum.cc/showthread.php?t=866

bala
10-01-2009, 09:38 AM
Ok thanks i appreciate the response i think it good if every month if you post rules so member know.:)

Also i think you should post monthly request topic instead of allow members so no confusion over what we can request :)

Nightfall
10-01-2009, 12:47 PM
m0viem0nster ~ -_-' Yes we know that they don't have to offer anything for free, the issue was that we were told to vote on what movies would be put up, and after we did so, the ones with the most votes weren't put up. We were asking for clarification on the subject.

The thread for free movies for October didn't follow the rules and it only has several posts with a large number of new movies in top 30 free movies.
It's my fault that I didn't iterate the rules when the thread was created.
So I have to abandon this thread and choose some top series for free movies in October.
As I mentioned before, mostly-voted movies are easy to pick. But if the number of posts are not so many, only 15-20 movies can get two and more votes each time . So I pick others with consideration of variety and popularity.
Remember the rules for free movies:
1. Released in 2008 and earlier
2. Currently existing movies on Movieonline.cc

The rules I have post in the thread to announce the rules changed for free movies : http://movieforum.cc/showthread.php?t=866

Thank you for answering our question.

One follow up question/suggestion though...
Would this mean that in the case of not many people voting, the movies chosen will always be from amongst the most "popular" movies? Personally I think this site has a good number of lesser known movies, that are better than their more known counterparts. I think if you were to showcase some of these movies a bit more then they would get watched more often. Take from this what you will, it's just my opinion.

shinny
10-01-2009, 12:50 PM
FYI I have added a collated list of movies to the first post and I will keep updating this regularly.

sherifomran
11-13-2009, 02:10 PM
Hai, thank you very much possible

bala
12-07-2009, 11:11 AM
any idea when we can start voting for january 2010 free flims ?

shinny
12-08-2009, 01:40 PM
I'm closing this as it's an old tread.